this either needs to be fixed or implemented

The problem is : normal pipes are "backgroud" objects that can as such be places behind things while bridges are not. You need the 3 blocks free from any foreground object, so delete the ladder. 

I think it's intended to be that way, because it visally passes by the foreground, but yeah it's not convenient at all. 

5 minutes ago, DNsingbanana said:

The problem is : normal pipes are "backgroud" objects that can as such be places behind things while bridges are not. You need the 3 blocks free from any foreground object, so delete the ladder. 

I think it's intended to be that way, because it visally passes by the foreground, but yeah it's not convenient at all. 

ah, i see, it looks at though it would go over it though, ill see what I can do with it

3 hours ago, DNsingbanana said:

Well, one could argue that the game is in 3D, so you can have background (pipes), normal (ladder) and foreground (the part that goes over the ladder with the bridge).

10 hours ago, Salm77 said:

Well, one could argue that the game is in 3D, so you can have background (pipes), normal (ladder) and foreground (the part that goes over the ladder with the bridge).

Well yeah it sure id weird that you seem to have the depth to stack wires, liquid and gas pipes all at once but if there's a ladder and a pipe bridge suddenly OHMYGOD NOT ENOUGH SPACE! :p

I ran into this as well, as I tended to route power and electrical under/next-to ladders.  Once I figured it out it "made sense" that it didn't work, but it was very frustrating to work around, given the state of my colony at the time.

A related annoyance is that it'd be really handy to be able to swap the in/out ports for larger machinery (like rotation, but different).

There have been times where I wish there was a vertical version of this bridge. But i agree. Sometimes the way I HAVE to align the pipes is beyond impractical. You would THINK, flipping these machines would be simple seeing as how they literally blast the pieces at the machines. Then again, I just imagine that the tool they are using only has the blueprints for a machine in that one particular position and they were too late to update their firmware... Or something.

But yeah. I do hope they add something to fix this little annoyance.

21 minutes ago, Oatmeal said:

There have been times where I wish there was a vertical version of this bridge. But i agree. Sometimes the way I HAVE to align the pipes is beyond impractical. You would THINK, flipping these machines would be simple seeing as how they literally blast the pieces at the machines. Then again, I just imagine that the tool they are using only has the blueprints for a machine in that one particular position and they were too late to update their firmware... Or something.

But yeah. I do hope they add something to fix this little annoyance.

A vertical version? Did you try pressing O and see if that gets the result you want? Or what do you mean by vertical?

Archived