Lureplants are kinda useless?

Am i the only one who thinks that lureplants should be updated or changed in some way?

well ofcourse the lureplant itself is a great way to collect grass, twigs and even reeds but thats it.

And the leafy meat. Theres no crafting recipes and you cant use it in a crockpot either.

maybe they could come up with a critter that could use the leafy meat as a part of its crafting recipe?

I just like the idea of a carnivorous plant that eats everything but in game its just meh.

Any thoughts?

I agree that leafy meat is kinda pointless but I don't believe the Lureplant is useless. It has uses just few like the ones you mentioned, especially reed traps combined with Wickerbottom can make for some really nice heals if you have the honey production to support it.

Edit: I also remembered that it should prioritize smoldering over every other object around it, so it can be an alternative to flingos if you're up for constantly checking to see whether its on fire or about to be.

i mean you dont really get that many lure plants unless the world goes for a good long while but 1 use I tend to have a lure on me for is so that i can summon Abigail. So if you dont have a use for your lure you can give it to your local wendy main and tell her of its uses :D

also i think it can work well for wigfrid and her vampireism  but i dont really know about that

I use a them in long lasting worlds as protection from hound attacks. Protected by a flingo, so that they won't burn down in summer and autumn. But they're worth it only if you don't need teeth and gems anymore ('cause you have already too much), but for it, they don't need any time and resource to keep, unlike toothtrap fields.

Now that I think of it, maybe it could be useful against Mooslings and the Goose/Goose to soften them a bit. I haven't tested it, but might worth a try.

Otherwise I agree that lureplants don't have much uses, but still have some :) 

In addition to all the other uses people have mentioned, you can use them as an easy egg farm. Caged birds will accept it raw too so you don't even need to cook them like monster meat.

1 hour ago, EsaiXD said:

also i think it can work well for wigfrid and her vampireism  but i dont really know about that

Nope, won't work.

You can always use them against bosses. They eyeplants serve as a nice distraction to things like Bee Queen's grumble bees or Toadstool when he made his sporecaps and targets you, or dragonfly's lavae (although you'd need a flingo for that)

I also think that a tiny leafy meat farm would be nice, if you want to make free eggs without having to use meat or monster meat (which becomes abundant lategame)

You can also use them to protect a base from smoldering. They'll smolder before anything else in the summer. With this information you could set up a base in which 1 flingo is enough, or you could use it as an emergency fire protection on early summers.

Don't forget that they are great against bees! Just plant a lureplant (or 2) near killer bees, let them be eaten, and safely destroy their hives. Works great for collecting honeycombs... or just clearing area from killer bees (or regular bees).

As Fimmatek said it. It is very good against le Goose and the mooslings. I plant 2 or 3 around the nest area near the base. It distract the Goose while I'm fighting it. And at the same time the mooslings get f*cked without me chasing them all around

Lureplants can pick grass/twigs/berries, get Glommer's flower for Woodie, help with training ornery beefalo, catch birds spawned by wickerbottom, infinitely farm morsels through moleworms and relogging, distract mobs that are chasing you, give you tons of leafy meat by planting them near frogs, clear out killer bee fields effortlessly, make winter trival with an obsidian spear in shipwrecked... What more do you want?

I don't like 'em directly in my base, but as random frog fighters or whatever, I'll leave 'em around. They'll also work in a pinch if I'm caught out by a late-game (large) hound attack and am nowhere NEAR my pile o' traps.  When that happens, I've been known to use anything even remotely aggressive nearby to distract/kill the hounds--including tallbirds, bees, spiders, and if I can dodge it just right, the lureplant. 

And when ALL else fails...the bulbs make good fire/fling fuel.  :D

Leafy meat should totally be able to go in the crockpot, though (same with succulents).  What's up with that?

...Notorious

I'm a wigfrid main and my world's got like 21 of these growing in the desert (sandstorm offers protection from smoldering, the desert turf doesnt let eyeplants grow on it)

It's nice to gather it and use it as a "I'm hungry but don't want to eat a honeyham and waste the health/sanity boost" food, I also feed it to my pets and I actually never knew you could give it to pigking, if I run out of my seemingly infinite rubber bungs ill take a look into that

But, one thing about lureplants is that they take "smoldering priority" meaning they will start smoldering before everything else. I remember someone was able to keep their huge absoloutely massive base covered with only 4 flingos because of the strategic placement of their lureplants.

I wouldn't know though, I like to have flingos all over my base so if there's a griefer not one spot is uncovered

Archived