Transportation And Advanced Transportation Research

Transportation for materials ONLY :

It has to be quick and easy to build but only good in certain cases like long straight galleries. Should be slower than Dupes running on tiles but automatic.

• Horizontal conveyor belt : must be built on tiles, the arriving point requires a powered machine (1 way pull only). Can be extended as you go further.
  • Vertical pulley : must be built on ladder, the arriving point requires a powered machine  (1 way up or down). Can be extended as you go further.

If you want a teleport for Dupes that's a different story.

My inner factorio is screaming! YAY BELTS! But nice suggestion ;)

They dig and shove stuff on it and it gets to base, no time wasted! Maybe it can be even used as construction where one dup loads on one side and other dup just picks it up. But that would be very complicated i guess.

On 3/16/2017 at 1:34 AM, Crimeo said:

That's a feature! ;) Pipes reduce decor, so they're supposed to be ugly.

They should have decor research II which makes pipes give decor instead but needs more materials.

i would love to see a type of conveyor belt with little clamps where a dup runs over to it, one of the claps pick it up, and drags it over to where ever the end is or a midways station so dups dont need to run everywhere, it would also be funny if they had their screaming in fear faces when riding this 

I feel that the belts are a good idea for transporting ITEMS but not the dupes. I feel the tube idea would fit well into the game since the game has a sort of goofy feel to it, but the Portal Gates would be a nice idea too. Also, the cable cars and such would be another incredible feature, though maybe make them worth a lot of 1.) Supplies. and 2.) Power. Otherwise everything I liked just kinda look at and try to connect the dots to some cool ****.

Archived