Moderator Recommendation thread!

Sudura2017

Recommend people you think would be a good moderator!

This stems from way back before when I suggested L to be a moderator, and now look at the little guy! @ImDaMisterL

So, tag people you think could be a good moderator!

The only thing I think is, some people may be helpful but not "moderator material" in a way. It'll make sense when you know them.

First off, my recommendations:

@TheKingDedede for being helpful and a genuinely great guy, but not without a sense of humour ;)

@ImDaMisterL cus he owes me, don't you L <3

And maybe, @CarlZalph though I don't know you well, you seemed nice enough and never seemed to do wrong "Just because" - Like the time I asked you to decompile a dyn file and you refused :p Damn you, Carl! + A lot of people I know like to recommend you.

Post your recommendations in the comments!

I recommend Weirdo Bobby 4 murdernator @Mr.P simply because he's a good admin on all servers (games, discord, etc.) he has ever hosted and always keeps a good climate by gently nudging people back in line if things start going awry. Maybe not for the forums though, he doesn't check in very often I think.

13-year-old me would like to be put in the runnings -

Secondly, thank you for the complement.  However, I'm not too sure about being granted even slight moderating abilities.  A large portion of the community agreed I probably wouldn't do so good as one, and as I stated above, I can be rather quick to judge (and often end up regretting it afterwards).  While there are many who I would recommend for such a position, and whom would probably do better, the choice is up to you, and if the responsibility does fall to me, I will try my best to change.

JoeW -

Come on, you think I would be dumb enough to give you even a little bit of moderation power??   LOL

• Developer
6 hours ago, Mr.P said:

I may not speak up much but I'm always watching ahaha.

JoeW liked this. New mod confirmt??!?!?!!!!??!?!?!

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Also, is there some kind of checklist or rules or requirements for becoming a moderator?

Hop three times while holding an apple in a full moon night. 60% of the time it works. Everytime.

You know, I personally believe @Bebbit would make a great moderator for a number of reasons. First and foremost, he would be a very active and responsible moderator and the last person to ever even possibly consider accepting bribes of any amount and for any reason at all whatsoever. Secondly, his very high activity and presence in these forums is something anyone can vouch for. With over ten posts and three likes, at least four users on the forums can safely say that @Bebbit is not an experimental Google AI and he sort of exists. Don't you all want a mod that sort of exists? I know I do! Thirdly, he always wears a belt to school or something, whatever.

So everyone, quit your nonsense and vote for @Bebbit to be moderator 2017! He will not accept bribes and he knows how to count to 49 without starting over! I believe that with his guidance, we can reimplement the dating and miscellaneous romance features of the site and make the Klei Entertainment Forums great again!

please clap.

In all seriousness, I think @minespatch would do well with the role. A very active and friendly dude like him would bring fear into the hearts of wrongdoers and make a nice addition to the team. Besides, everyone can benefit from another person to help with that neverending torrent of threads that were misplaced in the Oxygen Not Included section.

3 hours ago, Bebbit said:

In all seriousness, I think @minespatch would do well with the role. A very active and friendly dude like him would bring fear into the hearts of wrongdoers and make a nice addition to the team

killing with kindness well Idk @Mezukie and @MenaAthena can do that as well why don't you do it to the one guy who just pops into say move the thread I could you a break in my notifaction box so I'm putting my money in the beak of @TheKingDedede

I actually have been asked this question and offered up some suggestions for possible new moderators. I didn't know at the time that MrL would one day rise to become a golden moderator. It must be something to do with those who have single letters in their name. 

Just now, LadyD said:

I actually have been asked this question and offered up some suggestions for possible new moderators. I didn't know at the time that MrL would one day rise to become a golden moderator. It must be something to do with those who have single letters in their name. 

It's confirmed: Mr. P is next.

20 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

killing with kindness well Idk @Mezukie and @MenaAthena can do that as well why don't you do it to the one guy who just pops into say move the thread I could you a break in my notifaction box so I'm putting my money in the beak of @TheKingDedede

Oh goodness no, I don't have any desire to be a mod nor would I be a very useful one. It'd mean I'd have to venture outside the OT and Art sections and actually interact with people instead of just leaving a like 95% percent of the time, the other five percent being posts that basically equivalate to "I like this. This is good." Not to mention I'd have to control my emotions and remain calm and composed in the face of the rare troll or flame war.

I like having no responsibility thank you.

The voucher is very kind though so also thank you

Archived