Finding the Stagehand

I managed to come across a stagehand in my Reign of Giants world, but i didn't have any hammers and was using a lantern instead of a torch. Unfortunately I've completely forgotten where it is. When i went back to where I thought it was, it wasn't there. I even checked on my map but it seems there's no marker for it, unless there is one and I just haven't found it yet. Do stagehands despawn, or move around even when there isn't a light source nearby? Will there be another one somewhere or have I missed my only chance of getting an end table blueprint?

Heheh.  In my current game, the damn stagehand won't leave me alone!  I'm playing as (unnerfed) Willow, so I go out at night harvesting things by lighter-light fairly often.  It followed me home one night without my knowing until it was daytime, and ever since then it's been a semi-permanent part of camp decor!  Which is why it shows up in my screenshots so often lately.

I don't mind, except for when it freaks out a new person who didn't already know it was there.  This actually happened--I saw a new player notification at/near night and headed over to the portal to toss a couple logs on the firepit there so they wouldn't insta-die, (it also being winter)...and as soon as I turn around--the stagehand!  Now making a decoration for the portal area!  I didn't even notice until the other person said it made them jump out of their skin.  And, of course, since we went back to camp by lighter-light instead of waiting until morning, it followed me back home AGAIN.

At this point it's almost become some bizzarro version of Chester.  : P

Not sure how this helps you, except maybe you could scuttle around at night with a torch?  The creepy spidery-legged beastie loves to sneak after you if you do that.

...Notorious

Looks like we kinda think alike--I tend to make a firepit when I find the beefalo, for night shaving that will _also_ show up on the map later to show me where they are.  Actually in my current world, I spent most of the "hunter-gatherer" year leaving random firepits around wherever I happened to stop for the night, because I hadn't yet learned how to make anything else with rocks!  : P

It's not the worst practice.  I mean, you come through there way later on, it's getting dark/cold, and "Hey, free firepit!"  :D

EDIT:  Also, I absolutely adore your "NO ANTLIONS" icon, JimmyJam.  Ha!

...Notorious

12 hours ago, Deadbyte said:

c_gonext("stagehand") , rollback

I tried that and it said "attempt to call a nil value" and did nothing. i tried it without the rollback and it says "could not find any object matching 'stagehand' ". I'm thinking the stagehand has somehow vanished from my world.

4 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

I mean... You can always give yourself the blueprint I guess, if neither you or your console can find the table. 

c_give("endtable_blueprint") 

Tried this, it dropped a blueprint on the ground but I can't pick it up. Is my game bugged or something? Why aren't these commands working?

Just now, Shadowdragon said:

Tried this, it dropped a blueprint on the ground but I can't pick it up. Is my game bugged or something? Why aren't these commands working?

Try pressing ctrl before you write in a command, so the console has the word remote before it. 

1 minute ago, Kittydub said:

Try pressing ctrl before you write in a command, so the console has the word remote before it. 

Now it's working. i was pressing ctrl+v to paste the command into the game, didn't realize that would mess up being able to do the command. It's working now and I've found the stagehand (no where near I thought it was, turns out i was searching for it in completely the wrong place).

1 minute ago, Shadowdragon said:

Now it's working. i was pressing ctrl+v to paste the command into the game, didn't realize that would mess up being able to do the command. It's working now and I've found the stagehand (no where near I thought it was, turns out i was searching for it in completely the wrong place).

Congrats on finding it! Now you can fill your world with tables. 

Including the original table, which keeps BLOCKING MY DAMN DOORWAY.  : P  Seriously, the thing decided to park right in one of the openings to my wall in such a way that Chester and/or my cat kept getting stuck whenever they tried to follow me.  (Unless I walked in a weird direction to get them unstuck, _then_ they'd follow me.)  And then it parked itself in the middle of my tooth traps when the hounds came...

The modern base camp home:  Now with the ability to redecorate itself!  ;)

...Notorious

4 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Including the original table, which keeps BLOCKING MY DAMN DOORWAY.  : P  Seriously, the thing decided to park right in one of the openings to my wall in such a way that Chester and/or my cat kept getting stuck whenever they tried to follow me.  (Unless I walked in a weird direction to get them unstuck, _then_ they'd follow me.)  And then it parked itself in the middle of my tooth traps when the hounds came...

The modern base camp home:  Now with the ability to redecorate itself!  ;)

...Notorious

Can the table get hurt by traps?

Amusingly, no.  I think the Deerclops even tried walloping it for a bit before he changed over to my firepit instead.  : P  The stagehand appears to interact with traps the way you, your pet, and Chester do--aka not at all.

(Too bad the Deerclops didn't go into this EPIC BATTLE against the stagehand for like, the entire night--the Ultimate Smasher vs. The Unsmashable Object.  That would've been kind of amazing.  XD)

...Notorious

The stagehand... One of the few things that made me do a legit jump when it first approached me.

I was the first of the server find it, and nobody believed me when I said it started walking. Goodness, was I scared of that thing.

(Now I aggresively hammer it every time I pass by it as revenge for that spook that it gave me.)

Archived