Will be there any more backstories ?

HI my question is will be there any more backstories because we have just tow first is Wilson in  Don't Starve Cinematic Trailer Forbidden Knowledge and Maxwell in William Carter Puzzles and after it we go to present and see how charlie took the Nightmare Throne and klei will continue from that point and tell us that whether we save charlie or not and keli well never explain other character backstory starting with Willow and ending with Webber it has been 3 years since the last backstory and the story will focus on charlie so i gave up there will not any more backstories what about you guys did you gave up or still have hope that we well see the character backstory 

if you have any theory about character backstory write it down because i have no theory 

like how Maxwell tricked willow 

Willow: i love to burn stuff but people do not let me burn it i fell bored 

(Maxwell came out of no where)

Maxwell: i can send to to a place where you can burn any thing whatever you like

Willow: very good where is the place 

i mean willow will need a portal to go to the DS world where and no one think to explain that here is how i explain it 

Maxwell: Do you know how to build portals

Willow: NO

Maxwell: very well then you need to go to old abandoned house (it is Wilson's) and you you will find a portal with a lever when you see it pull the lever

Willow: OK

and that is how willow got in DS world 

I agree that we do need some more backstories for the characters in Don't Starve, it really gives us more insight on them and makes their quotes make much more sense. I don't necessarily believe that *that's* how Willow get into the Don't Starve world, but we all have theories.

We know a bit about Charlie through the new reign trailer and William Carter puzzles but who to focus on next is the real puzzle. Webber, Willow, or Wigfrid could use a focus.

Webber due to small hints in the quotations but what is his crime for being taken in?

Willow seems to have come from a orphanage(that she might have burnt down[due to her portrait]).

Wigfrid seems to have been a actress but that's all I know so far.

1 hour ago, glommerhugger said:

I don't necessarily believe that *that's* how Willow get into the Don't Starve world, but we all have theories.

i was joking because we do not have any backstory how willow got into Don't Starve world

Well, if you're a-lookin' for ideas on Woodie's backstory, I've devoted perhaps a bit too much time on the subject. I may or may not have made a few threads obsessing focusing on it . . . .

But yeah, I really hope we can get more background on all of the characters. I've mentioned it before, but having a short little video similar to Forbidden Knowledge, but for each of the characters, would be AMAZING. Vague enough to keep the fun mysterious/conspiracy theory theme for all of their backgrounds, but with enough information to give us something solid on our favorite survivors. And come on, who doesn't love it when Klei makes their animated shorts/trailers? ;)

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

There was that comment @JoeW said last year or so about the skin seller and the skins in general were supposed to get a animatic but it got pushed back.

Wait really?? Aw, that would of been interesting to see though!

The fact Maxwell needed Wilson to create a portal suggests that the one who sits on the Throne, as well as Them, have very limited influence outside of their own world. And so Maxwell required Wilson to build an actual machine capable of channeling Their power.

In some ways it throws into question if it would even be possible for the others to have been brought to the world, as it is not as if they all had the scientific knowledge to create a portal. However, the fact that every character is capable of creating a Science machine and so on; suggests that perhaps Maxwell gave them all Forbidden Knowledge which allowed them to build their own gateways. And so after traversing it, they retained the abnormal ability to know how to create such devices.

The fact that only Webber mentions Maxwell so explicitly in that he lied to him, suggests in turn that Maxwell did not lie to everybody in order to get them to build a portal. He likely seduced them with promises that indeed were fulfilled. Woodie has trees to cut, Wigfrid has things to kill, Willow has things to burn. And so on. This is potentially justified even more by the lack of outburst every character shows towards being in the new world, because most of them knew this was what they were getting into.

Thus, the backstory of most of the characters can be inferred that Maxwell approached them through an obscure, indirect means which hid his identity. Told them about something they could gain by taking his gift of knowledge and using it to build a portal, and then they went through. 

Archived