Console Delete Goose/Moose Spawn Zone

Hi all,

Firstly I'm running a dedicated server, playing solo.

I guess the information I'm looking for is:

-has anyone used the c_select():Remove() command to delete a Goose/Goose spawn point?

-does it maintain, or is it aesthetic and can the M/G just spawn in that same spot anyway?

So, I'd found a perfect spot to set up. And I'm even trying to get a megabase going... I don't know how I overlooked a Goose/Goose spawn point.

It's 01:30 so I wasn't interested in dealing with its shenanigans. I killed it and its kind and remembered (as lightning struck) that it would spawn another nest.

I found the c_select():Remove() command and thought I'd try it out.

-Try 1: It was dark and I had a lantern. I tried the command in "Remote"; nothing. I tried it again (in local; thinking it may have been that) in daylight. It worked. Then I deleted the other nest and it promptly crashed my game and said DST was out of memory and there are too many mods running... this has never happened and I recently whittled down my number of mods.

I backed up my data. The servers themselves did not crash. I just reloaded DST and jumped back on the server.... oooooh. I'm just realising that it was a client side command and the client crashed. That makes sense. Sorry I'm tired.

-Try 2: (just to clear that up) I got back in, the nests were still there (again, must have been because it was local) and reran the command in "remote" while it was daylight. Boom, boom, they evaporated, with no error. Then I figured "why not?" and deleted the... straw looking, nest-spawn zone. No error.

Thanks in advance.

Meiyer

I also recently started making my base near a Spring Giant nest potential spawn-point without realising it at first...BUT...I had set my season lengths as random before generating this world, and got around it by sheer dumb "luck" through...not having a spring.  At all!

This doesn't help your current problem (unless...you just use console commands to skip spring each time manually?) and I personally wouldn't recommend it*--but it _was_ effective...

...Notorious

*You go straight from "things won't grow back because it's winter" to "things won't grow back because they're withered."  AWESOME.

15 hours ago, DarkKingBoo said:

Maybe try this: local nest = c_find("moose_next_fx", 30); nest:Remove()

Wow. Thanks. How would I have found this out. Console newb here. Only use the commands on the Wiki page.

14 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I also recently started making my base near a Spring Giant nest potential spawn-point without realising it at first...BUT...I had set my season lengths as random before generating this world, and got around it by sheer dumb "luck" through...not having a spring.  At all!

This doesn't help your current problem (unless...you just use console commands to skip spring each time manually?) and I personally wouldn't recommend it*--but it _was_ effective...

...Notorious

*You go straight from "things won't grow back because it's winter" to "things won't grow back because they're withered."  AWESOME.

Yeah. I did a random one once. My first one was actually that. But with a normal Autumn and very long Winter. Needless to say, I'm over that world. And yeah, I'm not going to skip the season. I love Spring in the game. So far it didn't spawn this Spring. I think I'll just keep testing it.

If the Goose is related to the nest for spawning then I think it'd be solved. We'll see.

Yeah, I wouldn't skip spring either.  I still like randomising the seasons, even though I do sometimes get obnoxious stuff like my current world...but hey, it's a type of difficulty I find interesting.  (shrug)

However, I also wouldn't reccommend having a FIFTY day spring each year either, which is another one I got.  Wow, that is WAY MORE RAIN than any one person should have in a row.  : P

...Notorious

Archived