Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie ?

Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to sit on the throne Maxwell or Charlie or anyone else ?

11 hours ago, The Curator said:

Sequel game after They are banished where Wendy takes over and just screws around with everything.

Well Klaus can beat one Deerclops, but can he beat TWO Deerclops?

The literal personification of faffing about with the console commands. XD

4 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

@yousif7733, you can edit your original post (this thread) and add a poll so people can vote if you want.

That would be cool to know, in actual numbers.

By the way what happens with the anarchy option? what if charlie manages to leave the throne, by fooling it leaving a pig butt in place and nobody reigns anymore? huh?

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

THEM will throw a hissy fit like a spoiled child.

But what will THEY do about it?

I elect that we throw the Codex Umbra into a void... and then it'll end up becoming the portal that makes Dupes in ONI...huh.

Well at least THEY will no longer be in control, right? RIGHT?!

...Maybe not.

ezgif-3-2a204720.gif

CodexWater.jpg

Yeah, I know my editing skills are sloppy at best, hush. :3

Haha!  I love that the poor Duplicant is just CRYING his face off about the codex.  "OH MY GOD I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS THIS THING AND YET I ALREADY KNOW IT'S EVIL ICK GET IT AWAY."

Well, there IS all that stuff I wrote in the "The Characters Are Duplicants" thread...basically that the "real people" of Oxygen Not Included's world are normal sized and proportioned, and they put their duplicants into various death-trap world scenarios and watch them try to survive/bet on them/try to sabotage other players' pawns.  So in this case, if everything suddenly broke down...you'd have a lot of confused duplicants looking at blank holodeck walls and some VERY pissy rich people.)

On a more Don't Starve lore level, I...yeah, I also kind of want to vote for the anarchy option.  Just to see what happens!  I still kinda get the feeling that if NObody was on the throne, everything would just kind of start falling apart...and I don't mean like the ruins would get ruinier, the pigs would fall into civil war with each other and the seasons start messing up ala climate change--I mean falling APART. In bits.    Somehow the throne is the nexus point of all this--no ruler/puppet, no magic.

I've always kind of liked the premise that the BIG bad, the overall evil that's everywhere and you can't escape it...is also _integral_.  It _can't_ be safely removed without removing a lot of the good stuff, too--and I think that fits the overall tone of Don't Starve. The world may suck, but it's better than not existing at all!  And an evil that you CAN'T get rid of 'cos doing so would kill you as well...yeah, that also sounds pretty Don't Starveish.  I'm thinking the Don't Starve world is so inherently weird that it can ONLY exist by magic, and whaddya know, the shadow stuff everywhere is actually the source of power behind _all_ its magic--not just the parts you don't like.

Whoops.

(For anybody here who's read the Discworld novel "The Last Hero"...you know that one SUPER scary dark, apocalyptic painting in it?  Yeah.  THAT.  Only without the dead turtle and elephants...probably.)

Or, for a more science-y example...imagine your spaceship is being sucked into a black  hole. And you're like, "Ya know?  Wouldn't it be nice if there wasn't so much _gravity_ around?" and somehow your wish gets taken literally and HOLY CRAP, look what happened to the universe...!

Which is WHY They are so very, very insistent that _somebody_ always be on the throne. Whether they specifically _know_ that their dimension is essentially held together by spit and bailing wire or it's just some instinct...there's GOTTA be somebody on the throne, or else there would be no land for them to rule over.

BUT, that's just me.  (shrug)

EDIT:  Ooh!  Ooh!  You know how Maxwell says "There wasn't much here when I arrived.  Just the dust.  And the void.  And them."

THAT'S what happens when nobody is on the throne for too long!  (snaps fingers)  Perfect!

...Notorious

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

By the way what happens with the anarchy option? what if charlie manages to leave the throne, by fooling it leaving a pig butt in place and nobody reigns anymore? huh?

Uh... I wrote it. Apart from favourable reviews, it didn't end well.

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Which is WHY They are so very, very insistent that _somebody_ always be on the throne. Whether they specifically _know_ that their dimension is essentially held together by spit and bailing wire or it's just some instinct...there's GOTTA be somebody on the throne, or else there would be no land for them to rule over.

You poor fool.

VLzjGNi.png

Nightmare_Nome.png

@nome shall take the mantle when no one remains. For he is the true ruler of THEM.

All shall bend to the glory of @nome and the potato cup.

(Just so you know, I spent an ungodly amount of time swimming through the horrors that is the Maxwell Memes topic to find that photo of @nome, so y'all better appreciate my effort! Some things just cannot be unseen, even with bleach.)

8 hours ago, Asparagus said:

@yousif7733, you can edit your original post (this thread) and add a poll so people can vote  if you want.

8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

i did it i made a poll so people can vote thanks @Asparagus i did not think of making a poll 

7 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

But what will THEY do about it?

I elect that we throw the Codex Umbra into a void... and then it'll end up becoming the portal that makes Dupes in ONI...huh.

Well at least THEY will no longer be in control, right? RIGHT?!

...Maybe not.

ezgif-3-2a204720.gif

CodexWater.jpg

Yeah, I know my editing skills are sloppy at best, hush. :3

you just made my day i wish i can give you 1000 like because i laugh so hard 

1 hour ago, disies said:

It took me some time to read all of your theories and discoveries. I read about the lore and such and was so pulled into it that I feel empty now.

:wilson_resigned:

It pulled out your soul. Now your empty vessel shall be filled with the essence of potato cups and you shall become another potential Maxwell Shadow Puppet. Here's to hoping you don't get one shot by a Giant, or anything for that matter. XD

the_great_gatsby_trailer.jpg

17 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Oops, sorry! my bad then. My lurking skills have grown weaker :(.

Nah, don't worry! It's on DA (the same nick, yeah). "Valediction". Didn't end well since HERE is based around a victim on the Throne. An act of self-sacrifice just makes it all burst at the seams.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

MFW most people haven't voted for Wes. (Aw God, I'm gonna have to wade through the Maxwell Memes once again in order to find the photo I'm looking for, pray for me people...pray for me)

I know I am not voting. The poll is built in a way which does not show anything. You can choose multiple people, possibly all together, tallying it up will be a nightmare. I will wait for single-choice polls.

Speaking of Shipwrecked (mind going off on a tangent? :D)

Maxwell's dialog when examining the White Whale is:
"We meet again."

Key word there, AGAIN.

So that means he's already been to the world of Shipwrecked, most likely before he gained his freedom. So what does that mean? Did he just create a pocket dimension for him to escape to when the dreariness of Rain (*ba-dum-splat*) of Giants gets the better of him? A 'lil vaycay in Fiji to relax while Wilson is going through Hell in a handbasket? 

...I am now imagining Maxwell wearing a tacky floral shirt reclining on a bright fold-out chair, sipping from a coconut with an umbrella in it, with some tacky shades on, in the world of shipwrecked. And next to him, almost out of the frame, you can see Sealnado, Quacken, the White Whale, TigerShark, and all the other bosses, just...I dunno, faffing about with Wilson, with the same face as he had at the end of the Shipwrecked video. (Someone PLEASE make a visual aid for that. XD)

24653759.jpg

7 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I know I am not voting. The poll is built in a way which does not show anything. You can choose multiple people, possibly all together, tallying it up will be a nightmare. I will wait for single-choice polls.

7 hours ago, Donke60 said:

@yousif7733 you forgot the SW members all must be accounted for 
also with ann here poll needs to be single for easier consensus 

i think it will by funny if You can choose multiple people but i was wrong so i change it to be single  

I am not trying to be annoying . i am just trying to get everyone attention . the elections will end after 500 votes . the Nightmare Throne Election Day is today . so please i want everyone to vote. i am going to mention some people who reply on the topic and maybe people from other topics @watermelen671 @Donke60 @Arlesienne @disies @Asparagus @ShadowDuelist @CaptainChaotica @minespatch @Master Jand @Bunions @StarmanNess @ImDaMisterL @CarlZalph @The Curator @ExtollerOfTrolls @Destros09 @absimiliard @TheKingDedede @Quoth143 @Chris1488 @NightWonder7 @spiderdian @oCrapaCreeper @Sinister_Fang @AniMike @Maslak @halfrose @ImpactedTooth @Michi01 @EuedeAdodooedoe @Zeklo @mochilo @DatShadowJK @l96735063 @JimmyJam @Kittydub @NeddoFreddo @Evivo @Raven Crow @Wexton @Electroely @Escaped @Instant-Noodles @jantonio @Angel_Octoling @Spaartan @Battal @Zhuzha @LePietatoLord @aukingiii @SkyCommision @mathem99 @PuffinBy @Sketched_Philo @Radax3 @1v0 @Walter0 @Weirdobob @JellyUltra @Silxer @nome @Tylordian

if you are reading my post please tell other people you know to come here and vote.

If you want a real, tragic, sinister world of darkness and deceit; you go Maxwell.

If you want Fran Bow meets Alice in Wonderland meets Tim Burton, the original goth lolicon; you go Wendy.

If you want attractive and tortured mind controlled waifu, but with no actual redeeming qualities as a villain; you go Charlie.

Archived