Option to stop duplicants from harvesting water supplies

There may already be a way of doing this, but I haven't found it yet.

On a number of occasions I've been digging out and building around water supplies with the intention of using the water as a part of a bigger system. But the duplicants seem to enjoy collecting the water over doing priority-9 tasks.

On the duplicant jobs drop-down there are a variety of things that can be enabled/disabled. I think that it would be really useful if there were an option to enable/disable the collecting of water.

I was thinking at something similar, like select what water sorce you want them to get. I was making a system with a eletrolyzer and hydrogen generator and i had 2 water source, one for the system and one for the algae/supercomputer and they keep getting water from the system source...

I've never had a problem with this. Are you sure that the machine that is requesting water is not itself set to a very high priority? Usually they only collect water for me if the microbe musher or something like that is set to the highest current priority available.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:58 AM, jjcm04 said:

You press the O on the keyboard to rotate doors

Does that by any chance work on pipe jumpers, too?  The hump to make on pipe cross another?

:)

Also - I hope we will be able to designate water source - I set up a pump and pulled water up to them from the bottom of a deep cave and the little darlins still kept wasting time running up and down the stupid ladder while my lovely water feature overflowed....

Auntie Bea

5 hours ago, AuntieBea said:

Does that by any chance work on pipe jumpers, too?  The hump to make on pipe cross another?

:)

Also - I hope we will be able to designate water source - I set up a pump and pulled water up to them from the bottom of a deep cave and the little darlins still kept wasting time running up and down the stupid ladder while my lovely water feature overflowed....

Auntie Bea

Yes that does work on both pipe jumpers and wire bridges.

Archived