Hand sanitizer produce Chlorine? How to deal with it?

So I built a Hand sanitizer. But I found out it generated some Chlorine gas. It gets more and more and flows to some part of my base. Tried to use pump to pump them out of the base. But It didn't work since the gas pressure will eventually drive them back. Any helps?

11 minutes ago, Feng89 said:
So I built a Hand sanitizer. But I found out it generated some Chlorine gas. It gets more and more and flows to some part of my base. Tried to use pump to pump them out of the base. But It didn't work since the gas pressure will eventually drive them back. Any helps?

actually I think chlorine gas isnt really serious right now, I think it doesnt even harm your dupes yet, because according to other people dont worry about just yet because it doesnt do anything, I would just let it flow or box it up in a room and send a dupe in there to see if will harm him, im pretty sure it wont

2 hours ago, Falcahtas said:

Can you turn it into ice by sending into a room full of incredibly cold gas?

You can do this with CO2, not sure about chlorine though.

Quite certain they would dislike -100.98 C more than a little poisonous gas.

56 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Just put the hand-sanitizer under CO2.  I've not had issues with it producing chlorine gas...Are you sure that it does or is it from to the chlorine ore that you stored near it?

The bleach stone still emits chlorine while in storage and yes you can turn it off by having 1.8 kg of mass around it.

Wonder if turning on "disableOnStore" will turn emitter off as well. Most of the buildings have that enabled.
I assume it's being used to prevent dupes from grabbing the items for use somewhere else.

20 hours ago, Risu said:

Quite certain they would dislike -100.98 C more than a little poisonous gas.

Well no one would feel it as it would be locked in a prison of insulated tiles. I didn't mean putting the hand santizier inside a cold room

A room filled with chlorine can turn into a small chunk of chlorine pretty easily.

I created a storage room for chlorine. It floats above carbon dioxide so you need to place your air pumps at the right height.

chlorine.jpg

Here's the pipeline for my setup. It looks like this when there is no more chlorine to get rid of (or if chlorine is below the pumps).

chlorine2.jpg

14 hours ago, ShamPeiN said:

i use in a 4x5 box with 2 floating doors, high priority bleachstone storage inside, maybe pot and 2 pictures

digging causes dirty hands, 1-2 dig only or 4-5 dig/build only usually enough

now showers also clean it

Showers clean dirty hands ? Maybe not worth the Hand Sanitizer then !? Although I know Showers are not efficient...

26 minutes ago, PickPay said:

Showers clean dirty hands ? Maybe not worth the Hand Sanitizer then !? Although I know Showers are not efficient...

They remove "Dirty Hands" and "Grimy" for whoever finishes the chore, which may not be the one who started it.

Archived