Show Us Your Colony

18 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

I'd love to see a hi-res pic of this by the way, might make some good wall art...

will do the base has gotten a little bigger with a sub base near the bottom geyser and void. don't build one base, build facilities your base is the hole of the asteroid1XnOt3u.jpg

5 hours ago, heckubis said:

will do the base has gotten a little bigger with a sub base near the bottom geyser and void. don't build one base, build facilities your base is the hole of the asteroid

Thanks for another pic, i've been trying to zoom in and see exactly what you have going on in your "complex" (it's gone far beyond a colony) :D

Sadly, the quality is garbage after a certain point - is this taken with the debug tool or onion?

22 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Thanks for another pic, i've been trying to zoom in and see exactly what you have going on in your "complex" (it's gone far beyond a colony) :D

Sadly, the quality is garbage after a certain point - is this taken with the debug tool or onion?

yah sorry its about 14 screenshots in debug then stitched with Image Composite Editor not all that great with the stitching stuff and haven't used the onion. some parts are overly complex some are extremely simple. and would only really be understandable if you had the energy grid pipes and vents shots to go with it. and that's tons more shots that would have to be stitched or end up being too small and distorted

30 minutes ago, heckubis said:

not all the parts are of my own design sure I implemented them but the fundamental idea came from the forums and the bubbler is almost identical to the one on the forums its only a little taller

Well of course, this forum is a hive of mathematicians and scholars.... I could never have dreamed up the hydrogen bubbler, but when you build one and see it work - it's beautiful nonetheless :)

So, here is my colony to date. Peruse and give me feedback. I am planning on using the geyser to power my electrolyzers with 3 of those chilly plants growing from the seeds i placed, and then using that hydrogen in a hydrogen generator. I also want to eventually use the puft to the right for slime factory goodness (algae, water, etc.).

Belowdecks.png

Future Slime Factory (Right).png

Geyser Aquarium (Above).png

Main Base.png

The Chlorine Mines (Left).png

Posted these pics yesterday, I can see them but my post-count is still zero.Also in the post it states it's 'hidden' and needs to be approved by a moderator? Is this because I just signed up yesterday? Or because I used my Steam details to sign up and it's privacy settings could have something to do with this? Please enlighten me!

Hey guys.

Put together some images (or tried to) to show the setup I am running at the moment. 

Reached cycle 500 without any big issues and for the first time heat hasn´t been an issue. 

Using the "ice carrots" to cool hydrogen" and have it running around where I want to be cooled down.

Hope you enjoy and if you can please leave some input and critics. Always looking to learn!

10 mb file size. 

montage500.jpg

1 hour ago, fl0ok said:

Hey guys.

Put together some images (or tried to) to show the setup I am running at the moment. 

Reached cycle 500 without any big issues and for the first time heat hasn´t been an issue. 

Using the "ice carrots" to cool hydrogen" and have it running around where I want to be cooled down.

Hope you enjoy and if you can please leave some input and critics. Always looking to learn!

10 mb file size. 

montage500.jpg

Looking good buddy, we've discussed a lot of this on stream - I checked this out live just after you left as promised :)

P.s. My water's cooler than yours :p

41 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Looking good buddy, we've discussed a lot of this on stream - I checked this out live just after you left as promised :)

P.s. My water's cooler than yours :p

Much cooler matte! Next one will be improved! Hope you didn´t make fun of my mess!! :p

My colony is a bit complicated so I hope to limit it to the highlights, My main base is pretty standard looking but has a nice thermal feature where the colony turns on the lights for the area if the temperatures are below 17 C, keeping the entire area at a comfortable temperature.Main Base.png

Main base temperatures.png

My air is made by electrolyzers, and before the O2 is picked up by pumps the O2 is cooled by wheezeworts to prevent the base from ever being over heated by the slow electrolyzer heat gain.Air prduction.png

I get the water for the oxygen generation, showers and lavatories from geysers, which I cool (also with wheezeworts) before pumping around my base, so that the dupes don't simmer themselves to death in the showers. CO2 Condenser.pngCO2 Condenser Temperture Overlay.png

But my favorite part of the base is the bathrooms.Judgemental Bathroom.png

I call it the Judgmental Bathroom. Please don't change the statues.

Here is my colony at cycle 415-ish, and about 100 hours of play, in the form of many screenshots.20170412140526_1.jpg

As much of the main base as I could fit into one screenshot. Objects of note that do not appear in this shot are the two layer bristle berry farm up top, battery array to the left, and sealed oxygen chamber below the water supply for whenever I run out of algae.

20170412140426_1.jpg

My oxygen supply and its personal battery array (which is kind of pointless because the entire thing uses energy as fast as it's generated). In the bottom right, 1 of 5 geysers that I have located.

20170412140443_1.jpg

The bottom portion of my massive water reservoir. There is an entire screen of empty space between this and the top portion, just to put the space in it to scale. It is currently storing upwards of 2 million Kg of water (for whatever reason, the resource counter in the top right is only counting the water in the tiny reservoir inside the main base). There are 3 geysers filling this reservoir.

20170412140458_1.jpg

The top portion of my reservoir, which holds the other 2 geysers that fill it. Not much else to say about that.

20170412140406_1.jpg

My next big project, I'm going to purify the polluted water in this area and use this as another smaller reservoir, filled by the most recently found geyser.

Archived