[HOWTO] Enabling debug-commands

1 hour ago, CantBreathe said:

I saw a YouTuber using debug mode to move items (like ice and seeds) around the map. Which keys perform this function?

Cheater! Ok, never mind. Alt-Q is what you are looking for (If you are using a Mac then is [fancy symbol]-Q, I guess) also try Ctrl-Q, can be quite useful too.

30 minutes ago, Octyabr said:

Cheater! Ok, never mind. Alt-Q is what you are looking for (If you are using a Mac then is [fancy symbol]-Q, I guess) also try Ctrl-Q, can be quite useful too.

CTRL-Q makes the target move to that destination. ALT-Q teleports them there. I guess ALT-Q is for the more urgent cases such as Octyabr's example, while CTRL-Q could be used to test their navigation and see if they can get to that spot. You can already do that with Duplicants, but doing it for creatures is probably its only use.

On 11/7/2017 at 3:38 PM, TTA said:

what does this do?

Alt-F7 makes your Replicants invincible. They shouldn't actually die from hunger, cold, disease, wounds etc. (Tested on alpha 242561 : Automation upgrade and still works.

Hi

Since the last update (or more, i don't know) i have a problem with debug mode. The backspace DebugToggle work but not the controls. Before i could use DebugInstantBuildMode (CTRL + F4) and DebugDig (CTRL + F6) but today no!
I try to delete the file and create a new one... but same
An idea why?

On 2/17/2017 at 12:59 AM, Moonkis said:

I haven't seen anyone post any information about this, so I thought I ought to make a post about it. For some reason the default "Backspace" doesn't enable debug-commands (is it just me?) but you can force the game to make all the commands available. This can easily be done by just creating a simple (empty) text-file inside the " OxygenNotIncluded_Data"-folder which is located at the root of the game-folder. The text-file needs to be named:

debug_enable.txt

Note: The ".txt" is the extension! The filename should be "debug_enable".

This allows you to use Debug-commands (A restart of the game is necessary). This is very useful for screen-shot purposes as you can disable all hud by pressing ALT + F1 in-game or unlock the camera so you can zoom further out. The Control-submenu is full of the commands, but please note that SOME of these commands will crash the game or just not work (Removing FogOfWar for example doesn't seem to work).

Alt+S disables all HUD without debug commands active Screen Shot Mode

Archived