Vilda

[Resource] Calories and where to get them

24 posts in this topic

IDK, that heat doesn't sound so bad. You could boil water or just stick it in insulated tile and keep it away from the rest of your base.

Otherwise, excellent guide. The presentation was spot on, with helpful pictures every step of the way.

Excellent guide: clear, concise, with images fitting in size with each other and above all else, fun!

While I can be precise in the math department, and kind of skillful with images, I totally lack any narrative qualities. Have you considered sharing your talent by helping with the wiki page? I gladly help you in anything if you could.

Oh, by the way a few notes:

6 hours ago, Vilda said:

Duplicant will eat 1000 kcal per cycle

It's intended that they burn 1000 kcal/day but (maybe) due to floating point issues, they burn a little more, thus making them seldom eat 1100~1200 kcal.

6 hours ago, Vilda said:

You need about 2.3 plants per Duplicant.

It's actually 2.2 in a perfect scenario (you harvest them right away, they never stiff and any previous mealwood don't rot.)

2 hours ago, Octyabr said:

helping with the wiki page

http://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/

This one? Might drop there sometime.

It's intended that they burn 1000 kcal/day but (maybe) due to floating point issues, they burn a little more, thus making them seldom eat 1100~1200 kcal.

Really, never noticed that, I'll update accordingly

It's actually 2.2 in a perfect scenario (you harvest them right away, they never stiff and any previous mealwood don't rot.)

Well, rounding up makes more sense here. Immediate harvest almost never happens, especially with more plants at the same time, and you want to go rather slightly over than to not have enough.

Edited by Vilda

Can only get Diarrhea if you have Iron Gut and the Cooking Station making 2 fried bars is a bug that nobody seems to care about.

Remember to point out that in current release, Bristle Blossom gives 2.8kg fertilizer back per 1 kg spent on initial growth if you let the fruits rot and don't store your foods.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Risu said:

Can only get Diarrhea if you have Iron Gut and the Cooking Station making 2 fried bars is a bug that nobody seems to care about.

Yeah, might as well leave a note of that. Last time I check it was marked Known Issue, but that is as ominous as it gets

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Remember to point out that in current release, Bristle Blossom gives 2.8kg fertilizer back per 1 kg spent on initial growth if you let the fruits rot and don't store your foods.

Planed for the planned section, want to try some "fridge" builds

Shouldn't they burn calories based on activity? Like running and digging should probably use more energy than building or delivering stuff. Research and cooking should probably use least amount.

1 hour ago, cpy said:

Shouldn't they burn calories based on activity? Like running and digging should probably use more energy than building or delivering stuff. Research and cooking should probably use least amount.

Realistically yes, game-wise they are using flat 1000 kcal/cycle. Mechanically it makes sense to simplify some things, but we shall se how it balances out in time.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Realistically yes, game-wise they are using flat 1000 kcal/cycle. Mechanically it makes sense to simplify some things, but we shall se how it balances out in time.

I guess right now we don't have that many thigns to worry about so i guess it might come later. When we get more power options and possibly stuff i can't even think of right now. We'll see.

Edited by cpy

Posted (edited)

Are the effects of diarrhea Interrupted Sleep at night (I keep seeing Dupes needing to hit the Outhouse) or does it cause 'accidents' that need to be cleaned up? 

Very useful guide, thank you!   I don't think I've ever actually seen an image of the Field Ration before lol  They look like creme (or chalk) filled crackers or ice cream bars.   I did not know that frying Mushbars keeps both bars, I thought it was 2 for 1 as well. 

Please keep updating this guide!

Edited by RKBKirin

18 minutes ago, RKBKirin said:

Are the effects of diarrhea Interrupted Sleep at night (I keep seeing Dupes needing to hit the Outhouse) or does it cause 'accidents' that need to be cleaned up?

Very useful guide, thank you!   I don't think I've ever actually seen an image of the Field Ration before lol  They look like creme (or chalk) filled crackers or ice cream bars.   I did not know that frying Mushbars keeps both bars, I thought it was 2 for 1 as well.

Please keep updating this guide!

It'll tell you in game if someone has it (which is very unlikely).

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, RKBKirin said:

According to Risu, you can't contract a Diarrhea now, unless you have a trait that protects you from it. Another case of switched true/false I guess.

For sleep waking, I don't know why, but if they need to empty their bladder and you have outhouses, they will wake up in the night to do it. They don't do that with lavatories.

I don't think I've ever actually seen an image of the Field Ration before lol

I purposely deconstructed ration box to look at them :)

I did not know that frying Mushbars keeps both bars, I thought it was 2 for 1 as well. 

It should make 1 according to every ingame description but it does two due some doubled up code.

Edited by Vilda
Clearing up

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, Vilda said:

According to Risu, you can't contract a Diarrhea now, unless you have a trait that protects you from it. Another case of switched true/false I guess. I don't know why, but if they need to empty their bladder and you have outhouses, they will wake up in the night to do it. They don't do that with lavatories.

string infectionSourceInfo = this.GetInfectionSourceInfo(disease);
DiseaseExposureInfo diseaseExposureInfo = new DiseaseExposureInfo(disease.Id, 1f, infectionSourceInfo);
bool trigger = true;
Edible edible = this.gameObject.GetComponent<Edible>();
if (edible != null)
{
	Traits traits = minion.GetComponent<Traits>();
	if (!traits.HasTrait("IronGut"))
	{
		trigger = false;
	}
	diseaseExposureInfo.exposureCount = edible.rationsConsumed;
}
if (trigger)
{
	minion.Trigger(GameHashes.ExposeToDisease, diseaseExposureInfo);
}

Gave some local variables descriptive names. (Also I didn't say that following quote.)

Edited by Risu

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

Gave some local variables descriptive names. (Also I didn't say that following quote.)

Hmm, that not in irongut check should not be there for it to work correctly.

I did not said you did. I'll edit a paragraph to make it clearer.

2 minutes ago, Begeesy said:

Anyone know if frying raises the freshness?

It makes a whole new item so yes.

2 minutes ago, Begeesy said:

Anyone know if frying raises the freshness?

Never checked that but my guess is a 100% freshness because it is a new product.

3 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Hmm, that not in irongut check should not be there for it to work correctly.

I did not said you did. I'll edit a paragraph to make it clearer.

temp.PNG

Oh. That you meant. Did not noticed that, how the hell did that happen :D I ll correct that.

Hmm, had double box, I probably quoted from your quote, honest oversight.

they eat 1000 calories on "until full". they burn 1000, almost. they become hungry at 50% which is 2000. they never reach 100% fullness because of this. 2000+1000 is 3000 (75%). until full only means they can eat multiple times 1000 daily but that wont happen only if they didnt eat before. thats why 1500 fills them 85% (3500 cal) and enough for 1.5 days. they only eat more/less if they find on floor, so if ration is 1000 they eat 1000 from 1500, next guy eats remaining 500. any different value may be because interruption. they dont even breath while eating in mess tables. they also poop daily and outhouse has priority, also wakes them. lavatory wont wake them so resets pooptime to morning

Updated for TU-211417

• chapter on spoiling storage and decor effects
  • various values changed to match latest build
  • TL;DR added