my new steam city(in prgress)

sorry I didn't take a sc of the starting biom but not much algae close off but a fair few seeds.07782CA1983EB40CB8C661BC2A6EFF4023A3E8DD then I looked and found and these plenty of water

its been over a week still no beds want them to be able to sleep at the construction site.

I'm going to need batteries for usage of equipment and production of air and stuff every base does. I'm goin to need water filtration and I'm going to need them to work together with their environment and have it almost perfectly efficient but that needs a lot of space and a lot of materials and I don't want it too close to my base especially my green house the heat will be intense.C7176E9617EC42F841387F561C963C814441B583AB183C48C017C95C7B14E7F56A234D20EACA5A9012F86398ABF258CFFE6EF0A63886249346C5EA24

there that's a good spot and I don't worried about contaminated oxygen at all.786F9F2EA82C2C28F26B8A58EFDF94135857A0CF

Research done and computers destroyed they just suck power and lower décor from now on.225275430BC8D0555BFB220BB39438B9EAA9D9E09B679A6AEC4FF8C147C7651534AB55851A99C2D31B9B75316C20825B307CF1603837BADBA401F808Operational but not finished

F02986ED3A1BACD51FFB84EF10C5D1A8324C36E2

I'm expecting lots of heat and pressure.

D4BCEDDCCC60CA0835F7C123B76283C929D46C0E

I'm  going to change the bottom out to a u pipe to block pressure instead of the doors and liquid pump. the water fresh yes fresh clean water comes out a silly high temperature for the amount of power I'm actually generating. the vents in the top are for Alchemical experiments.You know cloud seeding and stuff its just a built in option at the moment and I made sure the pipe count matched on them so the should get roughly equal pressure)

day 60 no sand eating water filter built yet but I haven't used much water the large tank is empty and I'm sending dupes to hit that little spot while I finish tweaking its pressure.

EDIT never did add the u bend works fine as is till needs differ

hasn't yet and I know its in alpha so worrying about glitches and loss of progress on builds means little for me till the game actually releases.

its just a part of the development process frustration from it seams misplaced

2 hours ago, Tamedwilds said:

I wonder if the game in its current states with things vanishing to the void... will leave you frustrated

Water vanishing made me stop playing, but they fixed it very soon.

It's a pre-alpha, and we love Klei. Two big reasons to forgive quite anything.

205CA572432C7310A1C7CF3CD1CA15E6F8DBA24B

Here's a shot with a really nice constant cloud

E6AC361C19E331A69B8A59FF0E2226EAC38096AC

and the cold air condencer I'm going to pump the cold air over to help condensation just so happens to turn contaminated air into clean air at the same time and if I pump some carbon in there I can gather liquid carbon

I tried running the water in pipes behind my batteries before dumping it into my steam room

The contaminated water stayed at a constant 40 C the entire trip through the pipes.

is that the same for you? is the water actually changing temp in the pipes as it passes behind the batteries?

I think it SHOULD work in theory, with them having insulated pipes that shouldn't take on heat and normal pipes that should, but I don't actually think that works atm.....

it should work in theory but so far dosn't actually much in small amounts maybe but on this scale even a 3-5 %gain from it is good the pipes are all igneous for the extra latent heat from the material itself was one of the reason I chose the area iron and igneous the extra coal and Algae where just extra resources

120 checkup

7AA4FC35A990E799558881C2F7222595DF54B912

that's loads of carbon but no one goes down there

8B8E287D84C9E501D3CA0EFC2C427F8A124D3967

Already had ideas and plans for the carbon issue when I saw this and had a rethink

DDB08C62B8E416B1495AD09579969298AA0F1C70

they are disable able and on the main switch for the facility so if the switch is hit it all shuts down 

I am on cycle 276 in my current game, and I found out about steam when the colony already was on overtime. I tried different types of prototypes, but they failed, and I ran out resources before I could fix them. I currently try to heat up water in magma, but had to save for the night before it started to heat up. I am curious about a few things about this type of steam generator:

• How do you power your current colony? Do you use just manual generators? Do the batteries drain much power on it's own?
  • How do you prevent the gas pump pumping out steam from the condenser room?
  • Without the gas pumps in the condenser room, would the vents be clogged up due to overpressure, or do steam pass through even though the room is filled with oxygen?
  • Wouldn't it be more efficient with the conditioners outside the condensing room? Perhaps in the steam house if you want to prevent them to heat up the surroundings?

Really interesting with the liquid CO2 and liquid Chlorine. The Chlorine gas has really bugged me, even though in the current build it's not worse than CO2. Being able to dump it in a reservoir would be much better than it floating freely around.

I have a back up 1 coal generator in this build and only 1 hydrogen generator(almost never operational)

the energy stats are one the last pic I posted the batteries themselves can be disconnected from the system to maintain a separate charge if I'm running the condenser

the condenser has (now not in that pic) a gas filter for cycling out the gasses I want to pump other places if I'm not pulling steam back out intentionally it stays in a closed loop cooling and adding to the cold for new mats coming in

the design of the condenser room is set up to basically let the pump and vent pressure match either way and a 1 wide hole is bad for gas travel hot going up or down has to fight with its own counter equivalent creating a natural pressure barrier and frozen or liquid products fall down the ladder shaft. left the ladders for temperature mitigation cant reach them from floor. steam will act like any other as till it condenses and yes would create an over  pressurization. the upper pump is to circulate the mix back to the cooling units  the other vent with its out put pressure lowered is meant  for syphoning off. Contaminated oxygen freezes then  drops frozen from the vent and melts again into clean air to be sucked by the lower pump.

need at least one of them in there to melt the ice oxygen I could lower the entire bottom assembly but I'm not getting heat from the ac effecting the upper chamber other than the small amount making it past all the ladders.

the condenser as a hole isn't perfect for any one process but is usable for several gasses in gas or liquid form is a great shop vac in a pinch as with my current filtering setup there is little waisted product even the liquid carbon,liquid chorine and liquid hydrogen are are separated and stored.

co2 is the easiest to get rid of with little waist as well a room with 2 scrubbers long and narrow cost of energy and water reclaimable water mind you. other then condensing it to a usable liquid state scrubbers are your best long term option

still haven't used any sand this run and only have 2 algae air producers not terrariums and they are sitting on empty have been for ages haven't mined for it intentionally since the start of the pressure cooker

most of the reason I'm not to worried about the sea of carbon under my base is its adding to the resident air pressure keeping my breathable gasses pressed in to my living areas. my  electrolysers are set up for pressure equalization not oxy production game environment generates oxygen. just most people get a fixation for the contaminated part. and waist huge amounts of energy a resources fighting it

in all its not that efficient for steam if there is any other medium in the condenser. the heat from the steam itself fights back in large amounts of time to cool. using it for contaminated oxygen and other gasses and pumping that cold air into a controlled area with steam is much more effective

A5EB49F8D8371E78939D6117FE632B1F2322497A

there now I have a separate condenser chain on a  secondary switch with a filter. now I can select a gas and was making another small change when it crashed out.  that happens especially when I'm paused and designing something complex. but I'm removing the lower left valve and adding another filter instead for a open/close in the cycle and to let the rest of the condenser operate  normally even if the super condenser is shut off or cooling something else.

Archived