Dedicated servers not working

so im trying to start a dedicated server. I downloaded the dedicated server tool and put the cluster token into  cluster settings like it told me to, yet when I launch it it it seems to work but I cant find it when I browse the servers in the actual game.

can someone help me out with this?

Hello @dlokoku, welcome to the forums. If the server window seem to be running properly but you can't access it through the client, the logical answer is that your client and the dedicated server tool are not in the same versions. If you're playing the anewreignbeta branch for the DST client, you should also activate the anewreignbeta branch for the Dedicated Server Tool. If the Dedicated Server Tool was activated without the anewreignbeta branch, then so should your DST client be opt'd out of the anewreignbeta branch.

If you're still unable to find it, in your next reply attach the server_log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YourServer\Master OR under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\YourServer\Master if that is where you placed your server files.

I hope that makes sense, cheers.

4 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @dlokoku, welcome to the forums. If the server window seem to be running properly but you can't access it through the client, the logical answer is that your client and the dedicated server tool are not in the same versions. If you're playing the anewreignbeta branch for the DST client, you should also activate the anewreignbeta branch for the Dedicated Server Tool. If the Dedicated Server Tool was activated without the anewreignbeta branch, then so should your DST client be opt'd out of the anewreignbeta branch.

If you're still unable to find it, in your next reply attach the server_log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\YourServer\Master OR under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\YourServer\Master if that is where you placed your server files.

I hope that makes sense, cheers.

thanks, I can see the server now! however, there is another problem now. 

I cant find the cluster.ini file!

Hello @mr0794, welcome to the forums.

You have to generate a new cluster_token.ini, and replace the one in your dedicated server folder. To generate a new token:

• Start DST and log in.
  • Open the console, usually by pressing ~ (the key to the left of 1).
  • Type "TheNet:GenerateClusterToken()" (without the quotations) and press enter.
  • Close DST and go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ or Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\ (if youre playing DST on the anewreignbeta branch)
  • Copy  cluster_token.ini
  • Paste it in your dedicated server folder. (i.e. Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\MyDediServer\cluster.ini or Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\MyDediServer\cluster.ini if you're running your server with anewreignbeta branch active)
  • Start up your dedicated server and open DST and play

If this still confuses you, I recommend following alainmcd's simplest and shortest method (i've seen) in the thread below to start up your own dedicated server: 

Archived