Advanced compression technology

Could be another branch of research that allows us to increase compression capacity for our storage compactors and other things. It could involve a compactor specifically made for contaminated objects (like slime and soil), and doesn't release any contaminated oxygen. Additionally, a pump could be used to compress certain gasses into liquid form, like hydrogen. The liquid hydrogen could very quickly sublimate back into gas only after a short amount of exposure to the air (may be used as a way to  battle temperature build up). Could also include a decompressor. Paired with the compressor, and maybe even a pressure sensitive plate, we may be able to make mechanized engines with the use of water.

Well a agree with this, the question is : will klei assume that because you already , in some way, can do some thing, does it need a dedicated building. 

For exemple you can already kind of do storage that doesn't "release" any contaminated air : just put storage compactors in a sealed area. Once we get more cooling machines will be able to also cool gases, with an assembly of machines instead a special one for that. 

Not that i disagree, and i always welcome new tech, but the question still remains : if you can do something in the game "the artisanal way", won't they consider we don't need a machine for it ? 

8 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

Well a agree with this, the question is : will klei assume that because you already , in some way, can do some thing, does it need a dedicated building. 

For exemple you can already kind of do storage that doesn't "release" any contaminated air : just put storage compactors in a sealed area. Once we get more cooling machines will be able to also cool gases, with an assembly of machines instead a special one for that. 

Not that i disagree, and i always welcome new tech, but the question still remains : if you can do something in the game "the artisanal way", won't they consider we don't need a machine for it ? 

Well, considering that the game is still in alpha, ideas can be thrown in their way willy-nilly. If they like it and it seems healthier for game health, then they can go for it. In the end, all we can do is provide bugs and suggestions to game health. With that out of the way, A later branch of technology would be more welcome than just making a contaminated compactor pen with an air deodorizer on the side. That is the point of progressing through research after all.

Archived