The Smallbird that Never Came to Be

I doubt there are many who could say they hate the pigmen as much as I do.

*sigh*

So I was playing DST with my old best friend, right? And that was already an astounding scenario since we didn't exactly part terms and this was the first time we voluntarily spent time doing something together in a few years. 

So things were going pretty smoothly! We played random characters, I was Woodie, and she was Wickerbottom. As the days went on, we continued to explore and we eventually came across a tallbird and its little egg. I informed my friend that we could hatch the egg and have a little smallbird baby following us around, and she agreed. 
So from then on, I became Woodie, the stay at home mom, a physically capable lumberjack who made the old lady he was surviving with do all the foraging, exploring, and, of course, wood chopping.

The days went on, and we excitedly talked about the arrival of our little bird. We talked about how we would wait until we saw who he looked like when deciding on a name. 

He was almost ready to hatch. It was a nice day. It was sunny, nothing was trying to kill us, everything was great.

Suddenly a snort is heard nearby. Woodie turns his head curiously, and there it is. The fat pigman named Waffles. Before we knew it he had stormed up into our camp like he owned the place. He stopped as his eye caught something. Our little egg. 

"ME HUNGRY!" was all it said before it started to BOLT for the egg.I chased after it screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!", almost making my friend go deaf. I tried to save him, but it was too late. That stupid pig ate our baby and left, blissfully unaware of the crime it just committed.

And that is my tale of the Smallbird that never came to be.

...And then I almost died trying to avenge my unborn son. Reeeal good way to kickstart the family and rekindle my friendship with my friend. :p

Also this is my first post so here is a little sketch of the aftermath :p Ummm This is my first post I'm really nervous to um post this I hope I'm doing this right I'm sorry if I'm not

sad.png 

That's an adorable sketch!  Dang, it really looks like them!  As for the poor smallbird...this is the reason I don't live too close to pigs.  You put ANYthing even remotely foodlike on the ground for even a second, it's gone!

(And if we DO manage to actually hatch the egg...I tend to name my smallbirds "Morsel" for a reason.  : P)
...Notorious

12 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

That's an adorable sketch!  Dang, it really looks like them!  As for the poor smallbird...this is the reason I don't live too close to pigs.  You put ANYthing even remotely foodlike on the ground for even a second, it's gone!

(And if we DO manage to actually hatch the egg...I tend to name my smallbirds "Morsel" for a reason.  : P)
...Notorious

Yeah, I don't usually hang near the pigmen, but my friend wanted to so why not? We ended up successfully hatching one too, and then she decided to punch a pig for eating some seeds she wanted, causing our little baby to attack it and then die shortly after :p

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I feel bad for all the members in the event. The pigman didn't know and you two had a emotional lost. Poor guys.

We both had a deep hatred for all pigmen after that and she had a fee trust issues with me as well :p

Me and my friend decided to become lesbian mommies. We had a few... accidents. Most of our eggs died. And Glommer died too.

We started fresh in a new world and this time I got us 2 eggs, so we could have TWIIIINS.

One egg was probably eaten by a hound after we fought Varg and I died. ;-;

But then we found 4 more eggs! *as in we stormed Tall Birds and killed them all and looted their nests*

We cooked one egg (5 kids is a bit too much) and somehow succesfully hatched the rest

First was Birdella

Then Birdberd

Then Feather and Steve

GAWD THE BABS ARE NEEDY

We had 40 seeds, 21 toasted, 19 not toasted

We ran out in just a few days

All of the kids attached to my wife, Wendy, so she was followed by 4 babs, Chester and Abigail. She was the stay at home mom and we both were starving most of the time because she was too busy feeding the yelling and screaming babs to cook for MEEEEEEE

Shortly before Birdella turned into an angsty teen, wife disconnected briefly. 3 of our babs attached to me and 1 attached to a random who joined the server

I think the random dced? They died in the darkness right next to our base, few steps away from a lit fire, with MY BAB ATTACHED TO THEM

but the bab survived! Yay! And attached to me, booooo

Birdella left our nest as I was running errands

and the 3 remaining teens got murdered by a spider queen.

On 3/13/2017 at 1:34 AM, ceruleankoi said:

I doubt there are many who could say they hate the pigmen as much as I do.

*sigh*

So I was playing DST with my old best friend, right? And that was already an astounding scenario since we didn't exactly part terms and this was the first time we voluntarily spent time doing something together in a few years. 

So things were going pretty smoothly! We played random characters, I was Woodie, and she was Wickerbottom. As the days went on, we continued to explore and we eventually came across a tallbird and its little egg. I informed my friend that we could hatch the egg and have a little smallbird baby following us around, and she agreed. 
So from then on, I became Woodie, the stay at home mom, a physically capable lumberjack who made the old lady he was surviving with do all the foraging, exploring, and, of course, wood chopping.

The days went on, and we excitedly talked about the arrival of our little bird. We talked about how we would wait until we saw who he looked like when deciding on a name. 

He was almost ready to hatch. It was a nice day. It was sunny, nothing was trying to kill us, everything was great.

Suddenly a snort is heard nearby. Woodie turns his head curiously, and there it is. The fat pigman named Waffles. Before we knew it he had stormed up into our camp like he owned the place. He stopped as his eye caught something. Our little egg. 

"ME HUNGRY!" was all it said before it started to BOLT for the egg.I chased after it screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!", almost making my friend go deaf. I tried to save him, but it was too late. That stupid pig ate our baby and left, blissfully unaware of the crime it just committed.

And that is my tale of the Smallbird that never came to be.

...And then I almost died trying to avenge my unborn son. Reeeal good way to kickstart the family and rekindle my friendship with my friend. :p

Also this is my first post so here is a little sketch of the aftermath :p Ummm This is my first post I'm really nervous to um post this I hope I'm doing this right I'm sorry if I'm not

sad.png 

I hate when they do that...  I had one walk into my base, which freaked me out at first since they generally run from me, then I realized he came in to pick my berry bushes and eat them.  It's actually why I generally try not to get too close to the pigmen.

Archived