Gas Pump anemic...

I think the culprit is the mechanic that moves the gases around. It follows the following pattern:

The pump sucks a tile of gas, then that tile transforms into vacuum, before that space gets filled again with some gas in the surrounding area the pump turns off, once that tile gets filled again the pump turns on, repeat.

If the game mechanic could move the gases fast enough, or if the pump could evaluate the pressure (presence-absence of gas) of a bigger area I think the pump could work properly.

Ahh I knew the pumps were buggy af. I feel both the gas and liquid piping systems are clunky , with vents overpressurizing all the time (I had one of those liquid output vents overpressurized while filling a pool of water that obviously wasnt... full yet), or pumps not taking gas / water.

yeah. i also have problem with the gas.

my colony suddenly  filled with carbon and hydrogen.

Carbon is quite easy to dealt with, hydrogen not so much.

i place couple of gas pumps in the ceiling of problematic room, but not all of the hydrogen are being suck.. they are still spreading.

looking at their nature & game mechanic, hydrogen are lighter so if they are being sucked, all of the other hydrogen should be filling up the upper area again. but it's still spreading

i'm confuse how to deal with it

2 hours ago, Zervo said:

yeah. i also have problem with the gas.

my colony suddenly  filled with carbon and hydrogen.

Carbon is quite easy to dealt with, hydrogen not so much.

i place couple of gas pumps in the ceiling of problematic room, but not all of the hydrogen are being suck.. they are still spreading.

looking at their nature & game mechanic, hydrogen are lighter so if they are being sucked, all of the other hydrogen should be filling up the upper area again. but it's still spreading

i'm confuse how to deal with it

Hydrogen is a bit tricky to pump. The pump don't work if tiles are under 100-150g. Hydrogen usually  floats around with less than that. You need to create oxygen under so it forces hydrogen to compress in a state that is pumpable. 

And even after that, the gas pump often bug out, and can only input the first gas they pumped this session (so if you created it in oxygen and not the room is filled with hydrogen , it will pump the hydrogen but not output it. If you save and reload it will finally output the hydrogen) 

I agree, especially the gas pumping mechanics need work. Right now I have a room that should be pumping out massive amounts of oxygen through a small vent (helping me collect hydrogen) but the room is constantly at maximum pressure - AFAIK, that shouldn't be physically possible. All rooms should have maximum pressure if at least one is at max and there are permeable tiles between. Unless those tiles have a very tiny permeability factor?

It does work, but it's tricky. I've found that one gas pump is usually enough for 3 electrolysers. This won't actually provide enough hydrogen to keep a hydrogen generator running full time, it'll jus go on and off as gas comes in.

As for the electrolysers, you need to spread them out a little bit. Try to equalize the pressure everywhere in your base to make hydrogen rise steadily to the pump.

Suggestions:

1. Oxygen/Hydrogen produced by hydrolysers doesn't spread fast enough in the immediate area. I don't know how far the radius is where it checks for pressure but this radius should be a lot bigger and the gases coming should dissipate at least several times faster in a small area around the hydrolyser, then go back to normal behavior. Right now it stutters way too much due to "max pressure" even if like 4 tiles away the oxygen density is less than 400g, this is very strange.

2. Likewise, the area where gas pumps check for density before taking in gasses should be a bit bigger. Right now you can have a 1200g gas density in a room and the gas pump will still sutter as the tile it's taking gas from turns into a vacuum. This stuttering makes it very confusing for players.

3. more detailed tooltips when devices stop working due to low availability. When a fluid pump says it's not submerged in fluid it's pretty obvious as it's waiting for more to flow into place, but with gasses it's pretty confusing right now. When a gas pump says "not in gas" and then you press F1 and see a giant red gas bubble around it it gets very confusing for the player. I would suggest adding a current and required value to this tool time. Maybe something along the lines of "Not enough gas pressure(2730g/800g)" or something. with the first number being the current value and the 2nd being the required value for it to run for at least one cycle.

Archived