Disscusion on psudo station lightning in caves.

I was looking into the bug page and saw that this bug was reported and listed as known issue, My question is should we get it? I have tested the station on overworld and hammering it gives out lightning. Also (if they do give us this but they don't know how too) they can do the thing with music in ruins and make it so lighting only work in ruins.

Before the lightning Wx-78 nerf I would have said no since you could overcharge your self single player for a LONG time with hammering all the short ones, but since a full end is nigh book only gives like 15 days of overcharge now from the nerfs, then I don't think it is too over powered to give off lightning in the ruins from hammering them!

5 hours ago, JJburner said:

Before the lightning Wx-78 nerf I would have said no since you could overcharge your self single player for a LONG time with hammering all the short ones, but since a full end is nigh book only gives like 15 days of overcharge now from the nerfs, then I don't think it is too over powered to give off lightning in the ruins from hammering them!

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I also support that lightning in caves are a thing again.

I hope @V2C, @ScottHansen, and other devs look into this.

9 hours ago, JJburner said:

a full end is nigh book only gives like 15 days of overcharge now from the nerfs

Is that really a nerf though? That's still 15 days of rolling around at the speed of sound and not being able to freeze, and it only costs 2 papyrus and a red gem.

1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

Is that really a nerf though? That's still 15 days of rolling around at the speed of sound and not being able to freeze, and it only costs 2 papyrus and a red gem.

FYI A full "The end is Nigh!" book used to last 100+ days.

4 hours ago, Toros said:

I say no, because WX is already the strongest character and being overcharged for all of winter for 1 red gem (papyrus is practically free) is already absurd.

Unlike said method, smashing pseudoscience stations actually requires some work. Though, now that ruins regeneration is going to be a thing, I can picture a Wx78 stockpiling thulecite just to repair and smash stations for lightning strikes.

Also, if lightning was brought back in caves , maybe Klei would make telelocator staves work  in the caves again and we could telelocate Toadstool away from his arena! Yay!

5 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Also, if lightning was brought back in caves , maybe Klei would make telelocator staves work  in the caves again and we could telelocate Toadstool away from his arena! Yay!

No cave lightning is intended because it makes sense, but if ruins only had lightning then it be balanced. Aka 1 thue for 1-4 lightning strikes.

9 hours ago, Toros said:

I say no, because WX is already the strongest character and being overcharged for all of winter for 1 red gem (papyrus is practically free) is already absurd.

he is the strongest character but gears are not an easy task to get on surface. I personally use gears first for basing then everyone else who needs em then for upgrading, guess its playstyle to ones own.

54 minutes ago, jantonio said:

No cave lightning is intended because it makes sense, but if ruins only had lightning then it be balanced. Aka 1 thue for 1-4 lightning strikes.

he is the strongest character but gears are not an easy task to get on surface. I personally use gears first for basing then everyone else who needs em then for upgrading, guess its playstyle to ones own.

Except no, because you can spend a day going around the desert grabbing tumbleweeds in any season and have a decent chance of getting a gear or multiple gears.

36 minutes ago, Toros said:

Except no, because you can spend a day going around the desert grabbing tumbleweeds in any season and have a decent chance of getting a gear or multiple gears.

good luck, .1% times 3. I have done it before, spent like 3 hours getting 15.

11 hours ago, jantonio said:

good luck, .1% times 3. I have done it before, spent like 3 hours getting 15.

It's 1% times three, so roughtly one every 33 tumbleweeds.  That's not that hard, and there are quite a few clockworks on the overworld you can fight on top of that.

13 hours ago, Toros said:

It's 1% times three, so roughtly one every 33 tumbleweeds.  That's not that hard, and there are quite a few clockworks on the overworld you can fight on top of that.

gears                : 299944   : 0.99981323335201   :  0.00018676664799

;>

15 hours ago, Toros said:

Odds are fixed, 1% drop chance.

There are three rolls in a tumble, but the odds do not shift.

I did a 10 million roll simulation with the same code Klei's using and it's going at ~1% of all drops are gears.

Archived