Bad community

KLEI I am disgusted I was banned  of server  strictly Unprofessional  for no reason aparent. Two players found a camp, then they started insulting me Because I was in his camp and Then they got me kicked out. I do not speak english for that reason i could not defend myself. Bad community racist and xenophobic.

To be honest, it's normal to be kicked on those kind of servers.

Strictly Unprofessional Public is the kind of server that commonly has a lot of players in it - and, as such, most bases are spread apart. Though I don't play on it very often, I remember there being a rule on being in one's base if one does not approve of it. These servers are usually more strict and are mostly "alright, there are multiple players here, but you should probably go make your base on your own anyway".

If this isn't your cup of tea, try out another server - usually, public dedicated servers with 2-5 players on it that isn't something like "How to Survive" or "Strictly Unprofessional" and starting in the first 10 days - even better if an admin is on it. These are the best servers.

I know you speak Spanish, so...

Para ser honesto, es normal ser pateado en ese tipo de servidores.

Strictly Unprofessional Public es el tipo de servidor que comúnmente tiene un montón de jugadores en él - y, como tal, la mayoría de las bases se separan. Aunque no juego en él muy a menudo, recuerdo allí ser una regla en estar en una base si uno no lo aprueba. Estos servidores suelen ser más estrictos y son en su mayoría "bien, hay varios jugadores aquí, pero probablemente debería ir a hacer su base en su propia de todos modos".

Si esto no es su taza de té, pruebe otro servidor - por lo general, los servidores públicos dedicados con 2-5 jugadores en que no es algo como "How to Survive" o "Strictly Unprofessional" y comenzando en los primeros 10 días . Estos son los mejores servidores.

8 minutes ago, SkyCommision said:

To be honest, it's normal to be kicked on those kind of servers.

Strictly Unprofessional Public is the kind of server that commonly has a lot of players in it - and, as such, most bases are spread apart. Though I don't play on it very often, I remember there being a rule on being in one's base if one does not approve of it. These servers are usually more strict and are mostly "alright, there are multiple players here, but you should probably go make your base on your own anyway".

If this isn't your cup of tea, try out another server - usually, public dedicated servers with 2-5 players on it that isn't something like "How to Survive" or "Strictly Unprofessional" and starting in the first 10 days - even better if an admin is on it. These are the best servers.

I know you speak Spanish, so...

Para ser honesto, es normal ser pateado en ese tipo de servidores.

Strictly Unprofessional Public es el tipo de servidor que comúnmente tiene un montón de jugadores en él - y, como tal, la mayoría de las bases se separan. Aunque no juego en él muy a menudo, recuerdo allí ser una regla en estar en una base si uno no lo aprueba. Estos servidores suelen ser más estrictos y son en su mayoría "bien, hay varios jugadores aquí, pero probablemente debería ir a hacer su base en su propia de todos modos".

Si esto no es su taza de té, pruebe otro servidor - por lo general, los servidores públicos dedicados con 2-5 jugadores en que no es algo como "How to Survive" o "Strictly Unprofessional" y comenzando en los primeros 10 días . Estos son los mejores servidores.

Ok men, thanks for answering, pity this community. From now I will not be friendly and supportive with nobody.

• Developer
1 hour ago, jhonrv06 said:

Ok men, thanks for answering, pity this community. From now I will not be friendly and supportive with nobody.

I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I don't believe this is the way you should behave after it.

You encountered 2 random users in a dedicated server, and because of your bad experience with them will now give a bad time to every other user, helpful or not?

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call an entire community "racist and xenophobic" thanks to 2 members who, as stated by @SkyCommision, were technically on their right to kick you from their base/server if what he remembers from the rule is right. Besides, did they actually say anything that was racist and/or xenophobic? If so, I strongly believe you should report those players on Steam.

Now apart from that, small dedicated servers with 2 - 5 members, like Sky said, are probably your best bet here. I've known a lot of people who made many friends by playing DST, and the community is mostly nice and helpful, aside from these few happenings here and there. Don't let that give you a bad view on the whole playerbase, be open to new people and servers, you'll probably be surprised :)

I was there when you got banned. 

You randomly showed up at someones base , started taking all their stuff, their food form their icebox, and even the food they were cooking on the crocpots. They asked you to stop and leave you didnt. Then you count downed in chat that you were going to burn their base. They had to turn the flingos on. Oh look I have a screenshot.

Untitled.png

OW.
If that's true, it was all totally YOUR fault, buddy.  No sympathy anymore.  None at all.

Before I read this last bit, I was going to say my usual about "But not all public servers are like that, really, _I_ run a public server and it's perfectly nice!"...except...what MAKES it nice is that people who act like jerks get _banned_!

Oh, and while running off to the forums to tell your tale to a hopefully sympathetic audience because you legit were treated badly and just want to vent/have a shoulder to cry on is legit...telling the story deliberately WRONG so you can get sympathy for something that was actually _your_ fault?  Dang.

...IF this is true.  If.  Wasn't there, don't know for sure.

...Notorious

I think I've met this guy before, He burned down my pal @TheOracle's base a few months ago.

1 hour ago, Faultz said:

...started taking all their stuff, their food from their icebox, and even the food they were cooking on the crockpots. They asked you to stop and leave you didn't. Then you count downed in chat that you were going to burn their base. They had to turn the flingos on.

That's...almost exactly what happened last time, except he managed to burn the place.

Anyways, jhons, If you want to avoid conflict, you shouldn't take what is not yours, Especially if you can't properly communicate with those you are taking from.

you will not get banned from this server when you just take some food or live at a base you didn't make. you probably did something else.. usually people who grief a la burning bases, destroying things like pig houses get banned. 

i think you are not telling everything that happened. 

and when you think, you didnt deserve the ban and it was not fair, you can go on their discord and try to solve this issue. maybe they will unban you if it wasn't griefing. 

31 minutes ago, jantonio said:

@ImDaMisterL, is it ok to lock this thread before the hells of hades rise.

Should be archived and stickied, classic example of a greifer using the victim card. The servers are "Coorperative" the game is "Together", if you notice players who take items / food, don't contribute items back to the team, threaten players builds if they don't comply. Give them the ol' boot. Then they can write a post in general about the DST community servers so others know of them. ; )

29 minutes ago, Wexton said:

I vote for the idea of locking this before someone washes their eyes with bleach after seeing such a thing.

Too late, dearie, already happened *points at herself*. The party's over, lock the gates, abandon ship.

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

Too late, dearie, already happened *points at herself*. The party's over, lock the gates, abandon ship.

Oh really? Well good thing I got a medicine that can heal everything. Even your vision! "brings a bunch of jellybeans".

53 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

To me it seems more like "marvel at chaos" than "eye bleach" ocassion.
*munches his potato chips, delighted*

On 3/11/2017 at 7:43 PM, jhonrv06 said:

KLEI I am disgusted I was banned  of server  strictly Unprofessional  for no reason aparent. Two players found a camp, then they started insulting me Because I was in his camp and Then they got me kicked out. I do not speak english for that reason i could not defend myself. Bad community racist and xenophobic.

Don't take it personally, I speak perfect English and have been abused/kicked out many, many times (which is why I have a private server now).    The public servers are anarchic jungles, everyone does whatever they feel like.    FYI, we still have openings :).

Archived