Setting Priority

I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the priority level.  I press the set priority button and everything is set to level 5, how do I change the level to something else?

Also noticed a bug with the popup text on the priority overlay button (top left) say it shows decor values.

• Developer

Please, report any bugs you find in the Oxygen Not Included Bug Tracker, thank you: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni-alpha/

As for the priority level, I think in one of the windows that appears when you'll do an action there's one for the numbers, just click on the one you want to set the priority for, though I'm not too sure about that, I only played the game a bit on my brother's PC :p

Use the Priority tool in the lower-right and select a priority. Then click-drag over the area you want to change the priority for. Alternatively when you select a tool, say the Dig tool, click the priority level directly beneath it before click-dragging the area. You can also click on items before and after they are built and change their priority in the info tab.

I actually figured out why I had problems with this.  When I play on full screen my windows taskbar remains in place, so when the priority options appeared below the icon, they were hidden under the task bar. 

9 hours ago, Spider2430 said:

the priority settings arent really working that well, sometimes they do the job that you set to 9, but other times they just ignore it

Does 9 mean high priority or low priority?

I'm confused coming from Rimworld where priority 1 means job gets done first, and 4 means its last.

Also some buildings if you set them to priority 9 your dupes will just run back and forth refilling the materials the building uses even if it's 99% full, so careful with prio 9 :)

I would like to be able to use the numeric keypad when setting priority. So you can press "P" then "7", rather than having to click the square. Also, it should remember the priority you used last time, rather than reverting to 5 each time.

Archived