Creating/Using Translation Files [Updated August 22nd, 2017]

23 hours ago, timikx said:

If you want to fast get rid of the wrapping (splitted lines) you can do it with some text editor that can locate special symbols like end of paragraph, you can in bulk unwrap all lines.

I did it in MS Word like this:

a) First make copy of the translated file (strings.po), then open the copied file in Notepad and delete first several lines until the line that starts with the hashtag symbol - # (in my file it with 15 lines), Then save it and open this file in MS Word (without this step MS Word is not Able to open the file)
b) use replace function and insert these 4 symbols in the Find box: "^p" (^p = end of paragraph in MS Word) and to the Replace box type nothing and that click Replace All, save it and close MS Word.
c) open the original file in Notepad, copy to the clipboad first several lines you deleted in step a), open the copied file in Notepad and paste these lines at the begining of the copied file and save it.

Now you have fully unwrapped file that will work in the game.

It's possible to do it easily with Notepad++.

1. Open the file on Notepad++
  2. Press CTRL+H to open the search and replace window
  3. In the "search mode" choose "extended (\n, \r, \t, \0, \x...)"
  4. In the "search" form write: \\n"\n"
  5. In the "replace" form write: \\n
  6. Press "replace all"

Don't forget you will also need to do something similar to the "msgstr """

1. In the "search" form write: msgstr ""\n"
  2. In the "replace" form write: msgstr "
  3. Press "replace all"

Just a reminder that I'm going from what I remember the errors to be in the translated .po file.

@Cheerio As you can see in the screenshot, it doesn't work everywhere and where it does the font is too different from the original.

20170302161513_1.jpg

Edited by PauloBelato
answer

• Developer
21 minutes ago, PauloBelato said:

It's possible to do it easily with Notepad++.

1. Open the file on Notepad++
  2. Press CTRL+H to open the search and replace window
  3. In the "search mode" choose "extended (\n, \r, \t, \0, \x...)"
  4. In the "search" form write: \\n"\n"
  5. In the "replace" form write: \\n
  6. Press "replace all"

Don't forget you will also need to do something similar to the "msgstr """

1. In the "search" form write: msgstr ""\n"
  2. In the "replace" form write: msgstr "
  3. Press "replace all"

Just a reminder that I'm going from what I remember the errors to be in the translated .po file.

@Cheerio As you can see in the screenshot, it doesn't work everywhere and where it does the font is too different from the original.

20170302161513_1.jpg

Could you post this in the bug tracker with a link to your translation please?

Polish translate: ~50%

Widziałem niektóre spolszczenia np. Kwiuka (jeśli złe napisałem to przepraszam) i widziałem, ze jest tam wiele błędów gramatycznych oraz niektóre zdania nie mają w ogóle sensu. (Jest to publiczny projekt, a Polacy to lubią tłumacz Google)

Moje tłumaczenie jest robione przy przyjacielskiej pomocy Filologa Języka Angielskiego, więc jest to sprawdzone źródło.

Dla waszego marnego wysiłku radziłbym zaprzestanie prac, ponieważ moje tłumaczenie idzie jak burza i nie dogonicie mnie w swoim tempie.

Start: 28.02.2017

Now: ~50% 

1 hour ago, OgarnamGry said:

Polish translate: ~50%

Widziałem niektóre spolszczenia np. Kwiuka (jeśli złe napisałem to przepraszam) i widziałem, ze jest tam wiele błędów gramatycznych oraz niektóre zdania nie mają w ogóle sensu. (Jest to publiczny projekt, a Polacy to lubią tłumacz Google)

Moje tłumaczenie jest robione przy przyjacielskiej pomocy Filologa Języka Angielskiego, więc jest to sprawdzone źródło.

Dla waszego marnego wysiłku radziłbym zaprzestanie prac, ponieważ moje tłumaczenie idzie jak burza i nie dogonicie mnie w swoim tempie.

Start: 28.02.2017

Now: ~50% 

To nie jest żaden wyścig szczurów, więc oszczędź sobie takie teksty. Tylko ośmieszasz Polaków na tle innych narodowości... Robisz to rób i pokaż efekty, a nie przechwalaj się. Tłumaczeń jak mówisz więcej nie ma, przynajmniej publicznych ... a nad tym pracuj sam wracając i poprawiając, paręnaście linijek poprawiły inne osoby. Raczej studiów do tego nie trzeba a obeznania w grach by zachować klimat... I wybacz ale mając pracę, rodzinę i własne zajęcia to i tak idzie nieźle bo w tydzień ponad 40 % skoro gra zawiera błędy to polska wersja językowa też może je zawierać w wersji cały czas edytowanej. Z miłą chęcią usiadł bym przy kawie i pograł w polską wersję, a nie od tygodnia pracował nad tym by jaka kolwiek była, mając otwarty na raz Google translator, słownik angielsko polski, stronę z synonimami oraz parę stron z slangiem. Przy okazji edytujac 15 tys linijek, które poedit zniszczył. 

Edited by Kiwiutek

On 3/3/2017 at 6:19 AM, ImDaMisterL said:

Don't worry, @Vistavie, Klei is working on adding full font support!

Welcome to the forums :D

Is there in plans to add in future  narrow font for Russian language localization like original one, for example one of similar from google fonts, which are free to use?

As current one if awful in sense nothing will fit with it :( it also bigger. Additionally most Russian words mostly more long then English ones.

Thank you in advance! :)

Hey!

I've started translating to Hungarian (10% at the moment).

(I'm not an owner of ONI, but maybe someday... If I get it, it will be easier to update this translation even if I work from the file linked from the first page of this thread which might be outdated.)

So, I came across this one:

No muss, no fuss.
This toilet is highly functional and (almost) always clean.

Now this rhyming wordplay would translate wonderfully if I could use the equivalent of "****" in Hungarian. Is that okay or too sweary? What about "sh*t"?

Nincs sz*r, nincs baj.
Ez a vécé nagyon hatékony, és (majdnem) mindig tiszta.

EDIT: Okay, even the forum censors it, so my first question is answered :D

Edited by KGello

• Developer
9 hours ago, O.n.y said:

Is there in plans to add in future  narrow font for Russian language localization like original one, for example one of similar from google fonts, which are free to use?

As current one if awful in sense nothing will fit with it :( it also bigger. Additionally most Russian words mostly more long then English ones.

Thank you in advance! :)

Sorry, but I'm not sure since I don't work at Klei, but it's a possibility!

• Like 2

Es gibt ein problem mit den schritt

Using a Translation File

1. Download a translation file.
  2. Rename it to "strings.po" if need be.
  3. Open the Oxygen Not Included folder by right clicking on Oxygen Not Included in Steam, going to the Local Files tab and clicking Browse Local Files.
  4. Open the mods folder which is located in "OxygenNotIncluded_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods"
  5. Copy the "strings.po" file into that folder.

jeder der das so macht, hat wieder eine englische datei, ist leider ein bug mann muss die datei in Poedit öffnen und sie dann in 

strings.po Speichern dann funktioniert es

Englisch: 

Anyone who does this makes an English file again, unfortunately, a bug man must open the file in Poedit and then open it in Strings.po Save then it works

Edited by ener156