Mealwood apparantly requires Oxygen

1 hour ago, Czeraphine said:

Thank god mealwood doesn't consume gasses anymore, that was game breaking lol

Wait wait wait whaaaat? :oIt doesn't? And it isn't in a patch note?

1 hour ago, Zervo said:

they said that it didn't consume anymore gas anymore since the last patch. i haven't tried it yet tho.

When did they say this? Gah, time for a forum search :confused:

1 minute ago, Czeraphine said:

We suspect it was a ninja patch from the ninja devil dev

Hmmm... I just noticed that when I run a saved game it says "debug mode", so maybe the culprit is that they enabled debug mode as default in the new patch. Mealwood never consumed air in debug mode, only in regular game mode.

26 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Hmmm... I just noticed that when I run a saved game it says "debug mode", so maybe the culprit is that they enabled debug mode as default in the new patch. Mealwood never consumed air in debug mode, only in regular game mode.

28 minutes ago, mrbunnyban said:

Have you guys tested outside of using the debug? I'll try and test it myself in-game

well.. I've never even used debug mode before lol all of my tests are conducted in a playthrough

9 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

well.. I've never even used debug mode before lol all of my tests are conducted in a playthrough

As did I. And I was baffled that other people using debug mode got totally different results that in regular game mode.

So I tested it out and that's when I discovered that some things actually don't work in debug mode as they're supposed to such as mealwood not consuming air, morb not consuming chlorine, air temperatures rises and lowers much faster etc etc

As noted above, with the latest build, debug mode seems to be enabled as default, so things don't work exactly and aren't balanced out as they were before.

2 hours ago, Czeraphine said:

Thank god mealwood doesn't consume gasses anymore, that was game breaking lol

but.. butt... i'm using it to reduce my CO2 :<

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I can confirm this. My carefully planned air circulation system based on mealwood suction has stopped working so they've updated that in a patch and forgot to tell us.

hahaha..

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

As did I. And I was baffled that other people using debug mode got totally different results that in regular game mode.

So I tested it out and that's when I discovered that some things actually don't work in debug mode as they're supposed to such as mealwood not consuming air, morb not consuming chlorine, air temperatures rises and lowers much faster etc etc

As noted above, when the latest build, debug mode seems to be enabled as default, so things don't work exactly and aren't balanced out as they were before.

Oh, now I get it.  In debug mode, mealwood does not consume air. But debug mode is now enabled by default. Gwah.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Yeah. I think I have to start a new game as well. It'll take forever to redo the current base to take these changes into account.

You probably have made them happier in the choice due to this response, and of course many others like it. Upping that difficulty!

what to make of this plants controling c02 1.jpg

I have not used any building or device for controlling c02 in my base ... no algea whatever or scrubbers nothing 

just a gas pump pumping through a cooler and back into other side of the room. i take the oxygen out and output it a floor higher to squeeze the c02 and keep it in the bottom floor

plants controling c02 2.jpg

this base was mostly made yesterday and last night post change 

so if the plants arent eating the c02 then is it just vanishing into the void?

15 minutes ago, Tamedwilds said:

what to make of this plants controling c02 1.jpg

I have not used any building or device for controlling c02 in my base ... no algea whatever or scrubbers nothing

just a gas pump pumping through a cooler and back into other side of the room. i take the oxygen out and output it a floor higher to squeeze the c02 and keep it in the bottom floor

plants controling c02 2.jpg

this base was mostly made yesterday and last night post change

so if the plants arent eating the c02 then is it just vanishing into the void?

I see your gas vents are over pressurized. Considering gas vents are one of the few things that
don't stop working when overpressure and Morbs are another such case, and both of these cases
are being use to "clean" the atmosphere, it would appear that adding gases to overpressure
tiles destroys gases already in the tile to fit the new gases.

Hmm it's a bit strange. It apparently blocks adding mass if the gas in the tile is the same type as what is being added.
And if it's "impure" than it just nukes it. Can't exactly check this code as it's native x64, not IL.

The problem with the vent appears to be that it allows operation if the mass is less than
2 (can't be bothered with the UI unit), but it never checks how far it will go past 2 after adding it.

I'm not sure that's true even after the patch. 

In my setup with the CO2 sink as a grow room, oxygen is being generated and the only thing in there is meal wood in an enclosed space. 

The way I have my setup is all CO2 is channeled to fall from the base down a central shaft into this multilevel grow room that's very isolated from the rest of the base. After reading this thread I played many cycles and suddenly oxygen began appearing in this sink. From what you guys said about the patch I first thought maybe it was coming from elsewhere but this is multileveled and the oxygen is precipitating up from the lower level. Blobs of blue amongst solid red on both levels. In a strictly CO2 space it could only come from the meal wood. 

The only other explanation for your setup that I can think of is that maybe, and I seriously doubt this, but maybe a piece of oxelitte fell down into that room.during a dig.

I mean. If all the plants were creating oxygen, then you'd see more than a blue smudge.

Oh wait. Another explanation is that your air pressure might be lowering, which might cause the CO2 and Oxygen to mix and cause an effect that looks like the oxygen is coming from the plants.

All speculation of course, which screen shots would help, but IF they made the plants eat CO2, and possibly only CO2, even if by a small amount, then the 'exploit' might still be present, just less of a degree.

There are only 7 references to CarbonDioxide in the entire game:

AlgaeHabitat's ElementConsumer
CO2Scrubber's ElementConverter
Generator's BuildingElementEmitter
Volgus' ElementEmitter
CO2Manager converting O2 to CO2 using the extremely obvious breath effects
Explosions
Debug Paint Screen

If you can find any relation from those to BasicSingleHarvestPlant then you're better at this than I am.

Obviously, they added the AlgaeHabitat's ElementConsumer to the plants. OBVIOUSLY!

Butsrsly. From the look of it, there seems to be nothing for plants making oxygen.

Although. Curious. What was it called for the plants when they DID eat gases? If you happen to know.

Just now, Oatmeal said:

Obviously, they added the AlgaeHabitat's ElementConsumer to the plants. OBVIOUSLY!

Butsrsly. From the look of it, there seems to be nothing for plants making oxygen.

Although. Curious. What was it called for the plants when they DID eat gases? If you happen to know.

I've never come across any such code and I've been looking for the elusive code all week.
If it ever did exist it was from an old release.

9 minutes ago, Tamedwilds said:

well id like to do the due diligence and report this bug but I don't even know what to call it.. 

To be honest you guys sound MUCH more technically savvy then me .. 

whats the next course of action?

The same thing we do every night. Try and take over the asteroid.

Maybe call it the 'Mass-less Gas Leak' or the 'Vent to No-air'. I don't know. I need to go to sleep as I am in no state of mind to continue.

48 minutes ago, Oatmeal said:

The only other explanation for your setup that I can think of is that maybe, and I seriously doubt this, but maybe a piece of oxelitte fell down into that room.during a dig.

I mean. If all the plants were creating oxygen, then you'd see more than a blue smudge.

Oh wait. Another explanation is that your air pressure might be lowering, which might cause the CO2 and Oxygen to mix and cause an effect that looks like the oxygen is coming from the plants.

All speculation of course, which screen shots would help, but IF they made the plants eat CO2, and possibly only CO2, even if by a small amount, then the 'exploit' might still be present, just less of a degree.

Even as speculations those are quite a stretch. Screenshots aren't needed, I explained it simply. Actually, looking at screenshots Im using a different version than some- 206776.

Archived