[Game Update] - (BETA) 208993

Just now, Asparagus said:

Really?!  A GENTLE GIANT?! *boots up game*

My lawn statue is gonna be my new best friend O__O... (hope the Houndius Shootius doesn't kill it O__O)

also since it gives back ALL bones and its heart when it dies in the morning, you are able to buld it  everyday new, what gives you a good source for lightbulbs and lesser glowberries, good for lamp and mushroom lights

• Like 4

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

So basically the spirit of the forest like from Princess Mononoke?

OMG I wanted to write the same thing i swear! but then i thought people would be like "Ugh there is a weird anime person again"

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Histekia said:

The new skeleton is like a big baby dork, he does nothing, hurts no one and when he walks cave flowers etc blooom around him, but standing next to him drains a LOT of sanity and bunnyman AND CATCOONS attack him for no reason!
Also he looks like he is in a lot of pain (headache) and sometime loose some limbs that he has to put back when he walks?

By the way this is the right skeleton and it can only be revived at night!
poor baby

2017-03-04.png

10 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Really?!  A GENTLE GIANT?! *boots up game*

8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So basically the spirit of the forest like from Princess Mononoke?

6 minutes ago, Histekia said:

OMG I wanted to write the same thing i swear! but then i thought people would be like "Ugh there is a weird anime person again"

First thing that came to mind. Apophenia does that. :wilson_ecstatic: Reposting these quotes so I can screencap.

7 minutes ago, jantonio said:

you should like work your art magic. :>

ariel bad joke.pngSure thang.

• Like 1

OK... so wanted to set him free... I thought to myself, what place would a gentle and nature-loving spirit want to live in?

I say to myself, "The Forest of death and desolation"

Off to the lifeless forest... 

20170304145918_1.jpg

I named him Pokey... he was clumsy... he kinda took down 2 or 3 trees...

20170304150539_1.jpg

Oh no, Pokey @_@

20170304152042_1.jpg

They've been beating him up all night... His arm fell off @n@

20170304152036_1.jpg

I told him to run away @_@

20170304152102_1.jpg

Then... morning came...

20170304152120_1.jpg

All he wanted was to give life and mind his own business... :'(

20170304152131_1.jpg

I never thought I would feel this much for a mass of minerals ;-;

O__O

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Mermen eating is huge, but what do they consider edible? Looks like depth worm chewing, tbh.

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

Oh no, does that mean they're improving merm AI?

NEIN! NO MORE STARING CONTESTS!

1 hour ago, Asparagus said:

Since when have merms been able to "eat"? O__O

20170304161911_1.jpg20170304161921_1.jpg

Merms actually could always eat. They're just, surprisingly, vegeterians, and since veggie food never gets near them usually it's rare to find that out without reading about it.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Hey, @EuedeAdodooedoe. I think you'll be excited to finally see this.

@V2C knew how to not have a...

maxresdefault.jpg

Now to fulfil my end of the bargain:

forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/friendly-eyeplants-r3543/

Although this bug seems like a decently cool in a sense; it could become a tactic to kill the lureplant/harvest its meat by carefully feeding lureplants. I would suggest to honestly keep it at that, perhaps even incentivise the use of this mechanic if possible!

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
Bad Tom
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Merms actually could always eat. They're just, surprisingly, vegeterians, and since veggie food never gets near them usually it's rare to find that out without reading about it.

No wonder they're always in such a bad mood.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed bug where Pengulls stopped spawning after the first year

Actually, what can be pengulls used for in a late game? Because in my old world I didn't miss them at all, I had enough feathers and drumsticks from other birds and more that enough rotten eggs from the bird cage. I only use them in the first winter(s) to kill walruses or hounds, but other than that, not for much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see this bug fixed, I just don't know what will I do with the pengulls because I don't really need them. But it'll be definitely nice to see them again :) 

1 minute ago, fimmatek said:

Actually, what can be pengulls used for in a late game? Because in my old world I didn't miss them at all, I had enough feathers and drumsticks from other birds and more that enough rotten eggs from the bird cage. I only use them in the first winter(s) to kill walruses or hounds, but other than that, not for much.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see this bug fixed, I just don't know what will I do with the pengulls because I don't really need them. But it'll be definitely nice to see them again :) 

They'll be winter's little inconvenience (not as inconvenient as perma glacier puddles but that's fixed now)

• Like 9