Tesla trees might be a great thing added for the atrium areas, if the portal gonna teleport us in deeper atrium, one of the biomes should be Tesla gardens, as like (prolly could be ancient lore) a charging area, for the clockworks to come in and get charged. The trees would periodically give a little health back to one of the clockworks, or if attacks player (not WX) would do a small amount of damage if hit. WX would gain small amount of charge in a cost of some sanity and a little health, because lightning is powered by nightmare fuel. They would get a bit more active if there is a nightmare phase, gradually slowing down when phase is going calmer. Breaking Tesla trees would make players get struck by lightning, any insulation clothing would help, yet tesla trees would need 10 or 15 hits with a hammer to be broken. While Tesla trees are still there, they would light structure that's like lightbulbs on the ground, when there is no Tesla tree in range, the bulbs will go out (and might change into clockwork pawns who will only attack with electricity).

These biomes could act like mini arenas, that protect ornate chests as a reward, the chests would appear when the Tesla trees are broken (as a mini trap for that, as I said, there would be pawns to attack with lightning).

Tell me what you think :p

I'd like something like this. Also tesla trees drop gears so GEARS FOR EVERYONE! I think it would be balanced, since you actually have to try and kill a crapload of Big Tentacles to get to the Atrium, and even then, you would have to get through the onslaughter or Spiders and Clockworks to get to the chest and Trees.

I support this idea. A setpiece like this wouldn't hurt.

Ugh... I think gears are super common in caves already, maybe would have a chance for a gear, could be 1 thulesite and some gold with Doo-dad's, but there is a new way to reset ruins by c_resetruins() while in caves, so you can raid the clock many per year or whatever the time you want. Gears can be gotten from tumbleweed, so they are renewable if even you don't wanna cheat with the ruin resets. Those arenas would be more like a challenge  to get chests.

Archived