Solo Atrium Basing Guide

17 hours ago, HamBatter said:

Flaws aren't that bad enough to make it unviable, but it may be more difficult. Still relatively easy with Wigfrid as you can eat Monster Meat to lose sanity and eat Jerky/kill stuff to gain.

i probably should have mentioned this. the flaws don't make the characters completely invalid, just impractical. if they want to know which characters can go to atrium, they want to know the practical ones. any character can survive anywhere, but they just may not do the job well. it's like using a shovel to open bags; it's definitely possible, but, again, not very practical.

also, jerky takes too much time out of the limited amount you have to work very well. remember, you want to get to atrium before winter, not by next spring.

17 hours ago, HamBatter said:

Flaws aren't that bad enough to make it unviable, but it may be more difficult. Still relatively easy with Wigfrid as you can eat Monster Meat to lose sanity and eat Jerky/kill stuff to gain.

Dev stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125940539?t=49m28s

Skeleton will likely be able to trample on structures like other bosses, so be prepared for that. Your bunnies might prove to be useful though?

ah, i don't watch the klei streams. thanks for the info.

anyways, as IDK dude stated earlier, it will be easy to move out for the boss. i have 7 bundling wraps down there, all i need to do is gather enough materials to rebuild, which should prove to be an easy task, bundle it up, and put it outside. bunnies would definitely help, and i could build more hutches outside if i wanted/needed to.

11 hours ago, jantonio said:

Um hello, mushroom planters for sanity like 

what. I take copyrights to the mushroom planter strat :>.

the mushroom planters don't nearly provide enough sanity to cover the constant drain. here, i'll do some math:

it takes 3.75 days for one planter to fully grow and yield 4 mushrooms, one of which goes back in the planter. this means you'll get 3 mushrooms from each planter every 3.75 days.

3.75 days is 30 minutes, and your sanity drains at a constant 5 per minute. 30 * 5 = 150, meaning you'll lose 150 sanity over the time it takes for a mushroom planter to fully grow.

if you're using green caps, you'll need you grow 10 mushrooms per harvest (i'll say 9 because meatballs also give some sanity). 9 mushrooms per harvest requires 3 planters, which won't be so easy to collect for at the start.

additionally, the mushroom planters really only apply to wicker and willow, since wigfrid, the picky child she is, won't eat them, and maxwell doesn't need to manage sanity, as he gains it back so fast.

11 hours ago, Electroely said:

I've seen many other people do a better job at it, and I can see many things wrong with the guide that I won't bother listing. I actually said "inb4 atrium basing" in a thread way before this guide was made, so if anyone would be taking credit for the idea of basing in the atrium, it would be me (although I don't want to tell people "give me credit whenever atrium bases are mentioned" because that doesn't sound right. You can't really take a credit for an idea this broad and just say you're the first one to ever do it. It's like taking credit for bunnyman farms. It would be fine to say that about something that's harder to invent, like @EsaiXD's sanity station.

yeah, i realize that this was probably a wrong thing to type but didn't care because it was late. i'm perfectly fine without the credit being given if it'll give me such a low reputation and may not even be correct in the first place. you were right, i was wrong. i'll accept it and leave knowing that. i'll put a disclaimer at the start and end stating that the text is incorrect, and leave the mistake so your post doesn't become invalid.

EDIT: or not, because i don't know forums work and how the edit button goes away after a post reaches a certain age. i'm really making a mess of myself aren't i

well, bundling wrap was just made boss loot. goodbye strategy

and with that patch coming in, i may be done with dst, since atrium bases were the only thing hard enough to be fun anymore.

;---;

Archived