Blocking cave sink holes back up.

49 minutes ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

Dangit.

Anyhoo, Yes, I like this. This ougtha stop the annoying bat attacks when someone decided that it would be smart to unplug the thing.

how do you discover fast travel then? how do you find closest entrance to ruins or other stuff like large lightbulb field? how do you get early lantern then?

ontop: what will happen to boulder when you open from the inside - will it break like plugs or move or you won't be able to use those exits?

3 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

how do you discover fast travel then? how do you find closest entrance to ruins or other stuff like large lightbulb field? how do you get early lantern then?

ontop: what will happen to boulder when you open from the inside - will it break like plugs or move or you won't be able to use those exits?

you could just smash the boulder down again

I dunno about everybody else in this thread, but I don't want to go around plugging up EVERY opened sinkhole--just the one right next to base!  : P  I've taken to passing up perfectly nice-looking potential set-up spots simply because there was a sinkhole within range...and this being a public game, you can never fully trust EVERYbody to have sense ALL the time.  (Or to care about what bugs others or not.)

Seriously, you can have all the other sinkholes you want open to find cool stuff, explore the ruins, whatever just DON'T open the one on our doorstep, if there is one?  ktnxbai.  And if someone inevitably DOES...yeah. Why not be able to plug up that particular hole with boulders?  "What if somebody closes up ALL of them?" you might ask, well...one can always slowly, laboriously carry them away again!  (Uh...the boulders, not the person. Although I can see how that might be tempting.) 

Basically, it could be plugged or unplugged with effort, on purpose...but won't just open or close by itself, or with just one quick easy click of a mouse.  (Not counting the _original_ mining-open, of course.)  You wanna grief by annoyance rather than direct destruction?  You gotta take some time...and hopefully, somebody will walk by and see you lurching at snail speed with a giant rock on your back, right next to the cave entrance, before you're finished.

I really don't see a downside. :D

...Notorious

Archived