[Suggestion] Research to increase efficiency of certain tool or job.

I just thinking it will be nice to have some sort of passive bonus for late game research. As after the circle 35-40 researches are mostly done. So it become useless.

If any chance of we can have something like...

• Reduce resource consumption of name_of_a_machine_or_tool  by 5-10%
  • Increase digging/movement speed of dupes
  • ... you_got_the_idea

2 hours ago, HoovyEd said:

I guess it'd be hard to implement on the current machines and balance them and may ned up being too much "pollutive", maybe the best way'd be for a new machine just for that or simply an "upgrade" tool or trait.

It is not too hard to balance, for example 

Shower before research (or upgrade)

• Using water: 833.3 g/s
  • Emitting Contaminated Water: 666.7 g/s

Shower after researched (or upgraded)

• Using water 833.3 g/s
  • Emitting Contaminated Water: 777.6 g/s

→ So after all water still got consumed but lesser, and player can sustain their water a bit longer. As right now the person who reach highest circle I know in this forums is 250+ circles (source) . And his advise is not research any further than first tier... In the end if research more rewarding, it would be nice.

4 minutes ago, ospirit said:

→ So after all water still got consumed but lesser, and player can sustain their water a bit longer. As right now the person who reach highest circle I know in this forums is 250+ circles (source) . And his advise is not research any further than first tier... In the end if research more rewarding, it would be nice.

On my highest playthrough, I've reached up to 400 cycles. At that point, I've intentionally killed my dupes as there was nothing else to do at that point. Researching all researchable parts just ends up to be a water sink. However, not as much as he advocates it to be. Ultimately, the main source of water leaving the system would be from your electrolyzers (or possibly your algae terrarium if you have them).

Archived