[MOD|TOOL] OnionPatcher

3 hours ago, Eep said:

Yes but not as severe. It's all explained in the other thread so please reply there as I'd rather not duplicate it here. I just replied here to direct attention there.

I probably wont pay it much attention, no offense, but this seems unrelated to OnionPatcher at least in the grand scheme of things. This most likely because of a bug or oversight in Klei's code that OnionPatcher might make more apparent. I won't continue the discussion here any further (as per your request) but I might look into it, but no guarantees.

Thanks for reporting the issue though, appreciate the effort @Eep

Hi 

Thank you for this. I use it for the, Larger map i can have (512 x 640 ) as compared to the 256 x 384 default game size. The Best feature tho is being able to scroll way back and still have the UI . pointing to a new area and scroll in to that spot. Thank you very much for this.

As of today 6/8/2017 it is still working. Every time there is an update i know, because I cant scroll out and have to re-patch , :)

Really hope they don't break this with an update in the future .

Map overview.png

Hey!
I tried patching this twice.. with the copy of Onion Patcher (MD5: 9B20C6E07E33D463505AF0C7FE9624A7)
It doesn't work with ONI version AU-219035.
Can you please check it out? :)
I appreciate your time and effort on this project. I like the creative mode type play. 

I am an idiot. I realized that after re-patching, the onion.json was replaced. I just had to change debug from false to true again. Thanks again for your awesome patcher!

On 2017-05-19 at 1:02 PM, 656379_1452791410 said:

On 2017-06-09 at 1:37 AM, Camaro69327 said:

On 2017-06-09 at 10:56 AM, AvaruusApina said:

I was wondering about this (haven't updated the version number), thank you guys for confirming, I haven't been able to yet (last stretch of the semester), and I'm happy that this lil´ patcher still brings people joy! :)

What about the 404 default anyone try that one? I wish I would have found this sooner. I had a map with 2 natural gas 1 steam geysers and excellent temp for mealwood off the hop! :( ONI really needs a creative mode!  

On 2017-06-09 at 1:37 AM, Camaro69327 said:

As of today 6/8/2017 it is still working. Every time there is an update i know, because I cant scroll out and have to re-patch , :)

Really hope they don't break this with an update in the future .

Well the world size option and seed option will probably be obsolete in the future, as it's already a planned feature (I'm 99.9% certain), and I can't imagine Klei not implementing QoL features like zoom limit.

Much like the Meeseeks, OnionPatcher's sole purpose is to eventually stop existing. 

EDIT:
I uploaded a new version of OnionPatcher just adding a tiny option to log the seed at world creation. On one of the future alpha-branches of Oxygen Not Included the seed-function in OnionPatcher will stop working as intended, I'm aware of this, It's a tiny update so it's an easy fix to make it compatible again. I'll add it to the main post when it's ready so fret not!

EDIT 2:
The Alpha Branch compatible version is now uploaded!

11 hours ago, magei said:

It appears the OU update broke Onion patcher as I get this when ever I try to start a new game on outbreak upgrade, No matter the map size or seed xD Hoping for a patch to be on the way :)

20170825023228_1.jpg

Did you read the opening post?
There is currently two versions available that is compatible with the update (should be), have you tried both?

1 hour ago, Moonkis said:

Did you read the opening post?
There is currently two versions available that is compatible with the update (should be), have you tried both?

Sorry! I thought the Alpha branch was the actual alpha version of the game known as the archive branch under steam beta's xD  I will try the Alpha one next time I'm on

49 minutes ago, magei said:

Sorry! I thought the Alpha branch was the actual alpha version of the game known as the archive branch under steam beta's xD  I will try the Alpha one next time I'm on

Woops! Might have to re-name that, I guess it is a little confusing.

I think the new patch murderd your lovely program.:o

I get an error if i try to patch it. I try to translate it because i'm german and get an mixed english-german text.:D

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: the listet argument lays out of the area.

Mono.Collections.Generic.Collection´1.get_item(int32 index)

OnionPatcher.Patcher.PatchButton_Click(Object sender, event args e)

On 10/6/2017 at 2:40 AM, Aisu Kitsune said:

I get an error if i try to patch it. I try to translate it because i'm german and get an mixed english-german text.:D

I get almost the same error except for the first line (and some minor capitalization and "at" in front of the last 2 lines):

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified arguement was out of the range of valid values.

9 hours ago, Eep said:

I get almost the same error except for the first line (and some minor capitalization and "at" in front of the last 2 lines):

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified arguement was out of the range of valid values.

Yep as i said, i translated it hugly free from german. xD If you have the correct english form of the error, please type it whole, that moonkins have direct the right error. ^-^

On 2017-10-10 at 1:49 AM, Eep said:

On 2017-10-10 at 11:38 AM, Aisu Kitsune said:

Yep as i said, i translated it hugly free from german. xD If you have the correct english form of the error, please type it whole, that moonkins have direct the right error. ^-^

On 2017-10-15 at 10:52 PM, Eep said:

Doesn't work with build 236679 either.

On 2017-10-06 at 11:40 AM, Aisu Kitsune said:

OnionPatcher has been integrated into MaterialColor mod (Modular/Opt-In):

The decision was mine (as in I asked him). The OnionPatcher source code (simple as dirt) can be found here
It *should* work with the latest patch

10 hours ago, Eep said:

Lame. Why make a simple mod more complex? Etiam needs to make a standalone version of JUST the OnionPatcher. I'm not a programmer so I'm not compiling source code.

Lame as it might be, I believe it's the best option currently, at least that way OnionPatcher features are still compatible with the current version. You can also just choose to only apply OnionPatcher and nothing else (correct me if I am wrong).

Edit:
The source is also under MIT so to anyone that feels like it can fork it and update it. It's not exclusive to MaterialColor!

Archived