Flups/Fishermerms in Marsh/Swamp

Ispin69

I love that fishermerms fish for you but the marsh is very dangerous with the flups and the poisonous holes. I know I can wear a particulate purifier and shovel up the poisonous holes for venom glands and get rid of them.

Could I get rid of flups by digging up all the marsh/swamp turf?

What's the best way to get rid of the regular merms?

I saw someone post about planting lureplants then hammering down their huts. I would probably get rid of all the spiders/moneys/snake bushes on the island too to make it a safe fish farming island.

It depends on the numbers, normally you can just kite them very carefully, but the lureplant is always good option to get rid of the normal merms. Don't forget preparing your armor.

Flups are very tricky, you definitely need to wear good armor and pay attention to the little bubble on the floor for proper kitting... They are not difficult to kill. I recommend attacking them with a Cutlass, 2 hit kill, if I remember right.

Flups respawn, but veeery slowly. Just remove marsh turf and they won't respawn.
I killed all flups by using full armor and hambat, tanking them.
I removed merm huts when they were busy fighting snakes and then I killed them during sleep.
Fishermers respawn from their huts, so it's nothing when one or two die. It is a bad thing when you telelocated some (they will fish for you, too!). Then you need to make sure area is secure. You can just wall it and place manmade turf to avoid flooding and lureplants.

On 3/9/2017 at 11:36 AM, Maslak said:

Flups respawn, but veeery slowly. Just remove marsh turf and they won't respawn.
I killed all flups by using full armor and hambat, tanking them.
I removed merm huts when they were busy fighting snakes and then I killed them during sleep.
Fishermers respawn from their huts, so it's nothing when one or two die. It is a bad thing when you telelocated some (they will fish for you, too!). Then you need to make sure area is secure. You can just wall it and place manmade turf to avoid flooding and lureplants.

I didn't know merms spawned from fishermerm huts. That's going to be a bummer. In ROG, merms only spawn at dusk/night but one there is one that hangs outside during the day and if it gets aggro'ed then 3-4 more come out to help him. I'll also need some manmade turf to prevent flooding. Even though it's a seemingly small hourglass shaped island, I dug up almost 200 marsh turf. I don't think I want to spend that much cobble stone on a little island like this. Might consider just wood flooring or maybe carpeted flooring since I do have tons of beefalo wool.

Should I hammer down the fishermerm huts? Will the homeless fishermerms still fish and just sleep outside? I'm thinking about the telelocator as well. Is it okay to just burn most of the marsh turf? I don't see myself ever putting down marsh turf because of my hatred of flups.

2 hours ago, Ispin69 said:

I didn't know merms spawned from fishermerm huts. That's going to be a bummer. In ROG, merms only spawn at dusk/night but one there is one that hangs outside during the day and if it gets aggro'ed then 3-4 more come out to help him. I'll also need some manmade turf to prevent flooding. Even though it's a seemingly small hourglass shaped island, I dug up almost 200 marsh turf. I don't think I want to spend that much cobble stone on a little island like this. Might consider just wood flooring or maybe carpeted flooring since I do have tons of beefalo wool.

Should I hammer down the fishermerm huts? Will the homeless fishermerms still fish and just sleep outside? I'm thinking about the telelocator as well. Is it okay to just burn most of the marsh turf? I don't see myself ever putting down marsh turf because of my hatred of flups.

I always hammer them down, cuz I always place my base near Fishermerms... I see no point in having normal Merms when I can get free fish from Fishermerms :). Your choice though!

And merms behave the same in SW too... they are indeed active at dusk too

I couldn't tell the difference in the fishermerm hut from the regular merm hut cause they look so alike which is why I thought regular merms spawned there too. There was only one fishermerm on the island but still good. I just need to hammer the two regular merm huts right next to it.

15 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I always hammer them down, cuz I always place my base near Fishermerms... I see no point in having normal Merms when I can get free fish from Fishermerms :). Your choice though!

And merms behave the same in SW too... they are indeed active at dusk too

Thanks, I will set up a tiny base on that island with a fridge/crockpot/lightning rod.

Archived