Usage of Liquid Carbon Dioxide

There is possibility to create liquid carbon dioxide from regular carbon dioxide(gas form). There is no usage for this yet(afaik).

I was wondering, what for should be this useful?

There is one theoretical thing, but really, i do not have enough time to build such stuff...basically you build cooling system to produce liquid carbon dioxide...then you drop it into a pit and put there some liquid or gas pipes...run some stuff through and you have some sort of "passive cooling system" but idk even if it works, the liquid carbon dioxide might and propably would heat up by time which means it transforms again into gas form. This needs math and calculations to get us know, if it is productive or neutral/recyclation or waste of resources/energy.

Some things came to my mind, for example:

Incubators / refrigerators -> food storage or usage in combination with some future features/buildings (idk lets say chem lab etc.)

pH control -> possible water purification?(scientifically not achieved, at least i have not found anything around internet or i was not searching properly)

Sorry for my bad english...i hope some other people join discussion for this thread or maybe write down their own ideas.

Well... it would be cool to create liquid carbon dioxide just for sience! But under normal pressure carbon dioxide sublimates from solid to gas at -78,5 °C. So - if its implementet - you need about 5x normal pressure (5.1 atm) to make liquid carbon dioxide at -56,6°C. (Maybe I should try to test this in my next play.)

Until now my only carbon dioxide cooling experiment produced dry ice (solid carbon dioxide).

In real life solid carbon dioxide is used for cooling (dry ice). Maybe we could use solid CO2 for Dry ice bomb for better mining...

1. Super critical liquid carbod dioxide can be used as organic solvent. So maybe if you get liquid carbod dioxide to a certain temperature it could dissolve slime and algae, then boil off the co2 and remain with a giant mass of slime and algae. Like an advance harvesting system or smth?

2. Be able to turn organics into coal and hydrogen, by burning (heating).

3. Making liquid oxygen from contaminated oxygen should result in coal + liquid oxygen.

Archived