Tamed beefalo

So i tamed this beef and i got the rider one.

only thing im worried about is that the server is 24/7 open so will i constantly need to place salt licks for him to keep him tamed or will he be tamed forever??

What happens if i dont put any salt licks into his pen? will he just turn into a normal beefalo again?

If it is neither fed or ridden nor there is a salt lick, it will go wild in 10 days. Sad but true... :(

This is why I actually never tame a beefalo on public servers. You're going to need a lot of salt licks, as one is enough for 15 days, so if you'll be longer away, best prepare with lots of logs and nitre.

If you stay on the server however, you don't need any as long as you feed and/or ride it regularly.

30 minutes ago, Cookiemies said:

And i used a whole autumn to tame him. . .

Feelsbadman :D

Maybe if you know someone on that server or there is a bigger (reliable) group, you could ask them to take care of your beefalo. With a bit of luck you'll have it when you go back again and they'll have an already tamed rider. Everyone wins. :)

Of course, I have never done such thing but you could give it a try. Maybe it works ;)

4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Maybe if you know someone on that server or there is a bigger (reliable) group, you could ask them to take care of your beefalo. With a bit of luck you'll have it when you go back again and they'll have an already tamed rider. Everyone wins. :)

Of course, I have never done such thing but you could give it a try. Maybe it works ;)

Well its kinda hard to do cuz its an pvp server :D

2 minutes ago, Cookiemies said:

What?! You domesticated a Beefalo on a PvP server? Say goodbye to your beloved Beefalo, because in a couple of seconds someone's probably gonna ride away with it into the wind.

But, but but... why?

1 minute ago, Cookiemies said:

Well, they'll appreciate your present even more! :D

But yes, now I understand your problem...

Just now, Cookiemies said:

its an pvp server but it has the Myownership mod. so if its penned up, no one can take it from me.

Oh okay, at least they won't turn it against you. Well, if you have a base well hidden enough, there is still some chance, but I wouldn't stay away too long... 

You plan to go back there later, right? Will this server last long? Because I know some pvp worlds that are allways regenerated after the first autumn or maybe winter, to give the newcomers new chances. 

this particular server resets every ANR Update if theres something that would change the map.

For an example the against the grain update was one.

and its very interesting server cuz the host actually hosts 6 servers at once.

theres 4 main worlds and 2 cave worlds. you can access to other worlds by caves.

its really fun :D

Archived