How the air scrubber works?

Hi everyone!. I've tried to make the air scrubber work with no success. Shouldn't the air scrubber take a gas as an input and output?. So, i've tried to install liquid pumps and i can't make it work. Should we compress the carbon dioxide to make it a liquid? or whats the deal?. Btw, loving the game so far.

air_scrubber.jpg

Although I've not used it myself as of yet (instead relying on the algae to scrub the air) what the air scrubber does is use clean water to clean out carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, basically trapping the carbon in the air into the water, creating contaminated water, so you need to pump in clean water from a water pump located in a water reservoir, and then use pipes to move the contaminated water that it creates to a water purifier, and from the water purifier you can move it back into the air scrubber or into your water reservoir or whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

A more chemical approach to this is that CO2 + H2O = H2CO3 (which is also called carbonic acid). Though, realistically, the reaction is very slow, and the acid is very weak. 

Yay! soda for our dupes!

I might be wrong, but I've seen that those generate a bigger amount of contaminated water: I remember something like "Using 233 g/s of Water" and "Generating 333 g/s of contaminated water" so, maybe those could be useful to generate water.

1 minute ago, Octyabr said:

Yay! soda for our dupes!

I might be wrong, but I've seen that those generate a bigger amount of contaminated water: I remember something like "Using 233 g/s of Water" and "Generating 333 g/s of contaminated water" so, maybe those could be useful to generate water.

if that's the case, then it has to be a bug and will definitely be patched haha

It would be great if that was the case though. Attach your water pump to your air scrubber which is then attached to your water purifier which is then pumping back out into your water deposit. Conservation of mass wouldn't apply and you would get infinite water. And, with infinite water comes infinite power and other such things.

1 minute ago, Czeraphine said:

if that's the case, then it has to be a bug and will definitely be patched haha

It would be great if that was the case though. Attach your water pump to your air scrubber which is then attached to your water purifier which is then pumping back out into your water deposit. Conservation of mass wouldn't apply and you would get infinite water. And, with infinite water comes infinite power and other such things.

It would be useful to compensate the destructive behaviour of the algae terraria.

Just now, Octyabr said:

It would be useful to compensate the destructive behaviour of the algae terraria.

Honestly, the algea terrarium doesn't make too much sense since they also require the additional input of more algea. The point of a terrarium is self sustainance though. And, if it's not enclosed, only the input of water and carbon dioxide would make sense.

53 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

Honestly, the algea terrarium doesn't make too much sense since they also require the additional input of more algea. The point of a terrarium is self sustainance though. And, if it's not enclosed, only the input of water and carbon dioxide would make sense.

Yeah, the plants only need time also, it'd be nice that plants (including the algae terrarium) would consume CO2, produce O2 and need some light maybe.

1 hour ago, Elucidus said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but the water that came out of my filter, not my air scruber ended up being contaminated water.  I selected water as the output, so I am not sure what i did wrong there.

Does nobody read the description of that item? Liquid filter separates one liquid out of a mix, it does not clear water.

Archived