Caves - PLEASE help me!

Yo guys, thank you so much for opening this thread!!

So recently I started playing DST with my friends, and oh boi oh boi, we've created a server and played untill day of 38, and we forgot to turn of the caves. We created a lot of stuff and it would be a bummer to restart from the begining just so we can use the caves. 

So my question here, can I somehow enable them? 

Thank you so much guys! 

AND as always, don't starve :)

17 minutes ago, McCountry said:

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this as of right now, and there probably never will be. Sorry man :(

39 minutes ago, McCountry said:

Yo guys, thank you so much for opening this thread!!

So recently I started playing DST with my friends, and oh boi oh boi, we've created a server and played untill day of 38, and we forgot to turn of the caves. We created a lot of stuff and it would be a bummer to restart from the begining just so we can use the caves. 

Thank you so much guys! 

AND as always, don't starve :)

As @Weirdobob said, currently it's not possible.
You could, however, with enough knowledge, time and sanity move your save to a dedicated server and add caves to that. Although seeing you're 38 days in I'd say you're better off making a new world.

13 hours ago, Electroely said:

You could, however, with enough knowledge, time and sanity move your save to a dedicated server and add caves to that. Although seeing you're 38 days in I'd say you're better off making a new world.

Elaborating on @Electroely's statement, it is indeed possible to link a world with caves with some effort. Spawning in a Plugged Sinkhole using console commands will place the sinkhole, but still not allow you to travel into the Caves.

Don't Starve Together uses a "shard" program to link worlds. If you had the time and effort, you could make a dedicated server, set the save to your current world, enable caves correctly on the dedicated server by inserting some folders and editing some text documents, spawn in a Sinkhole, and hope for the best.

Again, I'm not sure if this will actually work. I'm assuming it will due to the way that Don't Starve Together works.

18 hours ago, Deadbyte said:

The time used to add caves to your existing server would be severely longer than the time used to create a new world and get to day 38.

I did it in less than 5 minutes following YouTube video how to do it! Thanks for replying tho!

On ‎12‎.‎3‎.‎2017‎. at 2:00 AM, SkyCommision said:

Elaborating on @Electroely's statement, it is indeed possible to link a world with caves with some effort. Spawning in a Plugged Sinkhole using console commands will place the sinkhole, but still not allow you to travel into the Caves.

Don't Starve Together uses a "shard" program to link worlds. If you had the time and effort, you could make a dedicated server, set the save to your current world, enable caves correctly on the dedicated server by inserting some folders and editing some text documents, spawn in a Sinkhole, and hope for the best.

Again, I'm not sure if this will actually work. I'm assuming it will due to the way that Don't Starve Together works.

It is working, thanks for helping me out man! Means a lot!

On ‎11‎.‎3‎.‎2017‎. at 0:29 PM, Electroely said:

I did it and it worked fine. The only dumb thing we did, one of the sink holes spawned near our base, and we opened it. Now we got a bat problem haha. Thanks for helping me out man, means a lot!

On ‎11‎.‎3‎.‎2017‎. at 0:07 PM, Weirdobob said:

Hi, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this as of right now, and there probably never will be. Sorry man :(

There is, I found a way, well, kind of not "in game" way of doing. But it is possible!

24 minutes ago, McCountry said:

I did it in less than 5 minutes following YouTube video how to do it! Thanks for replying tho!

It is working, thanks for helping me out man! Means a lot!

I did it and it worked fine. The only dumb thing we did, one of the sink holes spawned near our base, and we opened it. Now we got a bat problem haha. Thanks for helping me out man, means a lot!

There is, I found a way, well, kind of not "in game" way of doing. But it is possible!

Link the video please. I'd appreciate it.

Archived