Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Donke60

Donke's balloonmancer emporium

Should my joke idea be implemented into the game   33 members have voted

  1. 1. Should my joke idea be implemented into the game?

    • Yes, I like the op of balloon weapons,magic and such
    • Yes, but I would like them to be support items that affect others and not Wes himself (sinister fangs suggestion)
    • Yes, but I want these to be strong buffs so that Wes is on par with other characters (will be honestly balanced)
    • No I don't want this.
  2. 2. Can I be the cult leader of all things Wes?

    • Yes go you crazed fanboy LEAD US
    • GO DIE IN A FIRE YOU TROLL look at what you did!
  3. 3. and if a offical support is not possible would you like a mod team to handle this request


Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

90 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

No but I heard it's really hard to survive as him... unless you're a total master at the game ^^

Nope I find that a misconception if you you've played wendy without abagail and wolfgang you've basiclly played Wes cause he is those chars downfall smushed into one character
If you've played other characters yes Wes will be charring but practice is all that is needed
I have yet to make it a full season rotation or kill any season boss or explore caves and I'm still have fun with him (but that could just be me)
Every character deserves a chance right? (though Wes you might want to give three.)

 

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Mewthemew's 2oth birthday.png

I still think it's nice I would of choosen waffles too if I had done this  piece

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Nope I find that a misconception if you you've played wendy without abagail and wolfgang you've basiclly played Wes cause he is those chars downfall smushed into one character
If you've played other characters yes Wes will be charring but practice is all that is needed
I have yet to make it a full season rotation or kill any season boss or explore caves and I'm still have fun with him (but that could just be me)
Every character deserves a chance right? (though Wes you might want to give three.)

Well I'm a Wigfrid main so ofcoarse I would notice the downfalls more than the perks ^^; yet I can't even beat Adventure Mode (._. )

I still like Wes as a character, don't get me wrong (he's adorable in that Valentines comic ^_^ ) but he's a challenge to play as.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well I'm a Wigfrid main so ofcoarse I would notice the downfalls more than the perks ^^; yet I can't even beat Adventure Mode (._. )

Well ok If your a wigfied main playing wes is like taking 90 steps back till you land on the moon But I still hold my view it could just be my bias 
Use console if that is really the only reason holding you back I don't think people should be looked down on for using console commands for characters my time in experince in adventure mode was always unpleasent. even now I refuse to go back there though it is one of my goals to beat adventure mode as Wes.

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

but he's a challenge to play as.

I will not get into a discussion because I feel like I would derail this thread if I haven't already. but I will say this
He is the uncompromising in a UNCOMPROMISING WILDERNESS SURVIVAL GAME
Well atleast for me I guess that's why I never get tired of playing don't starve Wes keeps me entertained
But I am clearly from this thread not most people.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Donke60 said:

I have kept my ideas of what I think would make DS/T great in my eyes but no longer it is that I unveil what I believe to be the best thing ever since the creation of coffee.

Now be warned for the safety of the children I must put the following ideas in a spoiler for they are to great for the unprepared.
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Balloonmancy time to give Wes the powers of a balloon twister he deserves1

Balloon armor -25 sanity
durability 1 hit
on destruction causes 25 damage to self 
slows movement speed by 10%

Balloon helm
-15 sanity
sanity regain 1.a minute
durability 1 day  so 7 minutes
on destruction causes 6 points of damage to self

Balloon sword
-10 sanity
 damage 2 points
durability 50 swings

I think these would make great addition here and to make sure this gets exposure I'm calling EVERBODY

  Reveal hidden contents

I am ready for my warning points moderators
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Are you sure? I couldn't included everybody so if your not mentioned it's an over site HERE WE GO 
 

  Reveal hidden contents

@Bigfoot @nome @V2C @JoeW @Kevin @Cheerio @ImDaMisterL @Mr.P @EthanTheMime @MrDeepDarkmind @minespatch @MenaAthena @Paxtonnnn @NootNoot @Nimra @NoxuTheAutomaton @Quoth143 @LadyD @GiddyGuy @DwerBomb @Ecu @Tosh @AFatCat @CarlZalph @DarkXero @SuperDavid @Asparagus @DragonMage156 @Youknowwho @PiturcaClaudiuStef @rubidiumsart @CaptainChaotica @SuperPsiPower @Destros09 @Bebbit @halfrose @Starthefox@Mobbstar @BluesyBuesy @EuedeAdodooedoe @JimmyJam @JellyUltra @isthisworkingnow @DimWhat @jantonio @LordChicken @DarithD @Weirdobob @Mezukie @Neutral_Steve @Net Spectre @MeingroessterFan @Chris1488 @EdgyRick @Electroely @1v0 @t0panka @A Beardling @AnonymousKoala @DatShadowJK @WishIHadAFridge @Zeruul @Zillvr @Cyberboy2000 @LuxuryHeart @Maks123 @SkyCommision @toki-wartoothxx @Vargling @Ogrecakes @jbeetle @geni0529 @Maslak @TheTraditionalGentleman @Silvercide @tricksters @ExtollerOfTrolls @Pyromailmann @Someonestolemeberrys @Wilbur @gloryKAT @SirKnight @sirknightdude @Ninjanemo @Arlesienne @ScienceMachine @mewthemew @Ysulyan @Sporb @Ambarina @AlbertDelRiver @Adura @Ressayez @Zeklo @BarovSoap @JanH @TheKingDedede @LiptonPee @TooMuchHoneyHam[email protected]   it ran out


 

 

#ballonmancy #don't kill me #I love the commuity #I_like_hastags

 

 

I like some of your ideas, but I would tweak them and add more.

 

Why does a balloon helmet, that gives you sanity, take it away.  Take kind of sucks don't you think?  Balloon Armor that damages you when broken?  Doesn't that take the purpose away?

 

Here are my ideas:

- I like the balloon sanity idea, but no drop in sanity.  I also think it should gradually deflate so it won't hurt you, not unless an enemy pops it.  

- Set balloon traps with stuff in it, so it causes a lot more damage to enemies when they pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Donke60 said:

I have kept my ideas of what I think would make DS/T great in my eyes but no longer it is that I unveil what I believe to be the best thing ever since the creation of coffee.

Now be warned for the safety of the children I must put the following ideas in a spoiler for they are to great for the unprepared.
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Balloonmancy time to give Wes the powers of a balloon twister he deserves1

Balloon armor -25 sanity
durability 1 hit
on destruction causes 25 damage to self 
slows movement speed by 10%

Balloon helm
-15 sanity
sanity regain 1.a minute
durability 1 day  so 7 minutes
on destruction causes 6 points of damage to self

Balloon sword
-10 sanity
 damage 2 points
durability 50 swings

I think these would make great addition here and to make sure this gets exposure I'm calling EVERBODY

  Reveal hidden contents

I am ready for my warning points moderators
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Are you sure? I couldn't included everybody so if your not mentioned it's an over site HERE WE GO 
 

  Reveal hidden contents

@Bigfoot @nome @V2C @JoeW @Kevin @Cheerio @ImDaMisterL @Mr.P @EthanTheMime @MrDeepDarkmind @minespatch @MenaAthena @Paxtonnnn @NootNoot @Nimra @NoxuTheAutomaton @Quoth143 @LadyD @GiddyGuy @DwerBomb @Ecu @Tosh @AFatCat @CarlZalph @DarkXero @SuperDavid @Asparagus @DragonMage156 @Youknowwho @PiturcaClaudiuStef @rubidiumsart @CaptainChaotica @SuperPsiPower @Destros09 @Bebbit @halfrose @Starthefox@Mobbstar @BluesyBuesy @EuedeAdodooedoe @JimmyJam @JellyUltra @isthisworkingnow @DimWhat @jantonio @LordChicken @DarithD @Weirdobob @Mezukie @Neutral_Steve @Net Spectre @MeingroessterFan @Chris1488 @EdgyRick @Electroely @1v0 @t0panka @A Beardling @AnonymousKoala @DatShadowJK @WishIHadAFridge @Zeruul @Zillvr @Cyberboy2000 @LuxuryHeart @Maks123 @SkyCommision @toki-wartoothxx @Vargling @Ogrecakes @jbeetle @geni0529 @Maslak @TheTraditionalGentleman @Silvercide @tricksters @ExtollerOfTrolls @Pyromailmann @Someonestolemeberrys @Wilbur @gloryKAT @SirKnight @sirknightdude @Ninjanemo @Arlesienne @ScienceMachine @mewthemew @Ysulyan @Sporb @Ambarina @AlbertDelRiver @Adura @Ressayez @Zeklo @BarovSoap @JanH @TheKingDedede @LiptonPee @TooMuchHoneyHam[email protected]   it ran out


 

 

#ballonmancy #don't kill me #I love the commuity #I_like_hastags

 

 

I like some of your ideas, but I would tweak them and add more.

 

Why does a balloon helmet, that gives you sanity, take it away.  Take kind of sucks don't you think?  Balloon Armor that damages you when broken?  Doesn't that take the purpose away?

 

Here are my ideas:

- I like the balloon sanity idea, but no drop in sanity.  I also think it should gradually deflate so it won't hurt you, not unless an enemy pops it.  

- Set balloon traps with stuff in it, so it causes a lot more damage to enemies when they pop.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Donke60 said:

I have kept my ideas of what I think would make DS/T great in my eyes but no longer it is that I unveil what I believe to be the best thing ever since the creation of coffee.

Now be warned for the safety of the children I must put the following ideas in a spoiler for they are to great for the unprepared.
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Balloonmancy time to give Wes the powers of a balloon twister he deserves1

Balloon armor -25 sanity
durability 1 hit
on destruction causes 25 damage to self 
slows movement speed by 10%

Balloon helm
-15 sanity
sanity regain 1.a minute
durability 1 day  so 7 minutes
on destruction causes 6 points of damage to self

Balloon sword
-10 sanity
 damage 2 points
durability 50 swings

I think these would make great addition here and to make sure this gets exposure I'm calling EVERBODY

  Reveal hidden contents

I am ready for my warning points moderators
 

  Reveal hidden contents

Are you sure? I couldn't included everybody so if your not mentioned it's an over site HERE WE GO 
 

  Reveal hidden contents

@Bigfoot @nome @V2C @JoeW @Kevin @Cheerio @ImDaMisterL @Mr.P @EthanTheMime @MrDeepDarkmind @minespatch @MenaAthena @Paxtonnnn @NootNoot @Nimra @NoxuTheAutomaton @Quoth143 @LadyD @GiddyGuy @DwerBomb @Ecu @Tosh @AFatCat @CarlZalph @DarkXero @SuperDavid @Asparagus @DragonMage156 @Youknowwho @PiturcaClaudiuStef @rubidiumsart @CaptainChaotica @SuperPsiPower @Destros09 @Bebbit @halfrose @Starthefox@Mobbstar @BluesyBuesy @EuedeAdodooedoe @JimmyJam @JellyUltra @isthisworkingnow @DimWhat @jantonio @LordChicken @DarithD @Weirdobob @Mezukie @Neutral_Steve @Net Spectre @MeingroessterFan @Chris1488 @EdgyRick @Electroely @1v0 @t0panka @A Beardling @AnonymousKoala @DatShadowJK @WishIHadAFridge @Zeruul @Zillvr @Cyberboy2000 @LuxuryHeart @Maks123 @SkyCommision @toki-wartoothxx @Vargling @Ogrecakes @jbeetle @geni0529 @Maslak @TheTraditionalGentleman @Silvercide @tricksters @ExtollerOfTrolls @Pyromailmann @Someonestolemeberrys @Wilbur @gloryKAT @SirKnight @sirknightdude @Ninjanemo @Arlesienne @ScienceMachine @mewthemew @Ysulyan @Sporb @Ambarina @AlbertDelRiver @Adura @Ressayez @Zeklo @BarovSoap @JanH @TheKingDedede @LiptonPee @TooMuchHoneyHam[email protected]   it ran out


 

 

#ballonmancy #don't kill me #I love the commuity #I_like_hastags

 

 

I like some of your ideas, but I would tweak them and add more.

 

Why does a balloon helmet, that gives you sanity, take it away.  Take kind of sucks don't you think?  Balloon Armor that damages you when broken?  Doesn't that take the purpose away?

 

Here are my ideas:

- I like the balloon sanity idea, but no drop in sanity.  I also think it should gradually deflate so it won't hurt you, not unless an enemy pops it.  

- Set balloon traps with stuff in it, so it causes a lot more damage to enemies when they pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Use console if that is really the only reason holding you back

I don't even know how to use console normally XD But I'm not too crazy about beating Adventure Mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

I'm working very hard not to say something I'm literally itching to say that I can't outside LOOD NO MENAS ALLOWED. Congratulations.

I'm wondering what you wanted to say... :^)

To stay on the topic, I suggest Balloon items not having any effects (until they pop and kill the wearer) except of emitting annoying balloon-rubbing sound.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

 

@ImDaMisterL, escort this chucklehead and their thread to the correct place

 

Oh yeah I guess this has become a suggestion with how much attention it has gotten
 

 

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I don't even know how to use console normally XD But I'm not too crazy about beating Adventure Mode.

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Commands

if the command is too diffcult copy and past just make sure the text line is in the command bar if that makes sense

3 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

I like some of your ideas, but I would tweak them and add more.

 

Well of course the OP was a joke at first
it is often common to joke that Wes balloons have to have a insane amount of prep time and even if they work the amount of time wasted renders the whole thing redundant or worse
 

so that is what the OP reflects why do any of this if all of it is redundat or puts you in a worse posistion. Well I said it before
also Wes's balloons have friendly fire.

BECAUSE YOU CAN!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

6 hours ago, PanAzej said:

I suggest Balloon items not having any effects (until they pop and kill the wearer) except of emitting annoying balloon-rubbing sound.

Ok I found a better way to say this so i'm editing this post in its entirety

This is what I want I want something simliar to what wes has now he can have other items where there cost is higher then their benefit like the balloons However I still want them to be in a spot of if you really want to you could use them and with some time and thinking they could be useful and I do like your idea of him taking damage from certain things he makes like the balloon armor and because of that maybe it could be slightly more useful. ever so

This is what @Sinister_Fang suggested of his balloons only helping allies and not the Wes player that way he stays hard however he helps people so when a Wes does join the game the rest of the team doesn't have to act like they were given a ball in chain and kick the player which is understandable

And some players want this to happen but with his new powers keeping him on par with the group he would perhaps lose his status as a hard mode character but I can understand this because their isn't really room for a char that just hurts you and others in a cooperative game.
@PanAzej I tagged you again because this is a completely different post now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe you genuinely took time to mention almost every single person in the klei forums in this thread.

 

I don't think this should be implemented, wes is already over-powered, I think he needs a nerf over wigfrid/wolfgang/wickerbottom.

wes is bes.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

can't believe you genuinely took time to mention almost every single person in the klei forums in this thread.

 

Oh No I could of gone a lot longer but I don't have a deathwish I haven't even gone over members in the archives you don't explore much of the forums if you think this is everyone I still missed some pretty big names too

3 hours ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

I don't think this should be implemented, wes is already over-powered, I think he needs a nerf over wigfrid/wolfgang/wickerbottom.

Why I would laugh with you at any other time I have to take this seriously and ask you do the same.

 

3 hours ago, AlbertDelRiver said:

wes is bes.

Yes he is
 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Electroely said:

What even is going on in this thread

Magic~ And awesome Wes development.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Electroely said:

What even is going on in this thread

Balloonmancy
a dream
and a man obsessed with power
I mean do you even Wes bro? do you do the woodlegs Do you walnini(i guess thats just surfing) Do you even use proper names as verbs cause I do and makes no frickin sense.

 

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Magic~ And awesome Wes development.

Yes quite if I don't here anything from kiel after a week I will hand the idea over to mod teams
and see if I can be Wes cult leader right now the polls say yes.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything honestly, his balloons should have a small AoE sanity boost when he makes them.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EthanTheMime said:

If anything honestly, his balloons should have a small AoE sanity boost when he makes them.

 

Yes I saw that idea float around a long ago that was a support suggestion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well didn't hear anything for a week so 
Modders get busy have fun 

and survey says I get to be cult leader of the Wes
ALL BOW BEFORE HIS SILENCE
(can I have a gif of Bee hat Wes with subjects)
anyway atleast nome liked the post
that warms my heart among other places hue hue

and it also looks like the top suggestions were mine and @Sinister_Fang's neat
well that does it for the update.
 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Destros09 said:

 

IMG_1606.GIF

 

What is that from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Donke60 said:

What is that from?

IMG_1609.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buff Wes. He should have 1.01x movement speed to show that he is lighter than air.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites