Renegade_Doll

New Players Should NOT Be Allowed To Vote Server Regen..

36 posts in this topic

Better yet a setting to turn off both voting systems or a c_ban command. And no more dead people voting

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't see this problem on consoles which is weird. But yea on PC I agree, way more whiny babies trying to get their way. It would be nice if it required a time limit on server before voting. Ive seen the same thing where 3 buddies all join a server and immediately vote to kick the person who survived the most days.

Edited by Mafiabrett
Small spelling fix
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Never happened to me, but it must be painful af I can imagine... Losing a world can be really emotionally devastating    

(I have no real life I know)

Edited by csc_unit
3 people like this

3 hours ago, Mafiabrett said:

I don't see this problem on consoles which is weird. But yea on PC I agree, way more whiny babies trying to get their way. It would be nice if it required a time limit on server before voting. Ive seen the same thing where 3 buddies all join a server and immediately vote to kick the person who survived the most days.

To add to this, every time I join a dedicated server (In which I am not lagging but that's a separate topic) there's never an admin around.

Coincidence? I think not!

1 person likes this

Apparently now servers are all being reset by a group of tumors- group of users Door, Kleo and Chess who are joining and kicking everybody. Destroying their progress and locking them out of that server. Just lost twenty eight days with four canes and krampus sack.

Hey developers. Want to fix your voting system. Hey developers. Want to learn how to make one. Have not been able to leave a server willfully in four days; because it always gets regenerated or grief'd. FIX IT.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Renegade_Doll said:

Apparently now servers are all being reset by a group of tumors- group of users Door, Kleo and Chess who are joining and kicking everybody. Destroying their progress and locking them out of that server. Just lost twenty eight days with four canes and krampus sack.

Hey developers. Want to fix your voting system. Hey developers. Want to learn how to make one. Have not been able to leave a server willfully in four days; because it always gets regenerated or grief'd. FIX IT.

If you're trying to keep a server alive you're much better off making your own or joining a friend. Public servers are very hard to maintain because of this issue, so if you want to keep all your progress and not risk losing it so much you're better off making a server or joining a friends server and turning off the useless voting system. Also threads likes these are made quite often without any developer input so I wouldn't expect to get any feedback.

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Renegade_Doll said:

True.

We need to know who starts a poll for kick other people.

1 person likes this

What about Endless servers? It's not possible to vote to regenerate those, I believe. 

9 hours ago, Mafiabrett said:

I don't see this problem on consoles which is weird.

Startup costs to regen grief include console+game+subscription per bot/helper. No thanks.

2 people like this

The problem with private servers is they are private, which means the community will be less open. Which is inherently good for gameplay and bad for sociability. Are they any specifically auspicious groups to join, as there seem to be many random no-name-brand ones.

Would assume groups also have more experienced players though, who are inherently less enjoyable to play with being they know all the min-max techniques which leads to less failure and struggle. Deerclops is the biggest adjudicator for it.

1 person likes this

I said this before! You should be on the server 20 in game days before you can vote to do anything!

3 people like this

Everybody knows the voting system is flawed. For now, play on reputable servers with an admin on (check for a star icon). Servers need moderation - mine are 90% always public and don't get griefed often (if at all, but I've got tools to fix the damage).

And finally, do not name trolls. Send a PM. We are not allowed to call any particular Steam user out, that's the rules.

3 people like this

I joined one the other day and got kicked in two minutes.   Was their to recruit prospects for a private server lmao.

On 3/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, Arlesienne said:

And finally, do not name trolls. Send a PM. We are not allowed to call any particular Steam user out, that's the rules.

Makes it rather, actually, impossibly difficult to spread the word now does it. Am assuming it is a privacy matter. Yes, and so they privately run around causing chaos and suffering. The criminal justice system does not respect privacy either, as the whole point is making people aware of threats. And if people want to frame other people, they will run around servers warning them of a false problem anyways.

Rhetorical.

1 person likes this

Just now, Renegade_Doll said:

Makes it rather, actually, impossibly difficult to spread the word now does it. Am assuming it is a privacy matter. Yes, and so they privately run around causing chaos and suffering. The criminal justice system does not respect privacy either, as the whole point is making people aware of threats. And if people want to frame other people, they will run around servers warning them of a false problem anyways.

Rhetorical.

Not really. Do you know of the project of griefer reporting (with evidence of logs and screenshots) that @cezarica started? It works like a charm and isn't against the forums' ToS. A win-win.

1 person likes this

Also there is nothing to stop someone from falsely reporting someone they wish to harasss  if it's just random users posting in the forum without proof.

1 person likes this

Just now, Rellimarual said:

Also there is nothing to stop someone from falsely reporting someone they wish to harasss  if it's just random users posting in the forum without proof.

That's why the ToS can't be tampered with. My servers require proof that is not easy to cheat, namely logs and screenshots, plus special mods for moderation. @cezarica has the same system, we trade blacklists based on evidence like that. Better not to ban a hundred griefers than ban a single innocent person.

1 person likes this

Where can this vetted list of griefers be found?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Also is this list of greifers comprised of people from the ANR beta branch or the normal branch? From experience I don't find nearly as many griefers on the beta branch as I do on the normal one. It's also because of this that I fear the day when Klei combines the two because of obvious reasons.

Edited by ItsPizzaTime
mispelled word

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

And

3 hours ago, voyager156 said:

Yeah I'm also curious...

PM Cezarica.

2 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Also is this list of greifers comprised of people from the ANR beta branch or the normal branch? From experience I don't find nearly as many griefers on the beta branch as I do on the normal one. It's also because of this that I fear the day when Klei combines the two because of obvious reasons.

Both. You have reason to worry. I do too. Well... moderation is key.

I'm the U.S friend of Cezarica :^)

My griefer ban list is over 750 griefers banned.