[Game Update] - 208196

• Developer
  • dupes should no longer fall through the floor
  • capped max profession decor expectation
  • things marked for deconstruct should still be marked for deconstruct after save/load
  • fixed a bug where mass was being lost in pipes(Thanks @Risu)
  • fixed a bug where air locks wouldn't work properly until a dupe had walked through them once
  • fixed a bug where your save files were being marked as corrupt if your base name used unicode characters
  • fixed a crash when certain objects were loaded in the entombed state
  • fixed audio crash when an object that just hit the ground got destroyed

View full update

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, Full Metal Kirby said:

And one of the best fixes isn't even mentioned (unless it was just a byproduct of fix #3), quite a pleasant surprise. Closed Airlocks no longer act like they're open when you load the save, and instead block off gas/liquid like they should without needing to be used once first.

Said it would be fixed in here but probably forgot it on the list.

Well, chunks destroying while merging in pipes seem to be fixed, but it showed another previously maybe hidden by this - somehow, even when not pumping, liquid amount is still going down. When there is a space in pipe, pump will work for a moment and the liquid drops a bigger amount. This is steady a drop about 2 kg/s

20170227204636_1.jpg

20170227204637_1.jpg

20170227204633_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Well, chunks destroying while merging in pipes seem to be fixed, but it showed another previously maybe hidden by this - somehow, even when not pumping, liquid amount is still going down. When there is a space in pipe, pump will work for a moment and the liquid drops a bigger amount. This is steady a drop about 2 kg/s

20170227204636_1.jpg

20170227204637_1.jpg

20170227204633_1.jpg

Uhhh yep. there is no feedback for grabbing too much fluid.
Should be grabbing 10kg every packet but can't tell what it does if it overflows the storage.
Even so It doesn't appear to be telling the simulator that it grabbed too much.

1 minute ago, Risu said:

Uhhh yep. there is no feedback for grabbing too much fluid.
Should be grabbing 10kg every packet but can't tell what it does if it overflows the storage.
Even so It doesn't appear to be telling the simulator that it grabbed too much.

Bleh. Like... I know that a happy path is a thing but... seriously? I guess that one can be mitigated b having a loop back vent, but still.

Also another beauty - found a nice place to measure if there is a liquid loss on transit across a diagonal. I expected some, but not 75%. The amount of water in steps is negligible, 30-40g per tile.

20170227205346_1.jpg

20170227205347_1.jpg

20170227210615_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Also another beauty - found a nice place to measure if there is a liquid loss on transit across a diagonal. I expected some, but not 75%. The amount of water in steps is negligible, 30-40g per tile.

Not all of the water flows down, there's still some on the steps. You need to account for that too. Also check the water just above the two tiles you show in the first two images, because some of that may have come down as well (although it probably didn't).

Just now, PaulV said:

Not all of the water flows down, there's still some on the steps. You need to account for that too. Also check the water just above the two tiles you show in the first two images, because some of that may have come down as well (although it probably didn't).

I did, you just quoted it. Third sentence. 6 "steps" with water on them is max 240g . A bit less, because every one of them is <40g

1 minute ago, Vilda said:

Well, loopback vent did not help, I just watched a valve with only a vent back to the cistern happily suck in water and disappearing it into void.

Well, it's an improvement lol. Not sure how they'll go about fixing this since this is a problem
with having 2 different programs running at once and passing messages between the two.
Maybe have a buffer storage on the pump that exceeds the storage?
Like, storage capacity + pump rate. It should claim it's full at the storage capacity,
the buffer has the remaining amount, and it starts pumping again once the whole thing drops
below the storage capacity.

11 hours ago, Cheerio said:

fixed a bug where mass was being lost in pipes(Thanks @Risu)

so what exactly does this fix?

first of all, it only fixed water pipes, right?

and what does it fixed? water loss when pumping through valve, bridge, machine, vent, etc?

or it only fixed when water traveling through pipes, but it will still missing when you pump 10kg water through a 1kg machines?

but as long as it fixed the valve, i'm good with it :D

Edited by Zervo

3 minutes ago, Zervo said:

so what exactly does this fix?

first of all, it only fixed water pipes, right?

and what does it fixed? water loss when pumping through valve, bridge, machine, vent, etc?

only fixed when water traveling through pipes, but it will still missing when you pump 10kg water through a 1kg machines?

but as long as it fixed the valve, i'm good with it :D

Water loss from partial blobs attempting to merge, then tossing out the remainder.

• Like 1