Give insanity ambient sounds its own volume bar instead of being merged with Ambient Volume

Like the title says I think there really needs to be an option to lower/mute the insanity ambient volume or give it its own volume bar because it's extremely irritating, especially when playing as a mod character that has cool perks when insane then I literally can't play with ambient on...

Now before someone says it's supposed to be irritating & make you feel insane..  I know that I can mute it if it's sooo annoying...

BUT the problem is if I mute the ambient sound then a lot of beautiful sounds like rain, wind & all those other things that make the game feel so alive also get muted which really makes my Don't Starve Together experience the opposite of immersive :wilson_incredulous:... I'm also prone to getting migraines easily from repeated/loud audio...so the insanity sounds make me quite sick, literally :wilson_ill:...

So, if insanity sounds could get split apart from Ambient Volume & get its own tab under the name of "Insanity Volume" that really would be great, I'm sure many other casual players like myself, people that get migraines easily (again like myself) or those who simply play Don't Starve Together for fun would appreciate it a lot :wilson_flower:!

Thanks for reading, have a great day/night :wilson_smile:~!

The sound's volume is controlled in data/scripts/components/ambientsound.lua:322-330::

local sanity = player ~= nil and player.replica.sanity or nil
    local sanityparam = sanity ~= nil and (1 - sanity:GetPercent()) or 0
    if player ~= nil and player:HasTag("dappereffects") then
        sanityparam = sanityparam * sanityparam
    end
    if _sanityparam ~= sanityparam then
        inst.SoundEmitter:SetParameter("SANITY", "sanity", sanityparam)
        _sanityparam = sanityparam
    end

Unfortunately it's all local stuff so not seeing a 'clean' way to edit it with a mod other than forcing the parameter after it has been set causing two parameter sets.

Not sure how well the sound will happen, but I'll make it happen and see if it'll sound bad.

It doesn't sound bad and there's a delay when the parameter is shifted majorly.

I'll see about putting a scaler in.

Archived