[Game Update] - (BETA) 208993

19 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

They'll be winter's little inconvenience (not as inconvenient as perma glacier puddles but that's fixed now)

They are also actually good for the rotten eggs, since none really wants to let eggs rot in some chest over yander when I'm playing. With that, using a burnt forest *cough* and some nitre, some bit of gunpowder could be very useful. But hmm, I wonder what we could blow up with this other than the Dragonfly...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Histekia said:

The new skeleton is like a big baby dork, he does nothing, hurts no one and when he walks cave flowers etc blooom around him, but standing next to him drains a LOT of sanity and bunnyman AND CATCOONS attack him for no reason!
Also he looks like he is in a lot of pain (headache) and sometime loose some limbs that he has to put back when he walks?

By the way this is the right skeleton and it can only be revived at night!
poor baby

2017-03-04.png

You've just answered the question of the sanity drain.

6 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Really?!  A GENTLE GIANT?! *boots up game*

My lawn statue is gonna be my new best friend O__O... (hope the Houndius Shootius doesn't kill it O__O)

Not talking about gnomes, right? Please tell me there won't be gnomes.

6 hours ago, Histekia said:

also since it gives back ALL bones and its heart when it dies in the morning, you are able to buld it  everyday new, what gives you a good source for lightbulbs and lesser glowberries, good for lamp and mushroom lights

Gardens too?

6 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

The new friendly mob reminds me of Amaterasu, but the sun is really detrimental to its existence and it's falling apart faster than Baxter Stockman in "Insane in the Membrane".

Uh... You do know Amaterasu actually pulled off some really lewd jokes on the other members of the pantheon?

*stares at her skellies with morbid interest*

6 hours ago, Zephyr41k said:

So beautiful

ti7fFtnJugw.jpg

Shiiiny!

5 hours ago, Asparagus said:

OK... so wanted to set him free... I thought to myself, what place would a gentle and nature-loving spirit want to live in?

I say to myself, "The Forest of death and desolation"

Hide contents

Off to the lifeless forest... 

20170304145918_1.jpg

I named him Pokey... he was clumsy... he kinda took down 2 or 3 trees...

20170304150539_1.jpg

Oh no, Pokey @_@

20170304152042_1.jpg

They've been beating him up all night... His arm fell off @n@

20170304152036_1.jpg

I told him to run away @_@

20170304152102_1.jpg

Then... morning came...

20170304152120_1.jpg

All he wanted was to give life and mind his own business... :'(

20170304152131_1.jpg

I never thought I would feel this much for a mass of minerals ;-;

O__O

It was moving.

4 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Since when have merms been able to "eat"? O__O

20170304161911_1.jpg20170304161921_1.jpg

They eat vegetables and fruit. Put up bunnyman hutches around and watch the carnage.

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I wonder if the fourth stage of the merm evolution involves getting a glowing orange skin tone and golden wig-looking hair

The word evolution kind of clashes with the rest.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wilson could get on their good side if he just became a torch and pitchfork salesman.

Imagine: they can be organized mad mobs. arielcasual shrug.png

Yes! I want a merm army! Huttah!

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

They'll be winter's little inconvenience (not as inconvenient as perma glacier puddles but that's fixed now)

I always get gang-banged by them if I accidentally misclick. RIP...

57 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Has anyone tried to poison a merm with red mushrooms?

Would you like me to do it?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

Uh... You do know Amaterasu actually pulled off some really lewd jokes on the other members of the pantheon?

I was talking about the PlayStation 2 game Okami, which had Amaterasu as a main character. When she broke out into a sprint, a wide variety of flowers would bloom in her wake, similar to what this new mob does in Don't Starve Together. I wasn't referring to her at all as part of a pantheon.

But never fear, as the game was fairly obscure and didn't really sell all that well (Which is a crying shame, really), and now all is forgiven.

13 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Melted Mini Glaciers will now dry up in Summer or near a Campfire.
  • Fixed bug where Pengulls stopped spawning after the first year.

Great start! Now remove ice from all cooking recipes except Ice cream and Melonsicle and also make Koalefant main source of food during winter as it supposed to be.

9 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I wonder if the fourth stage of the merm evolution involves getting a glowing orange skin tone and golden wig-looking hair

Its intelligence would evolve too the highest level that the merm would be able to sustain itself with fishing rod and realize messing with the players is a waste of time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Zeruul
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Asparagus said:

Since when have merms been able to "eat"? O__O

20170304161911_1.jpg20170304161921_1.jpg

9 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Oh no, does that mean they're improving merm AI?

NEIN! NO MORE STARING CONTESTS!

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Does that mean the merms are starting to get similar sentience like Bunnymen?

9 hours ago, Asparagus said:

ARE MY DREAMS OF PIGS VS MERMS COMING TRUE?!! O__O

EDIT: you can't feed them btw... and all I've seen them eat is butterflies...

MERMS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EAT SINCE THEY CAME OUT PEOPLE!!!!!!!! DON'T YOU EVER LOOK ON THE WIKI!!!!!!

and for your information merms like to eat berries and carrots

EDIT: WOW I didn't realize someone else posted like the exact same thing earlier 

Edited by aukingiii
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Erec said:

Great start! Now remove ice from all cooking recipes except Ice cream and Melonsicle and also make Koalefant main source of food during winter as it supposed to be.

Don't mean to be rude but that's dumb

Now after Checking out the talk about Pengulls and Rotting eggs not stalking at all. I'm not 100% sure if anyone has thought of this, and it may sound like a death wish to some of you, I do believe there is a way to get rotten eggs at a super fast rate. Have you tried getting a large number of fresh eggs and then heading underground to the Toadstool, then waking him from his sleep to get him to do his gas cloud Farts  and then tossing the eggs into it? His gas cloud fart  can rot almost anything that can rot in seconds!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

Don't mean to be rude but that's dumb

Do you know what is dumb? Cheesing through winter with monster meat and ice only. You have Bundling Wrap now and you can easily preserve food with it , so what's wrong with that? Also there are so many ways to get meat in DS so getting rid of ice from some recipes wouldn't hurt so badly, besides how about honey nerf aswell? I play with my brother and we only eat honey now because honey gives you sanity (candy), health and hunger, also when winter strikes we have few fridges and bundled supplies full of honey.

Edited by Erec
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Now after Checking out the talk about Pengulls and Rotting eggs not stalking at all. I'm not 100% sure if anyone has thought of this, and it may sound like a death wish to some of you, I do believe there is a way to get rotten eggs at a super fast rate. Have you tried getting a large number of fresh eggs and then heading underground to the Toadstool, then waking him from his sleep to get him to do his gas cloud Farts  and then tossing the eggs into it? His gas cloud fart  can rot almost anything that can rot in seconds!

Yeah, I was thinking of that too! The thing is, doing that involves effort, where as pengulls just present you with free rotten eggs for you to pick up right off the get-go. Sometimes getting a bunch of meat to give to the bird in cage isn't all that easy, you know.

Psst... while we're on the subject of stalking, you're not a yandere by any chance are you...? :p

3 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Yeah, I was thinking of that too! The thing is, doing that involves effort, where as pengulls just present you with free rotten eggs for you to pick up right off the get-go. Sometimes getting a bunch of meat to give to the bird in cage isn't all that easy, you know.

Psst... while we're on the subject of stalking, you're not a yandere by any chance are you...? :p

Oh wouldn't you like to know?

35 minutes ago, Erec said:

Do you know what is dumb? Cheesing through winter with monster meat and ice only. You have Bundling Wrap now and you can easily preserve food with it , so what's wrong with that?

I find it kinda funny how you consider monster meat and ice cheesing (and I agree) but have no problems when it comes to using bundles to cheese the whole spoilage mechanic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

find it kinda funny how you consider monster meat and ice cheesing (and I agree) but have no problems when it comes to using bundles to cheese the whole spoilage mechanic.

Because Klei added it to the game?

Klei has a lot to balance right now, I complained about bundles being OP in different threads if you don't know, because it's more powerfull than Insulated Pack (that needs gears and thick fur), I just came to realization that if they don't change things I will roll with them and complain if I have occasion.

Edited by Erec
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Same thing can be said about ice though... or literally anything else in the game...

As I said, it's boring and makes winter trivial and they should change it, if they finally changed how Mini Glaciers work then they can go step farrer and change ice aswell. There is always place and time for improvement, you can agree on that one I suppose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Erec said:

As I said, it's boring and makes winter trivial and they should change it, if they finally changed how Mini Glaciers work then they can go step farrer and change ice aswell. There is always place and time for improvement, you can agree on that one I suppose.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I just wanted to point out how flawed that reasoning was. And not in a rude way either. I'm just being a bit of a smart aleck like I usually am.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I just wanted to point out how flawed that reasoning was

I can see that, what I meant is that there is a reason to change some things and balance them, maybe not like tomorrow but they should consider changing some of them. I hope I will see that after they will be done with ANR stuff.

37 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm just being a bit of a smart aleck like I usually am.

I will take note on that one.

• Like 1