Buncha Ocuvigil facts and questions (mostly questions)

Hey everyone!

What about some ocuvigil science? Or maybe you know everything already so you can help my poor, uninformed mind? So, that's what I already know:

• It reveals area around it on map and keeps it updated which means that...
It keeps this small area loaded. Bunnymen will slaughter spiders, grass gekkos will regrow their tails and so on.

What I want to know:

• If area is kept loaded then does it mean that smoldering can occur if no one's around?
Same goes with disease. Can plants randomly catch it if no one's around?

If above statements are true (cri), then what about caves?

• Does ocuvigil keeps area loaded even if it's in caves and everyone is in overworld currently?
Will earthquakes happen around ocuvigil?

I guess it would be cool to reveal all those facts, the more you know the better you can use those structures :)

Nope doesn't seem that the area is loaded. Or rather, the mobs are frozen and don't do anything. Spawned a den and encircled it with bunny hutches, placed ocuvigil in the middle, went far away, waited throughout dusk, returned at sunrise and no drops or anything.

Rip

Nope doesn't seem that the area is loaded. Or rather, the mobs are frozen and don't do anything. Spawned a den and encircled it with bunny hutches, placed ocuvigil in the middle, went far away, waited throughout dusk, returned at sunrise and no drops or anything.

9 minutes ago, cactusarms said:

So wait, if you leave an area with an ocuvigil, time basically stops in that area?

Time basically stops anywhere without a player nearby.
Plants do continue to grow, and Beeboxes will make honey without flowers nearby (although it takes much longer).

On 30/04/2017 at 2:27 AM, Electroely said:

Time basically stops anywhere without a player nearby.
Plants do continue to grow, and Beeboxes will make honey without flowers nearby (although it takes much longer).

Adding onto this, beeboxes only make 1 honey each day when in this state. It does work in Winter though, so you can abuse it with enough bees top get food in Winter.

Archived