New Expansion Question

Forty years. Klei has officially stated that it will come out in 40 years. This is to build hype so the game gets a fantastically huge fanbase within those forty years.

No but seriously, 

the update is set to come out next Thursday. See here on the Don't Starve Together main screen:

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 8.35.59 PM.png

9 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

Forty years. Klei has officially stated that it will come out in 40 years. This is to build hype so the game gets a fantastically huge fanbase within those forty years.

No but seriously, 

the update is set to come out next Thursday. See here on the Don't Starve Together main screen:

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 8.35.59 PM.png

It looked to me like they were asking when we'd be getting new updates after ANR is finished. And no one could really answer that other then a Klei dev. But I wouldn't expect a lot of new content for DST in quite a while.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It looked to me like they were asking when we'd be getting new updates after ANR is finished. And no one could really answer that other then a Klei dev. But I wouldn't expect a lot of new content for DST in quite a while.

Yeah, they'll probably focus on ONI and Hot Lava for now, except for the few events here and there. But here's hoping they'll do some new expansion for it once those are done! DS/T is Klei's baby, they can't just leave the both... right?

7 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Yeah, they'll probably focus on ONI and Hot Lava for now, except for the few events here and there. But here's hoping they'll do some new expansion for it once those are done! DS/T is Klei's baby, they can't just leave the both... right?

Well, I hope so.

13 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Plus there are some exciting mods that are being made. Here are the two I think are very cool and adds alot of content.

• Developer
8 minutes ago, onedeagdrifter said:

Plus there are some exciting mods that are being made. Here are the two I think are very cool and adds alot of content.

Hahah, yes! I'm in the development team of both of them, Unnatural Selection will still take a while to be worked on since our team is focusing on other mods, but Island Adventures might get released faster than you think ;)

6 hours ago, onedeagdrifter said:

Hi, I'm also on the team for Unnatural Selection (and possibly Island Adventures when it's at the playtesting stage). US is gonna be revisited and a lot of the features will be revamped and even more added after ANR draws to a close. Reason we're waiting is because US is being treated like a full DLC, complete with puzzles, lore, and the like, so we don't wanna clash with any preexisting features/lore being added in ANR. We're also working on other mods, like @ImDaMisterL said, so we wanna get those out of the way so we can focus 110% on nothing but US!

tl;dr, US is on hold until ANR is over and we finish other smaller mods.

Archived