Is there a way to make water?

if you have a geyser that you want contaminated from take as much contaminated water you can and completely flood the geyser with it. do not drain it. let it contaminate the geyser. the geyser will start pumping out contaminated water instead of clean water.. unlimited fertalizer

29 minutes ago, heckubis said:

if you have a geyser that you want contaminated from take as much contaminated water you can and completely flood the geyser with it. do not drain it. let it contaminate the geyser. the geyser will start pumping out contaminated water instead of clean water.. unlimited fertalizer

Lol, that just doesn't sound like it should be happening.  That is just wrong on so many level. :)

1 minute ago, Fatmice said:

Lol, that just doesn't sound like it should be happening.  That is just wrong on so many level. :)

yah was actually hoping to make a clean water ocean so was just going for flooding the area in general to start it off and then that happend

2 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

That can't possibly be intended effect.  Geysers should not put out anything when over-pressured no?

well naturally that's why geysers happen in the first place the water underground is heated all the time and it bursts through the ground witch should be stronger but that's nature. the corruption of the content on the other hand is bothersome and wasn't what I was actually after. bothersome being its not fresh anymore I don't have a fertilizer problem on my build making plenty (3 compost 7 fertilizer machines blossoms rot for polluted dirt)

but the geyser well itself I uncorked by accessing it in the normal way.

Well yes, natural geysers are relief valves, but we all know that is not the function of a geyser in the game.  The game's geyser is just a vent that releases steam and some hot water.  Like all vents in the game, if they are submerged, they stop working.  I haven't test, but read from multiple posts that they stop working when over-pressured.  Thus I found it odd that your polluted geyser continued to produce polluted water when over-pressured.

watching them they go over pressure just before they start producing as part of the process. I just assume that the pressure threshold of the geyser is way higher than a vent normally is.

and its not sealed off there is  room for the water to travel its opened into an ice biome so its not actually sealed

On 3/30/2017 at 11:39 AM, heckubis said:

Okay I now know why this is happening!  It is a rather interesting effect that I do not know if it can be generalized to other liquids.  The geyser is definitely not producing polluted water.  What you're seeing is a secondary effect.

On 3/30/2017 at 6:39 PM, heckubis said:

As crazy as it sounds I was looking for the easiest way to contaminate the water from a Geyser because the Purifier will change the temperature from anything (Geyser water about 80°C) to 40°C ! Which is the only easy way too cool down water at the moment... I'm guessing this will be patched soon though.

33 minutes ago, PickPay said:

As crazy as it sounds I was looking for the easiest way to contaminate the water from a Geyser because the Purifier will change the temperature from anything (Geyser water about 80°C) to 40°C ! Which is the only easy way too cool down water at the moment... I'm guessing this will be patched soon though.

Snake a granite gas pipe carrying very cold hydrogen through the water to cool it down.  The gas packets in the pipe need to pause to effectively conduct the heat to and from the pipes.

2 hours ago, Fatmice said:

Snake a granite gas pipe carrying very cold hydrogen through the water to cool it down.  The gas packets in the pipe need to pause to effectively conduct the heat to and from the pipes.

How much better is Hydrogen compared to other gasses ? I have barely enough to power my Generators. How do I slow down gas, with a Valve ? It looks like gas is disappearing... 1kg coming in at full speed and only 12g going out !

20170403130238_1.jpg

Hydrogen holds more heat than most gasses.  You generate short pausing of gas packet by utilizing the gas vent over-pressure behavior.  The pump's output is not limited.  Add more hydrogen gas into your wheezeworts room until the vent carrying returning Hydrogen gas begins to over-pressure intermittently.  This will generate the pausing that you need to cool the gas pipes.

I can confirm that there is no reason to pre-cool water prior to pumping it into the electrolyzer.  If you use gold amalgam for the electrolyzer, liquid pump, gas pump and abyssalyite for the pipes, water straight from the geysers will be fine.  The gasses that are produced do not carry the heat of the liquid.

You can see here I piped 70C water into the electrolyzer.  It produced gasses at around 33-34C and itself never heated up to more than 35C.electrolyzer.png

Archived