Bundling Wrap nerf

Quite clearly, the Bundling Wrap is overpowered. Sure, players need to defeat the Bee Queen to unlock it, but after that, players can basically expand one's inventory fourfold if one can fine enough honeycombs.

The problem comes about when food doesn't spoil when stored, which once more allows the hoarding of a single food item for long journeys. All you need is to prototype a rope and you're set on food. I don't really count materials as being overpowered to store in them, as they don't have an expiration date.

I'm proposing two solutions. First one would simply be destroying the bundling wrap upon unwrapping it. In doing so, these items can be saved for emergencies or placing near the spawn point for newcomers, and solving the issue of food with virtually no spoil time. As honeycombs are renewable via the Bee Queen, it would encourage killing her in the future.

The second solution would be to place the items as structures that are destroyed upon opening. Not keeping them in the inventory could be a pain, but you can place them in strategic locations for later use when you really need them.

As a side note, should either option be taken into consideration, maybe giving the ability to label for examination purposes would be handy.

With this thread done, you are now free to reply!

Another option would be to simply not allow putting in anything that can spoil. Then it serves the purpose of inventory compression without being overpowered.

Although I did like how the gift wraps worked during winter's feast. If bundles were broken upon use then the refine recipe for honeycomb to beeswax would make sense. Right now it's just a one to one conversion, so it's pretty pointless. If they were consumed upon use then it would make sense to give maybe 4 or 8 beeswax per honeycomb so you could make a nice handful of them.

On 3/13/2017 at 10:44 AM, Thieverpedia said:

Quite clearly, the Bundling Wrap is overpowered. Sure, players need to defeat the Bee Queen to unlock it, but after that, players can basically expand one's inventory fourfold if one can fine enough honeycombs.

The problem comes about when food doesn't spoil when stored, which once more allows the hoarding of a single food item for long journeys. All you need is to prototype a rope and you're set on food. I don't really count materials as being overpowered to store in them, as they don't have an expiration date.

I'm proposing two solutions. First one would simply be destroying the bundling wrap upon unwrapping it. In doing so, these items can be saved for emergencies or placing near the spawn point for newcomers, and solving the issue of food with virtually no spoil time. As honeycombs are renewable via the Bee Queen, it would encourage killing her in the future.

The second solution would be to place the items as structures that are destroyed upon opening. Not keeping them in the inventory could be a pain, but you can place them in strategic locations for later use when you really need them.

As a side note, should either option be taken into consideration, maybe giving the ability to label for examination purposes would be handy.

With this thread done, you are now free to reply!

Oh yes, quite clearly.

This is the equivalent of calling the Scaled Furnace overpowered for giving the player a small, infinite heat/light source as a reward for beating DST's Dragonfly. Let's just make it into a fire pit with a slightly longer duration, because this item is breaking the game as we know it.

Snark aside, I don't think it's overpowered, especially considering you now need to defeat the Bee Queen to obtain it. This is no longer an item that will let you glide through your first winter with the ability to hoard four stacks of jerky and cactus per parcel, this is an item the player will likely receive well into their playthrough, likely beyond the first year, at which point a player and their team has seen the worst the game can throw at them, minus the raid bosses. Is an item that makes trips across the map a little easier all that bad?

The nerfs the item needed, it has gotten. Now the player has to work hard to obtain it, what more do you want and why?

12 hours ago, Ressayez said:

The nerfs the item needed, it has gotten. Now the player has to work hard to obtain it, what more do you want and why?

Currently Bee queen needs the highest amount of preparations for solo player, unless one is ready to spend years fighting her without taking damage. I don't think anyone who goes for boss rush runs ever includes Bee Queen first, if at all.

23 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

Currently Bee queen needs the highest amount of preparations for solo player, unless one is ready to spend years fighting her without taking damage. I don't think anyone who goes for boss rush runs ever includes Bee Queen first, if at all.

You only need to defeat the Bee Queen to get this item! Only the Bee Queen!

Please nerf, Klei, and nerf all other raid boss drops while you're at it, I don't want any payoff for my troubles.

Archived