Show Us Your Colony

I really like how you've encased your place with tiles and stayed so tightly packed, very efficient looking! 

Here is my current place, my first colony been lost to time since I never bothered saving, and this one overwrote the auto saves. It's not nearly as space efficient as yours is!

tivqy3F.png

1 hour ago, Criptfeind said:

I really like how you've encased your place with tiles and stayed so tightly packed, very efficient looking! 

Here is my current place, my first colony been lost to time since I never bothered saving, and this one overwrote the auto saves. It's not nearly as space efficient as yours is!

Thanks for sharing, Your place looks great with all the paintings :)

Having it all so close seems to have a downside... heat! I have not got as far in my second go but heat seems to be the biggest problem for me so far.

If Prison Architect has taught me anything its to try and cram as much in one space as you can! :p

This is my second colony:

Spoiler

base1.jpg

I tried to renew water by pumping it to the lavatory, cleaning the water and then dumping it back in the pond, but as the dupes started using that pond too, the outtake surpassed the intake :/

My MAIN problem right now is that I'm low in algae...

But I had a misfortune here:

Spoiler

base 2.jpg

As people were talking in other thread, sand tile will slowly burst in contact with water... I didn't notice the leak and BAM! Lost 40% of my third water supply.

19 minutes ago, jaydustrose said:

The neatness of these colonies kills me.  I just have random junk everywhere.

Same. I was doing it right and neat at first, but then some kind of crab ate two of my people while they were sleeping and I took it as a sign. :D

vjTkQAm.png

Things have not been going well, all but one Duplicant died of starvation at about cycle 50. I had CO2 issues that caused my crops to not grow for a while, which is why I have a CO2 room now. Back up to 3 Duplicants very recently, but he was alone for at least 15 cycles.

At this point I've also chosen to not try and counter stress, instead I've opted for mesh flooring so that stress vomiting fills my fluid pit. That way, any vomit ends up in the fluid pit instead of on the floor, which then gets purified.

"At this point I've also chosen to not try and counter stress, instead I've opted for mesh flooring so that stress vomiting fills my fluid pit. That way, any vomit ends up in the fluid pit instead of on the floor, which then gets purified. "

And pumped right back on top of the vomit. :D

1 hour ago, Hexicube said:

vjTkQAm.png

Things have not been going well, all but one Duplicant died of starvation at about cycle 50. I had CO2 issues that caused my crops to not grow for a while, which is why I have a CO2 room now. Back up to 3 Duplicants very recently, but he was alone for at least 15 cycles.

At this point I've also chosen to not try and counter stress, instead I've opted for mesh flooring so that stress vomiting fills my fluid pit. That way, any vomit ends up in the fluid pit instead of on the floor, which then gets purified.

alone for 15 cycles. please rename him matt damon.

also impressive cyle reach.

Yup! I'm trying some layouts. I think something like this could work but this one is starving already, there's no more algae and it doesn't have enough power neither water.

ONI.png

Btw - the game is crashing after I load this save. I guess the problem is related to memory?

• Developer

Hey gang! Just wanted to stop by and say these are awesome!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122583319

In case you couldn't catch it, we showed off a handful of these bases on stream today. Check it out 13:00 into that VOD :) We showed off @AlucardEX, @JimmyJam, @Criptfeind, @Hexicube, @deadgag. We tried to do lemmethink's but we accidentally doubled up on Alucard's. We'll include it next time we do one of those!

Keep 'em coming! :D

Decided to put my clean water high up on my second world, and recycling contaminated water back to the tank. Putting algae near my water to make the delivery faster but eventually abandoned them in favor of eletrolyzers, it just doesn't make sense, 3 algae farms consume the same amount of water as the electrolyzer, but produces only 1/7 of the oxygen. Not to mention dependency on algae.

All the floors are mesh tiles so all the puke just flow down to the contaminated water reservoir, no need to mop!

MyBase.PNG

14gmWGU.png

Drastic improvements have happened in the last 10 cycles! I noticed a pocket of 2000kg of contaminated air right next to my outhouses, and have replaced the algae habitats with electrolysers. I've also opted to clean the CO2 in the power generation room.

However, all is not well. My sand reserves are slowly depleting, and with no alternative filtration medium the base will eventually fall into a thick smog once more. Until then, my Duplicants will persist...

Latest stand of my colony:

colony2.png

I changed my oxygen generation from Algae habitats to electrolyzers since they seem to be vastly more efficient.

Still Barely keeping up with the water production and I have stopped accepting new Dupes.

This is how far I'm currently digging for water:

colony3.png

Archived