Chlorine utilisation

Well... Why could we not use this useless gas to create bleachstone? It seems to be kind of unrealistically made of it, so it could have let be.

Also chlorine and hydrogen could be utilised in some sort of device - it gives a strong acid, good for... Good for what? Digging holes in the ground with no manual labour? Dissolving annoying dups? Definatelly not for drinking. And it is highly exothermic, so it could provide electric power!

Many polymers are made with hydrochloric acid, so it would be nice to see a machine that makes hydrogen, chlorine and coal (or other sources of carbon, like slime) into things like hazmat-suits that allow duplicants to stay in bad environments (like chlorine ;)) longer but remove some of their carrying capacity while equipped.

On 3/1/2017 at 6:42 AM, haschischtasche said:

Many polymers are made with hydrochloric acid, so it would be nice to see a machine that makes hydrogen, chlorine and coal (or other sources of carbon, like slime) into things like hazmat-suits that allow duplicants to stay in bad environments (like chlorine ;)) longer but remove some of their carrying capacity while equipped.

I would love to see a hazmat suit! It would have been crucial for my last colony by dramatically reducing the time it took to run a wire and a liquid pipe down to the bottom of a huge deep contaminated water pool and build a pump there.

So... A rubberworks/chemical station would produce rubber things, like hazmats out of chlorine, hydrogen and coal, maybe. I would like it. And it still requires output vents to be added to the electrolyzer.

Archived