Koi's Don't Starve Fanart

On the day I had to get my wisdom teeth out, my blind boxes came in, one of them containing Wes! It may sound silly, but I bonded with him and he comforted me because he couldn't talk and my mouth hurt too much to talk! So it gave me a lot of comfort and I decided to try my hand at drawing him! I want to draw him more and kind of figure him out a little more, but here was one of the first attempts.

(Again I'm new to the forums and don't really know how it works yet so I'm sorry if I am doing something wrong) 

Wes Lines finished.png

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 14

He's my favourite character! But I can't decide on whether I like to imagine he is a stand-off introvert grump who doesn't like people or a goofy bad science man who makes puns all day. Hmm... maybe both?

PS: I've been messing around with brush settings all day soo yes

wilson.png

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Welcome to the forums :). The picture is delightful. I like your style and Wes in normal proportions is even more handsome than usual!

Thank you so much! I still need to get the hang of drawing him! his hair is really hard! Wes is best tho :p 

Kind of shocked the unread forum button didn't show your thread until now.

15 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

wilson.png

3 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

willlll.png

I love how your are emphasizes his oncoming baldness. Love it. :wilson_ecstatic:

15 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

I can't decide on whether I like to imagine he is a stand-off introvert grump who doesn't like people or a goofy bad science man who makes puns all day. Hmm... maybe both?

Do both.  He's a everyman character. The more psychological weakness and insecurities, the more human he'll be.

27 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Welcome to the forums! ^_^ The drawings are cool and I can't wait to see more :) any other characters you like?

@DragonMage156 thanks so much!! Id have to say my favourite characters are Wilson, Maxwell, Wickerbottom, Webber, Wes and Wendy, but I also really like Willow and WX. I haven't played shipwrecked but Walani seems super cool too! (Sorry, I have a lot of favourites!)

Edited by ceruleankoi
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

On the day I had to get my wisdom teeth out, my blind boxes came in, one of them containing Wes! It may sound silly, but I bonded with him and he comforted me because he couldn't talk and my mouth hurt too much to talk! So it gave me a lot of comfort and I decided to try my hand at drawing him! I want to draw him more and kind of figure him out a little more, but here was one of the first attempts.

(Again I'm new to the forums and don't really know how it works yet so I'm sorry if I am doing something wrong) 

Wes Lines finished.png

His pants must go HIGHER
The higher the pants
the more POWER

8 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

hang of drawing him! his hair is really hard!

Glad I'm not the only one having that problem

8 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

Wes is best tho :p 

A fresh recuit would you like to join the CULT OF WES
i'm the self-proclaimed leader. even had a poll
(hm i'm joking)

4 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

I haven't played shipwrecked but Walani seems super cool too! (Sorry, I have a lot of favourites!)

Walani is pretty nice really good at exploring and some nice quotes

(Sorry, I have a lot of favourites!)

As do I though I can only confidently play two of them

(I should really have a shorter introduction)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

His pants must go HIGHER
The higher the pants
the more POWER

YES

A fresh recuit would you like to join the CULT OF WES
i'm the self-proclaimed leader. even had a poll
(hm i'm joking)

I'd join your Wes cult :p Wes is Best

As do I though I can only confidently play two of them

(I should really have a shorter introduction)

Oh dont worry dude I am pretty sure I'm crap at all characters

I usually play Wilson and I really wanna try getting good at Maxwell and a lot of other characters

• Like 1

I'd join your Wes cult :p Wes is Best

I was joking  but I'll take another follower

I usually play Wilson and I really wanna try getting good at Maxwell and a lot of other characters

Most experince with characters just come from game knowledge though the one's that are purely character only are

Wes
Warly
Woodie

Maxwell just gotta have friends or be good at fighting
As you generally improve your will have better control of any character
or atleast that's my train of thought

(sry for the late reply I just got notified)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

I was joking  but I'll take another follower

Don't worry so was I :p 

1 hour ago, Donke60 said:

Most experince with characters just come from game knowledge

Yeah I get ya! I watch a lot of DS videos actually I mean it's kind of interesting how much there actually is to the game if you think about it

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

That's fine. Sometimes it's hard to choose a favorite. My favorite character though is Wigfrid. I think Wilson and Willow come second ^_^

I haven't really decided how I feel about Wigfrid! I think she is on my good list. But for some reason I HATE Wolfgang. for NO reason. I don't hate him because he's a bad character or anything because he isn't but for some reason I just hate him. I feel bad about it too hah

I play random characters with my friends a lot and whenever I get Wolfgang I make them restart the server

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  1. Me all the time with drawing Wilson.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. I bet a pigman or beefalo pooped on his shaver.

1. Yess I have a million ways of drawing him lol 

one being the normal style (as close as I can get to it at least), two being this, and the rest being everything inbetween :p

2: lol YES and he's just like "ew disgusting filth gosh darn now I must make a new one"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ceruleankoi said:

I haven't really decided how I feel about Wigfrid! I think she is on my good list. But for some reason I HATE Wolfgang. for NO reason. I don't hate him because he's a bad character or anything because he isn't but for some reason I just hate him. I feel bad about it too hah

I play random characters with my friends a lot and whenever I get Wolfgang I make them restart the server

I don't like Wolfgang either, (well his in-game version). He's got too big of a belly and gets weaker if you don't keep him fed. Although he's stronger than Wigfrid in his biggest form, I still prefer the preforming artist ;)

I'd like to do random but there's a lot of characters I don't main, simply cos Idk how to tackle their ups and downs. Wigfrid or Wilson are just fine for me :)

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I don't like Wolfgang either, (well his in-game version). He's got too big of a belly and gets weaker if you don't keep him fed. Although he's stronger than Wigfrid in his biggest form, I still prefer the preforming artist ;)

I'd like to do random but there's a lot of characters I don't main, simply cos Idk how to tackle their ups and downs. Wigfrid or Wilson are just fine for me :)

Yeah, I mean I guess Wolfgang is stronger technically, but his strongest form is really hard to maintain! It really isn't worth it in my opinion :\ plus you may be starving a lot in a game called don't starve so he might be weak a lot especially if you just start out.

I usually stick to Wilson. I want to olay Maxwell more though, I just really like him! I have trouble picking a main though so I'll probably stick with wilson for now :)

• Like 1