Any Plans to Merge Shipwrecked with Together?

• Developer
Just now, thistownneedsguns said:

imo shipwrecked has a lot of overpowered items when you play them in together.. they are fine in solo. 

We'll balance things properly thanks to our own playtesters and community feedback as well, don't worry.

By principle this would be nearly impossible. The starting island is very small, compared to the entire world the player can explore with free reign in the normal version. The resources are very sparse on this island, only capable of supporting a few rafts. The flint is also a huge issue. As we all know, flint is essential to basic survival. Flint would get all taken from the starting island within seconds, making rafts and even campfires impossible. After one or two players simply gathering resources, the island would be that only Woodlegs would be able to even leave.

Basically, shipwrecked is a hard mode geared around scarce resources, the bane of multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Ave_Imperium said:

Will Klei bring SW from DS to DST someday?

Maybe next time you could actually look through a thread for the answer you want instead of repeating the same exact thing the OP asked for. That very question was already answered multiple times on the first page alone. There wasn't much need to necro a thread that was nearly a month old from it's last post...

26 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Maybe next time you could actually look through a thread for the answer you want instead of repeating the same exact thing the OP asked for. That very question was already answered multiple times on the first page alone. There wasn't much need to necro a thread that was nearly a month old from it's last post...

It was merged, pal.

7 hours ago, Endrew said:

By principle this would be nearly impossible. The starting island is very small, compared to the entire world the player can explore with free reign in the normal version. The resources are very sparse on this island, only capable of supporting a few rafts. The flint is also a huge issue. As we all know, flint is essential to basic survival. Flint would get all taken from the starting island within seconds, making rafts and even campfires impossible. After one or two players simply gathering resources, the island would be that only Woodlegs would be able to even leave.

Basically, shipwrecked is a hard mode geared around scarce resources, the bane of multiplayer.

You're assuming that it would be a direct port with no changes, though. Fixing this is as simple as spawning a "wrecked boat" on the starting island when a new player joins in, that has just enough resources for a raft and a bit of flint.

39 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

There really should be some mention of when a post is merged similar to how it shows if a post was edited. Could clear up some confusions like this. Oh well.

Yes, it's not clear, it would be better to know.

The purpose is to avoid having too much topic about porting SW, since the answer is always the same for the moment.

6 hours ago, Endrew said:

If Klei port SW a day, or if the mod Island Adventures come a day, i don't want it to be a copy/paste of SW, especially since some things don't work in SW for me.

Especially, i don't want a small starting area. What i would like, and what is planned for Island Adventure as far as i know is keeping a big starting main continent, and having ocean and islands around it. This solve the problem of multiples players starting on the same area, there would be enough to explore and to gather. This also solve the boringness i feel having to go on an island, gather 3 resources, taking hours fiding another island, gather 3 resources and so on...

With a SW port/mod, you could make bigger islands or make them more interesting. You don't have to keep exactly the same rules than SW, especially when theses rules in fact don't work well (at least for me).

• Developer
9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

There really should be some mention of when a post is merged similar to how it shows if a post was edited. Could clear up some confusions like this. Oh well.

I'll start editing the posts I merge with a "THESE POSTS AND THE ONES BELOW WERE MERGED" message.

Archived