Antlion not giving warnings

After three summers, I can say for sure that of the three times that the antlion spawned, he only gave a warning twice on the first summer.
The other two times he spawned me and my friend were on the base and things simply started crumbling under us.
Also the second and only time he gave a warning on the first summer, the sinkholes appeared in less than 10 seconds, giving us no time to leave the base.

Is this a bug or the antlion doesn't always give warnings? The warning happening less than 10 seconds before the sinkhole is a normal behavior?
Regards

Enable screen shake or listen for audio clues. You shouldn't rely on the character quote because, as you said, doesn't give much time for escape.

Also note that you're meant to kill the Antlion or pay tribute to it, for doing otherwise has big (intended) consequences.

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Does anyone know how the timer works?

Here You are! Copied from DS wiki: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Antlion

tabelka.jpg

"For example, if one gives the Antlion a Hardened Rubber Bung, it would delay its attacks for a whole day. One should keep in mind that its rage timer cannot exceed 6 days, so players may need to contribute a hefty amount of items to it at least twice throughout Summer in order to never be attacked."

It is time consuming to fish for trinkets and not very effective, as I see from this chart... I better learn how to wreck this thing..

Question, does anybody have an idea of how much time crumbled ground circles stay before they disappear? Earthquakes happened right in my base once and it freaking stayed there up to mid winter wtf .. Is there like a proximity time counter like with the whales for getting bloated?

Archived