Show Us Your Colony

25 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Yeah, my point was that you seemed to have batteries sporadically placed - although it was harder to see exactly without the electric overlay. For example, you only have 1 battery on each line going to your electrolyzer room - which is a very small buffer.

Not trying to pick your base apart, just helping with the closure of "what the hell went wrong?!" :D 

Well, I don't really see any problem with one battery. As long as it does not deplete. Right? And none of those batteries deplete at any point after I sorted my power issues.

Don't mind little picking of my base. Maybe I will learn from it and do better optimizing in the future. Optimization in management games never was my strong suit. :p

1 minute ago, AliVaja said:

Well, I don't really see any problem with one battery. As long as it does not deplete. Right? And none of those batteries deplete at any point after I sorted my power issues.

Don't mind little picking of my base. Maybe I will learn from it and do better optimizing in the future. Optimization in management games never was my strong suit. :p

You mis-quoted me though : "That paired with your CO2 backlog was probably the root of all evil :) " is what I was getting at.

By that I mean if you had 10 batteries instead of just 1, you'd have more of a buffer if your power gen was flicking on/off for the evenings, or a slight CO2 backlog, etc etc. 

Don't get me wrong, I did the exact same thing on my stream - now I have the unfortunate task of trying to route wires to separate battery banks for about 20 circuits :p 

wirebedlam.png

At last 100 dupes. Oh my god. oh well here is a few pics from it

Were it all started 6 dupes gave their lives to complete this base

Main base

Living area every dupe get their own living quarter, and every dupe only get bristle berrys as food, you see 2 grow rooms, there is multiple scattered round the base

living area 

Here is Mrs and Mr dupes living area and the only shower in the base. of course only for their use. 

Mr Mrs dupe

And over view of the base 

Over view

Cycle 2810 on an endurance run colony using polluted water to generate polluted o2 and keeping power use to less than 400w unless all electrical components are running simultaneously. Only tech used; pump, air scrubber, heater, and two cooking stations.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/852718152455508627/CF30350BD05257108E53BD2173FE1B5AB36E2E02/

Here is my small 42 inhabitants colony.

Overview

Free bathrooms, decorated dormitories, dinner hall and kitchen below, these are their quarters in the center of the colony.

Quarters

The oxygen tower at the top is the main consumer of power. The hexagon shape of the colony helps to collect the lightweight hydrogen that would have escaped in the colony into this tower.

oxygen-tower

The left wing of the colony hosts the cryoculture farm which is the main food source of the colony and the thumble reed farm.

cryoculture

In the opposite wing, the pyroculture farm produces enough Pincha Peppernuts to cook the delicious Pepper Bread for all the duplicants.

Pyroculture

The production and storage of energy produces a lot of heat which is reused to heat the Pincha Peppernuts farm at the right temperature.

gas-generators

The whole pipe network keeps the colony pressurized with pure oxygen. This way, the pressure inside the colony is always higher than the pressure outside and no polluted oxygen can enter.

gas-pipes

To actually keep the pressure in the colony higher than the pressure outside, pumps are continuously pumping the gases in the neighbouring of the colony. These gases along with the polluted oxygen produced from the polluted water are sorted : inoffensive gases are released in the colony and chlorine is stored in the giant chlorine tank (hosting morbs for now) while polluted oxygen is purified by the cold.

gas-handling

Currently setting up a gourmet colony to feed my dupes stuffed berries every day.  320 cycles in, and I almost have the farm set up complete.  Propagating the blossom seeds was definitely a lengthy task, and it gave me time to set up a relatively simple (suboptimal) hydrogen bubbler.

Polluted water is used to cool the red light district and fertilizer makers.  Waste CO2 from natural gas generators is used to sterilize my food storage, and pressurize the fertilizer maker room to keep the natural gas emissions from wafting throughout my base.

The thermo regulators for the hydrogen bubbler are set in a staggered formation, so no pair of regulators is running constantly.  This reduces the heat output and makes the wheezeworts more effective.

20170628145141_1.jpg

20170628145157_1.jpg

20170628145208_1.jpg

20170628145217_1.jpg

20170628145233_1.jpg

20170628145300_1.jpg

20170628145314_1.jpg

My colony is a mess, and I've learned a lot in the process.20170629231750_1.jpg20170629231734_1.jpg

My ultimate goal is to borg the whole cube and become indefinitely sustainable. Hopefully before the next content update. My current project is to clear a large swath over the top of my colony to thermally isolate and organize my power generation and distribution. I was hoping to find more natgas geysers, but I don't think that is in the cards.

My current state of the game. CO2 filling phase finished, now replacing it with clean oxygen. Takes time and unfortunately some packets of polluted oxygen slipped in somehow, I'm still not sure how. Probably dupes brought them in as they were putting the steam geyser in order. Also building room for a Bristle Blossoms farm.

oIYqd1q.jpg

On 11-6-2017 at 9:06 PM, NanoD said:

At last 100 dupes. Oh my god. oh well here is a few pics from it

Were it all started 6 dupes gave their lives to complete this base

Main base

Living area every dupe get their own living quarter, and every dupe only get bristle berrys as food, you see 2 grow rooms, there is multiple scattered round the base

living area 

Here is Mrs and Mr dupes living area and the only shower in the base. of course only for their use. 

Mr Mrs dupe

And over view of the base 

Over view

Wow, very nice man. 

Saw many bases, huge bases, and I've got my own huge square kind base such a large box with people inside, and it runs for 2000+ cycles and after all I start thinking about some thing else...

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

It certainly looks like it can run so long but you show us cycle 268

Hehehe, not sure if I have save of my pre--pre-pre-previus base I'm not saving for a long period of time there.

Wanted to share my base too.

Works mostly fine. Second Tank the size of the other big tank is planned for dirty water and final goal is to dig out every tile.Übersicht.png

Overview

Hotel Tank und Farms.png

Big Tank (2 Climate Zones), 57 Bedroom Hotel (and 16 locked up beds for the narcoleptics) and Farms (171 Pincha Pepper, 210 Grizzle Berrys and 39 Sleet wheat ). Only short ways to go for the dupes for maintenance.

Strom und Filte.png

Electricity and mechanical Air filter. All gases gets sortet out and getting erased from the world. (natural gas and hydrogen in the generators, co2 to the scrubbers, dirty air to the Puft´s, chlorine to a cold chamber where it gets stored as liquid and o2 in my base)

Hope you enjoy :)

On 7/4/2017 at 8:21 AM, Nativel said:

Well nice brick base :)

So, I almost finish my battleship, was afk for 3 hours and it's self operating by dublicants w/o my interaction. Now only weapons needed to blow up neutronium field.

This is the most creative base I've seen! You have a lot packed into that ship!

6 hours ago, Scorpio King said:

Good luck with that magma cooling

Magma cooling is easy :) Drop water on the magma, mine out the igneous that forms, drop water on the debris. Done :D Just make sure your compactors are set to sweep only - you don't want any of that 1500degree shiz being brought home :p 

Yeah as Lifegrow said it is that simple. It happens fairly fast too. After a cycle or two the temp comes right down. The only complication is if you use polluted water for the cooling. Then a bunch of dirt and sand pops out of it and can plug up the operation. It's pretty fun to do though. Nice fireworks.

Archived