Shank 3?

_batgirl_98_

Hello KleiIf you remember me from twitter, you probably know that I love you and admire you. I used to send you feedbacks formerly but now I don't and I'm sorry. I beg for a Shank 3:Falcone returns since I finished Shank 2. Shank is my favourite caracter. Shank was the 1st game that made me love pc gaming.I love everything about that game: its story, its AWESOME soundtrack and its AMAZING 2D graphics. I fell in love with that game. And when I learned a Shank 2 was about to be released...man that was like the BEST day of my life. It was a great game, but not as the 1st Shank. I didn't like Shank's new voice and design.And as for the duration, well I was hoping that it would last longer than the 1st one. And I was dissapointed it didn't have a co-op campaign. But now I see that this is my fault. OUR fault. All of us, the impatient fans, were pushing Klei SO HARD to make a Shank 2. So, to satisfie us, they made the game as soon as they could. What Im trying to say is that if we had let them to make Shank 2 whenever they wanted, the game cpuld be better. So I let the future Shank 3 on their hands and I 'll trust them. So since then I shut up and wait. Because you have to wait for good things to happen ;)

• Like 2
  • Ninja 1
  • GL Happy 1

What would everybody be hoping for assuming Shank 3 would be created, anyway? Personally, I would hope that the controls be only slightly modified if at all from Shank 2, as I found the controls to be just about perfect. Very fluid and easy to grasp controls, not to mention being able to use various mechanics to your advantage even if it's not necessarily meant for it (Like dodging in mid-air for a second action, for example).
I would hope that the shotgun stays relatively similar, and still incredibly overpowered in every way, but from a design standpoint it'd probably be better to flesh out some of the other weapons some more, possibly a bit of balancing. As-is, the shotgun can decimate pretty much any enemy in the game all on it's own, whereas the pistols and throwing knives (although the throwing knives are fairly powerful) are useful on a select few enemies (though perhaps this was intended?). Corina's guns could gain a boost as well, assuming she made a return, as they're currently not very useful at killing enemies, comparative to her scythe and, to an extent, her sword. A more abundant selection of weapons could be a good idea, as long as they're all useful. Though in some cases, less weapons with more unique ways of using them is just as good of an idea.
Those are just things I'm hoping for. I kind of went on a bit of a rant, I apologize for that. I'm very passionate about Shank 2, and I would absolutely love a Shank 3.

• Developer

Glad to hear you all enjoyed the first couple of Shank games so much. Unfortunately no plans for a Shank 3 at this time, but many of us would love to revisit the franchise at some in the future.

• Like 4

Thanks for your consideration.  I'm a huge fan and have talked non-stop (for years) about how the Shank series were the best games ever made.  Everyone at my workplace knows what a huge fan I am, as of course do all my friends.

If you ever start a Kickstarter to add DLC to Shank 2 or even to begin developing a Shank 3, be sure to let us know so we can kick-in to support you guys.

Thank you for making Shank.  I can't even begin to express how much I idolize all of you for what you've done.

You guys are very talented, I loved your other games very much, but I've had more fun with Shank than with 99% of all other games I've played, and since it's a coop experience it was not just my :) I would really love more maps for Shank 2 survival and Shank 3 somewhere in the future, I hope you would find time and resources to do it! Good luck!

Hello Klei. You are very talented people. I believe shank series is the best indie games of all time. Trully gems. Fantastic art design, great music and fluid gameplay with great action (always i prefer action than boring stealth elements). Please sometime give to all of us shank 3, we are waiting a lot of time.. Thank you 

I’d love to see a shank 3 on this gen systems. Co-op campaign was slightly more fun than the co-op survival mode. But both games were great with awesome style. My gaming began in the 80s so I enjoy an occasional 2D side scroller more than most these days. Don’t break the formula. 

Klei doesn't care about what we want. They'd rather focus on Don't Starve. Making a Shank collection for current consoles as well as putting it back on PS3 and Xbox 360 would make many customers happy. But like I said before they don't care about us. And I'll be surprised if Klei actually gives a care at some point and give us what we want. What do we want a Shank Collection. When do we want it. Now. It's been 9 years since the release of the first game at this point. But once again they don't care. They never have cared and they never will care. So they can just put a sock in it at this point.

On 12/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, red_fire257 said:

Shank 2 update please Or...remastered 

I still hope that someday klei will give Shank some new content, thus reviving Shank's community ... I'm a Shank 2 fan! Survival is the bomb!

1596922777_1596574757093.png

Great art! Glad to see that Shank is still inspiring artist to this day, myself included lol.

3 hours ago, BeardedAkdov said:

Great art! Glad to see that Shank is still inspiring artist to this day, myself included lol.

oh, this art of Corina was drawn by my friend.
As a huge fan of the Shank series, I am also pleased that some people still remember and play Shank!

3 hours ago, BeardedAkdov said:

you can share your new creations from Shank, if any! :D

Я так люблю франшизу shank. s1,s2 прошли мимо меня, и я хотел бы с удовольствием сыграть часть 3. пожалуйста, отпустите 3-ю часть и, пожалуйста, не портите игру, например, 3D это будет совсем не то же самое. Больше конечно понравилась 1 часть.

20 hours ago, NeMoShank said:

Я так люблю франшизу shank. s1,s2 прошли мимо меня, и я хотел бы с удовольствием сыграть часть 3. пожалуйста, отпустите 3-ю часть и, пожалуйста, не портите игру, например, 3D это будет совсем не то же самое. Больше конечно понравилась 1 часть.

I believe that Shank 3 absolutely does not need a series. The story is over. The Klei have promoted Shank's story as much as they see fit. And I absolutely agree with them. It would be wiser to update the game or do a remaster Shank 2

• Health 1